Match Thread Rangers v Aberdeen - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTV

I've no words for that performance and I was willing to give Beale a chance but, enough is enough he has to go tonight, but again I doubt this will happen:(
Where's the vodka at.

Just heard the gaffer on radio. He’s right in everything the says. He stopped short of saying we’re absolutely gash devoid of ideas and fight.

Really really not convinced that we don’t have a good team with Lawrence, Cantwell, Danilo, Raskin and Roofe (no laughing) back.

Also convinced that the squad would be better with Hagi, Colak, Sakala and Arfield.

Dessers has had his chance.

Sima is good (I think)

But, (and I’ve defended him to the hilt) Beales only possible excuse is injuries, and even that doesn’t wash

New manager might make these guys play, Beale isn’t capable
Agreed.
The injuries have compounded the problem but they are not the cause of it. We have been dire since preseason began. Ten minutes into the Newcastle game was a real eye opener and sadly it has just got worse as the manager has now reached panic stage with his selections and subs.
Sad state of affairs

His track record is horrendous, and the football being played under him is woeful.

A managerial performance, noted primarily for shockingly poor signings, not knowing his strongest eleven, woefully ineffective substitutions, constant tinkering with the shape of the team, playing players out of position and turgid, drab, uninspired football that fills the stadium with groans and boos.

No set or established system, no identifiable style of play, players don't seem to understand their role, no obvious identity and the return on the £15m+ spent has been nothing short of criminal.

Players openly admitting that fans are bored and being turned off by the woeful football on display.

Nobody is currently enjoying going to Ibrox - including the next generation of Rangers fans, who are bored stiff and being turned off, in their droves.

Some of the most toxic atmospheres experienced at Ibrox in modern history. The venom, acrimony and malice towards the manager and the team, bordering on unprecedented.

We deserve much, much better.

We’re a mess.

Gerrard propelled us out of a very dark period, but ever since then we have practically receded back to where we were.

Wouldn’t suggest we’re at pre-Gerrard levels as a club as a whole, but the playing side isn’t a million miles off it. Certainly closer to that squad than the squad of 2021.
I'd politely point out that after Gerrard we were within a penalty kick of a European trophy and won a Scottish Cup, beating them en-route; something the current incumbent has proved incapable of doing in a genuinely meaningful game. The guy why achieved that, with a stale and ageing squad, was bagged to bring this charlatan in.

Come on Rangers …. We need someone to come out and tell us what the f&&k is going on. We pay our way with cash and support ,, come clean and tell us right now.

How do we know he shat himself? Maybe he wanted a certain amount of money and was promised a fraction of what he thought he'd need. Taking the job when he knew he would fail would be stupid.
He would CERTAINLY have us playing a system we could recognise.
He pulled out at the last minute when his contract details would have been agreed.
He shat it- end of.

Can we really be angry?

The board decided to chase a guy with 20 games under his belt because they, along with a good chunk of the gullible loyal, took Gerrard's 'he knows more about the game than me' seriously.

Not surprised it's came to this at all.

He’s 6 years more experienced as a manager now, and we need to ask ourselves now if another foreigner/“up and coming” manager is the way forward or just another waste of time.

They say insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Maybe, just maybe, it’s time to solidify and go back to basics and that means appointing a Scottish manager who knows the league and could set us up difficult to beat first and foremost.

That said, I think this board won’t touch McInnes with a barge pole. It’ll be a John Eustace type - aka inexperienced and cheap.
That will be six more years of experience being a looser.hedid nothing at aberdeen and will do nothing at killie.two teams where to say the least expectation is low.

I'd politely point out that after Gerrard we were within a penalty kick of a European trophy and won a Scottish Cup, beating them en-route; something the current incumbent has proved incapable of doing in a genuinely meaningful game. The guy why achieved that, with a stale and ageing squad, was bagged to bring this charlatan in.
I would take Gio back quite honestly.

That will be six more years of experience being a looser.hedid nothing at aberdeen and will do nothing at killie.two teams where to say the least expectation is low.
They say insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

If we bring in another rookie British or foreign manager, we’ll be having this same discussion in another 18 months time. It’s a guarantee.

They say insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

If we bring in another rookie British or foreign manager, we’ll be having this same discussion in another 18 months time. It’s a guarantee.
Gio wasn,t a rookie manager was he.if you want tone technical neither was Pedro.

You're spot on .I ve been going to Ibrox for 58 years, always loved it .Now it's a chore
Your too true, the amount of people trying to give their tickets away for an Aberdeen match says it all really. The board must see the blue seats of Ibrox and act now for us all

Video uploaded on the rangers account claiming to be beales reaction to the game turns out it’s his reaction to getting through to playing Aberdeen

You’re putting too much emphasis on being captain.

He’s a right back who scores 14 goals a year.
I have been looking at this question for years and, do you know what, exactly the same issues are arising as did then.

Sure Tav has scored a lot of goals in his time but defence has to be the prime concern for any manager. The argument has always been the same. It is fine if you have a full back who can move forward and score goals but he needs to be able to seriously defend without expecting a midfielder or other to bale him out when he is, now breathlessly, at the top end of the pitch whilst the game is now centred in our box. This creates an imbalance in our defence which is regularly exploited. So we need to look at defence before we consider an attacking full back. Tav is certainly not the answer !

The issue of captainship is another matter and, to my mind, Tav also falls short in that area - certainly compared with other previous outstanding managers.

The current manager is obviously NOT the answer either and we need a new manager who is competent, has flair, and can develop the answers to our ongoing conundrum - insufficient resources !

SG was more attuned to the situation but that is history !

Where are we losing games/Titles from, any new manager coming in will surely look at the basics, goals for and goals against, is a good start

he will surely look at defence

Back