MOTM Poll Real Betis v Rangers - 20:00 Thursday - TNT Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Try watching that final 10 minutes with a couple of your mates all of us over 70 & with heart conditions
We did have a nice 15 year old malt for medical conditions to help

We were all in Spain the last time we won in 1972 & we didn't expect it tonight.
What a result, fantastic and seeded as well
We will win the league

Highlights just starting on TNT1.

Looking forward to hearing Hargreaves, he was awfully complimentary during our Seville run

See every negative Nancys and lurkers, tonight wasn't for you.
See genuine Rangers supporters enjoy your night.
Fucking Outstanding, those 6000 poor sods experiencing a historic result in the winter heat, hell mend you,! :))
Enjoy and tell the world who the most successful side in the history of the beautiful game are.
So proud
Said like a true supporter

I am always way too optimistic but I think we may pull off a great result tonight. We need to back whoever plays. I've tried to find a definitive list of what players actually travelled but can't find it. It is a very slim choice the Manager has to pick from.
If Dessers can step up tonight he will get a massive monkey off his back and pay back his transfer fee in one go.
2-0 Gers.
Going back to the start of the thread and gotta love your positivity and you were correct about the result - good man

I never expected that level of performance tonight. Massive learning for wee Ross. Sima continues to improve and knows where the goal is. Dessers has something in there. We just need to see it every game. Lunny immense. Kemar could be the key. Butland so solid. Lammers my only issue. Some nice touches but almost always chooses wrong option. Well done Rangers. Now lift the cup on Sunday and it sets up a massive season.

Just read BBC Scotland webshite report. Some fanny called Sean McGill is not a happy chappy. Bitter piece of shite I think
Here is McGill's report below:- What part to you appears to be a bitter piece of shite, cos I don't see it...

Resilient Rangers prevailed in an absorbing Europa League thriller with Real Betis to top the group and progress to the competition's last 16.

The Scottish Premiership side thundered into the lead thanks to a belting finish from Abdallah Sima, before Juan Miranda's arrowed strike almost immediately restored parity for the Spanish hosts.

After withstanding severe pressure in Seville, Cyriel Dessers came alive to restore the visitors' lead, but another equaliser from Ayoze Perez capped an incredible first half.

With Sparta Prague strolling to victory against Aris Limassol, Philippe Clement knew his side needed a winner, which came with 12 minutes left as substitute Kemar Roofe forced the ball home to spark celebratory scenes.

The cauldron of the Estadio Benito Villamarin could easily have daunted a Rangers side that knew victory was a likely necessity, but the bold visitors cut through the noise in an instant to strike first.

Sima has shown ruthlessness like no other player in blue this season, and did so again by thumping the ball out of the path of a flailing Dessers to send the travelling support wild.

Their celebrations would be curtailed in stunning fashion, though, as Betis immediately reminded Rangers of their quality when Miranda's lashed finished threatened to burst the side-netting.

Now, Rangers were rattled. Ben Davies had to block bravely before Jack Butland was called into action with two stunning saves - the second of which tipped Andres Guardado's thunderbolt crashing onto the crossbar.

Just as it looked as if Clement's side were becoming swamped, two of their struggling signings combined to push against the pressure.

Jose Cifuentes' outrageous reverse pass found Dessers, who still had so much to do. The forward who has frustrated Rangers fans skipped past two Betis bodies and rolled the ball through the legs of Rui Silva.

The hosts would soon retort in style again. Isco, who has been rejuvenated to his gracious best, danced on the edge of the box before feeding Perez. One gorgeous sweep of a boot later and this game of madness was once again level.

The second half started with another whack of the woodwork as Assane Diao rose at a corner to bounce one off the bar.

Once the imposing stadium had been silenced when VAR prevented Betis from taking the lead for the first time, there was a sense that Rangers would have one more chance to save their status in the competition.

It was far from pretty, but Rabbi Matondo's fresh air swing allowed the ball to roll towards Roofe, who was in the right place at right time to rubberstamp Rangers' ticket to the last 16."

Pretty standard report of a football match conveying the to-and-fro of the match, much as I saw it.

Here is McGill's report below:- What part to you appears to be a bitter piece of shite, cos I don't see it...

Resilient Rangers prevailed in an absorbing Europa League thriller with Real Betis to top the group and progress to the competition's last 16.

The Scottish Premiership side thundered into the lead thanks to a belting finish from Abdallah Sima, before Juan Miranda's arrowed strike almost immediately restored parity for the Spanish hosts.

After withstanding severe pressure in Seville, Cyriel Dessers came alive to restore the visitors' lead, but another equaliser from Ayoze Perez capped an incredible first half.

With Sparta Prague strolling to victory against Aris Limassol, Philippe Clement knew his side needed a winner, which came with 12 minutes left as substitute Kemar Roofe forced the ball home to spark celebratory scenes.

The cauldron of the Estadio Benito Villamarin could easily have daunted a Rangers side that knew victory was a likely necessity, but the bold visitors cut through the noise in an instant to strike first.

Sima has shown ruthlessness like no other player in blue this season, and did so again by thumping the ball out of the path of a flailing Dessers to send the travelling support wild.

Their celebrations would be curtailed in stunning fashion, though, as Betis immediately reminded Rangers of their quality when Miranda's lashed finished threatened to burst the side-netting.

