Match Thread Rangers v Aberdeen - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTV

Our "captain" might just see off his seventh manager during his time here.

That would be red flag material at any other club.
Total DS.

You’re talking about a captain as if he’s the manager or chairman. It isn’t Tav’s fault he’s spent years surrounded by dross - as he regularly digs us out of hole after hole.

The guy was top scorer in the Europa league. He has 226 goal contributions. It’s easy to criticise, but that’s half an argument. Offer a solution. You really think if Goldson was captain and we had some Broadfoot Mk II in his place, we’d have won loads of trophies?

Imagine blaming a right back (who averages 14 goals a year) for not being successful.

Yeah, I’ve seen that happen. Once. And it was on an occasion where there was no point in chasing it because he’s slow as fck. He’s shite, surely that’s enough to beat him with?
I think criticism for a lack of effort is more justified than criticism for a lack of talent.

New manager has to be a proven manager, no more managers learning the ropes. No more players safe although I think a new manager can definitely get this mob playing well.
I said that when he was hired. Beale isn’t a Manager, he is a coach, a guy who takes training sessions and takes orders as to who to play and how to play. A anager picks the players and the team, puts out the tactical plan and the coach follows the plan and if someone isn’t playing well, hooks him.
That is not Beale.
and if I may say this, I hate fing predictive text.

Beale out, board out, Tavernier and remnants of the "leadership group" out. There's no fixing this with the existing key personnel. Just rip the plaster off and start with the so-called manager and his clueless staff.
Tav ain't going we gave him a fcking crazy contract

he needs to be gone. I`m by no means a reactionary, but I've seen enough.

he`s not building towards something, trying to implement a system it`s taking the players time to realise. it`s just turgid. even mid week when we won it was turgid stuff.

we need an experienced manager, I cannot say this enough. The players we have are more than capable of playing at the level we do, we just need someone who can get them to to so.

Get ready for Derek McInnes. Second bite at the cherry after shitting his pants first time round.
Or he could come in and bring back some kind of identity. The guy has been amongst our biggest winners and managed by Walter … he at least knows what it’s about and what’s expected.

If it is ever McInnes, he needs backed not booed from the off because he knocked us back when we were a mess - although, it could be argued were as much of a mess today as back then.

Tom making out like we've had loads of good headed chances. Every one of them from deep, balls coming from behind a player are notoriously difficult to direct and get any power behind.

They're not great chances at all, it's lazy cowardly deep crosses instead of putting the effort in and taking responsibility to drive and create something real, time and time and time again and 9 out of 10 times they don't even come close to finding a Rangers player.

Back