Match Thread Rangers v Aberdeen - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTV

I have been looking at this question for years and, do you know what, exactly the same issues are arising as did then.

Sure Tav has scored a lot of goals in his time but defence has to be the prime concern for any manager. The argument has always been the same. It is fine if you have a full back who can move forward and score goals but he needs to be able to seriously defend without expecting a midfielder or other to bale him out when he is, now breathlessly, at the top end of the pitch whilst the game is now centred in our box. This creates an imbalance in our defence which is regularly exploited. So we need to look at defence before we consider an attacking full back. Tav is certainly not the answer !

The issue of captainship is another matter and, to my mind, Tav also falls short in that area - certainly compared with other previous outstanding managers.

The current manager is obviously NOT the answer either and we need a new manager who is competent, has flair, and can develop the answers to our ongoing conundrum - insufficient resources !

SG was more attuned to the situation but that is history !

Where are we losing games/Titles from, any new manager coming in will surely look at the basics, goals for and goals against, is a good start

he will surely look at defence
Serious question mate - if Tav was also solid defensively, what do you think he would be valued at?

We play in Scotland. Every player we have will have flaws. It’s demented to expect Tav to score a goal every other game, play 3 positions tactically, and also be defensively sound,

Was at the game Dessers is absolutely hopeless any striker has us 2/3 up. Butland was terrible at the first goal. After we were 0-1 we never looked like scoring. Beale is an absolute dud he’s let better players go than signed. He has to go and so do the charlatans in charge. Club is a mess and needs gutted again.

I seen him walking down tunnel and was asking people around me and no one mentioned it or noticed we had a man sent off

Think i was just shellshocked by that point, wasn’t really even noticing what was going on. Nobody around me had even reacted to the sending off

We will win nothing this year, the board appointed a charlatan, he bought impostors, both as players and backroom staff, irs a total shambles.
If Beale is in a job before the weekend is out the board should go as well. The board lack bottle as they should have got short of Beale after the mank defeat. And the players WOW I’d love to know what stats and scouting convinced Beale to sign the majority

I think their second and third goals sum up what's wrong. When the ball was in the box they were desperate to get absolutely anything on it to get it on target. Players busting a gut to get in there. Ours are the opposite. Runs made in hope. Hoping it might drop for them. No killer instinct and no desire in areas where it matters.

I think their second and third goals sum up what's wrong. When the ball was in the box they were desperate to get absolutely anything on it to get it on target. Players busting a gut to get in there. Ours are the opposite. Runs made in hope. Hoping it might drop for them. No killer instinct and no desire in areas where it matters.
That's what I thought two of their goals their players were fighting to get to the ball. Look at ours powder puff

Well, after looking forward to this game for ages, all I can say is thanks to the two guys on FF and Colin for getting the tickets to me for the game. Appreciate it guys. You have to love our support.

As for the game, I really don’t want to talk about it. Home tomorrow after a great holiday with only one disappointment. And what a disappointment it was.

now imagine how he would have felt if a potential replacement had sat in the stands watching the match

Gio didn't deserve that and really showed the type of person Beale was
We all lapped it up too though. He was swanning around the pub in his element and being paraded around the ground like it was the 2nd coming. A sleekit rat who should have been chased long ago.
Only in the job because he was 3rd fiddle to SG and Gary Mac

Just heard his comments after the match too, saying "the criticism and everything that's said about the team will be justified tonight". Yet again, throwing the players under the bus, will the criticism of you go unnoticed then???

Last edited:
Celt!c defeats aside, that may be the worst Ive felt after a Rangers loss.

Totally fed up with it all and completely unsurprised in equal measure.

These frauds have taken the joy out of watching Rangers which seemed impossible a thing to do, but they have done it.

Aberdeen had a game plan; changing tactics during the game and all players were very determined. Unlike ours. Shit (non) finishing from us and they were sharp on rebounds/very lucky. We have no confidence - are f&@ked with Beale. League has already gone - they (Smeltic) have shown yesterday how to win games up to the last seconds of the game. …and that’s from me who always has a very positive outlook. League has gone and if that is the case they will (continue to) dominate Scottish football ad infinitum. Although still a long season to go and football is a funny old game. Here’s hoping (against hope).

this has to stop now rangers
this was one of the worst rangers perfomances i have ever seen and that's saying something
beale and his backroom team must go now, dont ask me who the replacement is but
we cant keep going like this, it is awful, woeful, no passion, no commitment, nothing.