Now, Rangers were rattled. Ben Davies had to block bravely before Jack Butland was called into action with two stunning saves - the second of which tipped Andres Guardado's thunderbolt crashing onto the crossbar.

Just as it looked as if Clement's side were becoming swamped, two of their struggling signings combined to push against the pressure.

Jose Cifuentes' outrageous reverse pass found Dessers, who still had so much to do. The forward who has frustrated Rangers fans skipped past two Betis bodies and rolled the ball through the legs of Rui Silva.

The hosts would soon retort in style again. Isco, who has been rejuvenated to his gracious best, danced on the edge of the box before feeding Perez. One gorgeous sweep of a boot later and this game of madness was once again level.

The second half started with another whack of the woodwork as Assane Diao rose at a corner to bounce one off the bar.

Once the imposing stadium had been silenced when VAR prevented Betis from taking the lead for the first time, there was a sense that Rangers would have one more chance to save their status in the competition.

It was far from pretty, but Rabbi Matondo's fresh air swing allowed the ball to roll towards Roofe, who was in the right place at right time to rubberstamp Rangers' ticket to the last 16."

Pretty standard report of a football match conveying the to-and-fro of the match, much as I saw it.
I just watched the highlights on BT and it was nothing but praise from Richardson, Hargreaves and the other guy.

Try watching that final 10 minutes with a couple of your mates all of us over 70 & with heart conditions
We did have a nice 15 year old malt for medical conditions to help

We were all in Spain the last time we won in 1972 & we didn't expect it tonight.
What a result, fantastic and seeded as well
We will win the league
I'll join you for the next round. :p

The Scottish MSM are going to really struggle with this.

Their heroes won a UCL game (although it was a dead rubber ) for the first time in many years last night.
The sheep then go and beat an Eintracht Frankfurt team which demolished Bayern Munich 5-1 at the weekend.

And then we go and completely eclipse both of them by winning our first ever competitive game in Spain to get us through as top of our EL group and into the last 16

IMO Tav was quite poor tonight & his form has been a bit erratic for some time, however he can and does still produce many big moments in games eg his lead up play to Sima’s goal at Tynecastle, and his goal in the semi.

Tonight’s a night for celebration & it wouldn’t surprise me if he was again hugely influential on Sunday.
He had a cracking second half. Him and Ross cost a goal each by switching off against quality players and they both know it. However no harm done and on to Sunday we go. Sterling is going to replace Tav and it might be next season. He looks good.

Clueless pish about a guy who steps up every time, never hides unlike some and costs us less goals than Goldson

Cheer up and enjoy the victory,
Yours sincerely
Happy Clappers . Com
Steps up talk pish he can’t defend and how many good games has he had in last season and half he’s been good servant but fans happy with him at Rb and Goldson he’s worse

Some classic Tim mental Gymnastics going on.
Betis clearly weren't trying and have no interest in Thursday football.
Eh, pretty sure they'd rather be playing their Thursday football in the EL than the conference.....
My favourite is that our football is so archaic that it's almost innovative. We're apparently baffling modern teams with our lump it forward chaos ball.
Now our first two goals obviously don't qualify as this but never mind. Keep saying it and your fat bloggers will write it up as the truth. We'll just take our bafflingly archaic football into the last 16.

We probably have like opinions on Tav mate, but try to enjoy the win, first and foremost.

WATP!!
I am enjoying the win the comments I made were during the game stand by them will support him fully Sunday when at Hampden and aslong as he’s here when at the games but its Father Time for Tav with me

We won but it wasn’t due to him he’s terrible if your happy with him at right back you can GTF
I am happy with him at right back.

Integral part of the best defense in the league, regularly contributed with goals and assists. Captain of our club. Respected by his team mates and I make that 4 managers now who think he's deserving of the captaincy.

Also 7th highest scoring defender of all time in world football.

Why wouldn't we be happy with that?

The Scottish MSM are going to really struggle with this.

Their heroes won a UCL game (although it was a dead rubber ) for the first time in many years last night.
The sheep then go and beat an Eintracht Frankfurt team which demolished Bayern Munich 5-1 at the weekend.

And then we go and completely eclipse both of them by winning our first ever competitive game in Spain to get us through as top of our EL group and into the last 16
Let me summarize the expected reaction for you:

1. Bhoys beat Dutch giants in Europe's biggest competition.
2. Dons beat Rangers conquerors on famous night.
3. Rangers Football Club finally overcome Seville and Spanish hoodoo to hold on against under-strength Betis.

Fantastic result and performance tonight against a decent European side. We're still shaky defending set pieces, but the overall display was very good and we played some impressive football at times.

Remember when they scored their second and Isco and Perez had the campest celebration ever, thinking they were a pair of raging bum bandits. Ironically The Village People song Go West was the stadium tannoy tune when they scored.

Just back from the game, was in the Norte stand, next to the away support, my son and I cheered like f.uck at all of our goals and celebrated together, not one bad word from any of the Betis fans sat round about us…fair f.ucks to them.

Nice one McGill. Say what you see:))

What a great result and overall team performance.
To say I'm delighted is an understatement.
Well done Rangers,fcukin brilliant.

Back