Match Thread Rangers v Aberdeen - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTV

We were reasonably okay and missed a couple of chances before we went a goal down. Any half-decent Rangers team with proper attitude treats that as a minor setback. We never looked like equalising. It's on the manager and the backroom staff - and the captain - to get these players back into the game, or prepare how to cope should it occur. They didn't do it, and the management should be shown the door. Mr Beale and pals, you are finished here. We wish you well wherever ever you may go. Rangers need to move on in a different direction now thank you.
The same story since 55.

Tasking a team coach with continental recruitment on top of that - with no recruitment to speak of - is unfair at the complete and utter maximum.

As I said, not a defence of his game to game management, but he was dropped in the shit and his team set-up faults are a completely different matter.

Beale's recruitment could only ever be a guessing game, and who caused that?

THE BOARD - GUILTY

Guilty of not have system in place or guilty of taking Beale at face value over contacts, players he wants etc. Maybe both?

Really really not convinced that we don’t have a good team with Lawrence, Cantwell, Danilo, Raskin and Roofe (no laughing) back.

Also convinced that the squad would be better with Hagi, Colak, Sakala and Arfield.

Dessers has had his chance.

Sima is good (I think)

But, (and I’ve defended him to the hilt) Beales only possible excuse is injuries, and even that doesn’t wash

New manager might make these guys play, Beale isn’t capable

Basically we let in 3 goals. Saying it for years, that defensive set up is undisciplined shite.
Maybe the penny will drop.
The defence is the least of our worries. Feeble midfield which offers no protection to defence and is slow and cumbersome going forward. Attack? What attack? The occasional defensive lapse can be forgiven when the forwards are doing what they are paid for.
As for the "injuries" excuse being trotted out. That team today should have been capable of disposing of a bottom half team.

A rookie PowerPoint manager, with clueless tactics and no obvious game-plan to play effective, winning football, or turn things around. His greatest talents appear to be his relentless Cockney spiel, and his ability to pull the wool over people's eyes. Just don't ask him to set the team up properly, make an effective substitution, name his strongest starting eleven, or win a meaningful game.

A £15m+ rebuild, 11 new signings, and we don't look like we're any further forward, than we were 12 months ago. Only Rangers could achieve that!

Out of the Champions League, and embarrassingly humbled in Europe, once again.

Trailing in the league, with the tramps sitting top.

Losing yet another vital Old Firm game.

Our primary goal-threats gone, - only to be replaced by a shower of expensive, misfiring flops, who would struggle to score in a brothel. Far too many of them look like the weight of the Rangers shirt, is one they are unable to carry.

We've all seen this movie before. We all know how it ends.

The more things change at Ibrox, the more they stay the same.

We deserve much better.

The "old guard" need to be gone. They have shown time and time again they do not have the required mentality.

Same again today, start off ok, 20 minutes in decide to stop moving, start passing it side to side, lose a pish goal, and collapse.

As for Beale, nobody to blame but himself. Was given more than half of last season to get his feet under the desk. Was backed with money and has made a complete and utter lady's front bottom of it.

That performance was truly embarrassing.

It is all on Beale for spending a fortune on Lammers and Dessers when they can't score goals.

An absolutely disgusting performance. Beale must be a Celtic fan undercover working for them, if he does not go we should protest. Should have been fired after the old firm game , there can’t possibly be a way he stays

Dessers, Lammers, Cifuentes and Sima must be the worst four pound for pound signings (and Sima is a loan) we have ever made in one window.

Coupled with the players we let saunter out the door it’s shambolic in the extreme.
Sima is the 1 who looks nost promising and he isnt even ours

Still nothing on Rangers social channels since the full time result posts.

Usually we get reaction from Beale within the hour. Hopefully the next thing Rangers post isn’t an interview … but a statement.

League is done team has no heart has no plan abject failure sorry but our club is in very real danger of just being an also ran that will win a Scottish cup once a decade

An absolutely disgusting performance. Beale must be a Celtic fan undercover working for them, if he does not go we should protest. Should have been fired after the old firm game , there can’t possibly be a way he stays
You needed today to work that out?

From Day 1 of this season his cowardice and unsuitability for this job was obvs.

Bring in some other mug and expect him to bring in players from the continent while responsible for coaching and managing the first team?

Same guessing game all over again and a surefire fail.

That board's guilty as sin.
We’re a mess.

Gerrard propelled us out of a very dark period, but ever since then we have practically receded back to where we were.

Wouldn’t suggest we’re at pre-Gerrard levels as a club as a whole, but the playing side isn’t a million miles off it. Certainly closer to that squad than the squad of 2021.

We’re a mess.

Gerrard propelled us out of a very dark period, but ever since then we have practically receded back to where we were.

Wouldn’t suggest we’re at pre-Gerrard levels as a club as a whole, but the playing side isn’t a million miles off it. Certainly closer to that squad than the squad of 2021.
Absolutely.

And as for all this sack Beale stuff?

Solves nothing. The disease is far deeper. In fact, it's up the stairs.

What a complete and utter joke! To get bossed on your own patch by the sheep is simply unacceptable. Surely Beale has to go after this?

Dessers, Lammers, and Cifuentes are never footballers in a million years. When I think of what we paid for them it makes my blood boil. A complete and utter waste we can ill afford. Alfredo, even in his form from last year would serve us better. He might have lost his hunger but at least he knew how to hold up the ball and maintain possession.

TBH I saw the writing on the wall when I saw it was Lundstram who orchestrating out attack. How did we come to this? Yet Beale thinks we are covered well enough in this position that we can let Hagi go out on loan?

One last thing. We've known there are problems with our defence for at least two seasons now, yet we refuse act. Like the rest of the team, it needs gutted (and I mean gutted) and rebuilt from scratch.

:(
We could have built a way better team with the players we have let go over the past couple of years! Tavernier NEVER a Captain of Rangers!

Still, we might win the League Cup, eh?

Then again, with Hearts not having Europe to knacker them, I wouldn't stick a quid on that.

Back