Serious question mate - if Tav was also solid defensively, what do you think he would be valued at?

We play in Scotland. Every player we have will have flaws. It’s demented to expect Tav to score a goal every other game, play 3 positions tactically, and also be defensively sound,
Actually it's only the people who defend his defensive frailties who bring up these expectations.

Most of us just want a defender who can defend first and foremost and goals scored are a bonus.

I'd want that of my defender even if we weren't playing in Scotland.

Set aside the inability to do the basics of taking chances and defending set pieces. The most galling aspect yesterday was the lack of passion and fight. Not once in the first hour did we win a 50/50 or second ball. In fact several 60/40 challenges in our favour went their way.

We are missing the "basics",controlled aggression,hunger,desire,team spirit, confidence, organisation and a "leader"!.
We were beaten by a poor team yesterday!,but they wanted it MORE,-yet again.

The defending at set pieces, particularly corners, was bordering on the criminal. At their first goal Cifuentes just had an aire of ’couldn’t be bothered’ and was left standing. In the 2nd half, another example was their header at the far post. It didn’t lead to a goal but demonstrated our lack of giving it all for the team, this time it was Lammers casually letting their top goal scorer in with a chance. He narrowly missed. A dire performance alround. The question is: which manager can turn it round, even if we have to pay millions? Otherwise, the season is over.

Well, after looking forward to this game for ages, all I can say is thanks to the two guys on FF and Colin for getting the tickets to me for the game. Appreciate it guys. You have to love our support.

As for the game, I really don’t want to talk about it. Home tomorrow after a great holiday with only one disappointment. And what a disappointment it was.
Much like yourself, my eldest boy was over from Colorado; taking in a game at Ibrox for the first time in the best part of two decades. His verdict was `This is the worst I`ve ever seen us` .

Outwith the sh1tshow on the park, a huge thank you to all the Bears we spoke to in the bars and around and inside Ibrox for the welcome they gave him/us. Taking the time out to make conversation, and wanting to know all about him. Hugely appreciated, and no little consolation on an otherwise depressing afternoon. W A T P.

When was the last time our fans admitted the league was over before October?

The only thing certain certain now is that things can only get worse if drastic changes are not made right now. The present set up is just not acceptable .

Last edited:
Finally decided to watch the highlights. The missed chances in the first half were absolutely disgraceful. We could have easily been two or three up if we had a half decent, even average striker. All down to recruitment. We didn’t actually sign forwards with a great pedigree for scoring barrowloads so we shouldn’t really be surprised.

We are missing the "basics",controlled aggression,hunger,desire,team spirit, confidence, organisation and a "leader"!.
We were beaten by a poor team yesterday!,but they wanted it MORE,-yet again.
This has been my problem for a long time, last season only Greegs and Arfield had ‘it’.

I finally got round to watching the 'highlights'. FFS, with some decent finishing we could have been out of sight in the first half. :confused:

I finally got round to watching the 'highlights'. FFS, with some decent finishing we could have been out of sight in the first half. :confused:
Shouldn't have wasted £4.4m on Dessers and went out and got Shankland. Before anyone says he isn't Rangers standard or good enough in Europe, who in our front 3 is?
He knows the league and he knows how to score goals.
Id also have snapped up Devlin from Hearts as well. Someone with a bit of fight about them

Un-stuck this one now. Think it's run its course and been given a full examination. Certainly won't be deleting it though. Handy for future reference!

Shouldn't have wasted £4.4m on Dessers and went out and got Shankland. Before anyone says he isn't Rangers standard or good enough in Europe, who in our front 3 is?
He knows the league and he knows how to score goals.
Id also have snapped up Devlin from Hearts as well. Someone with a bit of fight about them

Noublé of Livingston would be better too. Doesn't mean he's acceptable, and neither is Shankland. He's a poor man's Billy Dudds, except he's not a complete bastard like jug-ears is.

Back