Official Rangers will play Manchester United at Murrayfield, Edinburgh on Saturday, 20 July 2024 in a pre-season friendly match.

It pains me to say this but I can't get past seeing this as a massive rip-off of fans.
I also wonder just how much the club will get from this after all the other stake-holders get their slice.
Maybe a bit hypocritical of me to comment as I have ever attended a match away from Ibrox since I said "never forgive, never forget" back in 2012, but there ye go.

A day out in the summer to watch us against one of the world's most popular clubs?

Absolutely.
One of the world's most hated clubs too.

Not sure these organisers pay attention to detail as it says the West Stand is neutral on the ticket receipt or whatever it is. This despite it being linked as a Rangers fan presale (and maybe I didn't pay enough attention) so wouldn't surprise me if there's a load of ticketing issues. I hope they haven't given a load of Man United fans the same area option as won't be happy if any of them are sitting too close to me. No "friendly" feelings for them whatsoever.

It's not for me this. Friendlies rarely are, unless it's away from home. But that's purely from a selfish 'day out' perspective.

Add in the ticket prices and having something on in Glasgow that night, I won't make it. Goes without saying but, I hope It's a cracking occasion for those that do go and the club makes a bit of cash from it.

Despite thinking the ticket prices are way too high for a friendly, we've bought ours in N10 at £70 a pop. Just know that come July, we'd be kicking ourselves if we weren't going. Plan on making a day of it now, heading through to Edinburgh early doors.

Does anyone think this will sell out?
100% it will. Liverpool v Napoli was almost a sell out a couple of years back. Man U v Lyon was a midweek game during the day last season and got nearly 50k. Man U have a huge pull and we are obviously the biggest side in this country. Add to the fact we most likely won’t have any home friendlies this summer, it’ll be a Saturday afternoon and decent weather, then the turnout should be good.

For me, this is a piss take.
I won't be at Murrayfield on the 20th, I'd rather pay my money directly to the club.
Do you not think the club are ‘directly’ making money from a match in the largest stadium in the country vs arguably the biggest name in world football?

This tie will make the club more money than the likes of Hamburg and Olympicos at home last season.

You do realise that this is a message board where people give their opinion on things? Saying "don't go" to someone calling out the excessive pricing for a friendly game is a bit childish. Also I would be very surprised if this sells out, happy to be proven wrong though.

How far is Murrayfield from Edinburgh City Centre ?

Looking to book a hotel in Edinburgh City Centre
1.5miles/30mins walk to the west end. Public transport from Corstorphine to city centre is very good (main route from the airport) so it might be worthwhile checking out prices further out of the city.

Hotels in the city centre will cost a absolute fortune in the summer months.
Think the prices are like that most of the year now in Edinburgh, it's mental. Even the likes of Premier Inn, Travelodge and Ibis, which you can usually get for an ok price, are like £200+.

Add to the fact we most likely won’t have any home friendlies this summer, it’ll be a Saturday afternoon and decent weather, then the turnout should be good.

It is the weekend of The Open at Royal Troon, can see many Bears, including myself, going there (or even watch on tv) rather than pay an exorbitant amount to watch what will be nothing more than a glamorous kickabout.

I've read some of the thread before I get any shit. The original announcement said that MyGers members would get a presale link emailed to them yesterday - I'm a base member but haven't received anything, has this changed? More recent media seems to omit the bit about MyGers, wondering if it was a mistake.

It's not for me this. Friendlies rarely are, unless it's away from home. But that's purely from a selfish 'day out' perspective.

Add in the ticket prices and having something on in Glasgow that night, I won't make it. Goes without saying but, I hope It's a cracking occasion for those that do go and the club makes a bit of cash from it.

Pretty much where i am on this one as well.

Don't fancy spending what was looking like £70 a ticket plus travel to get there per person, would rather put that towards a Euro away trip instead of being £200/£300 for a day out to Edinburgh to watch essentially a fitness match for those players not still on holiday.

It is the weekend of The Open at Royal Troon, can see many Bears, including myself, going there (or even watch on tv) rather than pay an exorbitant amount to watch what will be nothing more than a glamorous kickabout.
That’s nice, but I find it hard to believe that a golf tournament is going to have a material impact on the match attendance when the Rangers support haven’t seen their team play for a couple of months.

Pretty much where i am on this one as well.

Don't fancy spending what was looking like £70 a ticket plus travel to get there per person, would rather put that towards a Euro away trip instead of being £200/£300 for a day out to Edinburgh to watch essentially a fitness match for those players not still on holiday.
Im not sure where this base figure of £70 is coming from. I bought 3 tickets using the MyGers link for £135 including fees, so just under £45 each. Section W38.

That’s nice, but I find it hard to believe that a golf tournament is going to have a material impact on the match attendance when the Rangers support haven’t seen their team play for a couple of months.

I think it'll be a huge attendance regardless. Good opportunity for those who don't have ST's or want to take the kids along to game as well.

Trying to workout what I’m missing here.

Folk that trailed to Hoffenheim for a friendly last year getting angry on here saying price is unacceptable when it would appear to be the only “local” match as we prepare for August kick off.

An “active support group” getting their own private section of the Copland Front declaring they arent going to the only “local” match for a warmup before their new shiny section opens.

Yeah, £43 is dear for a friendly. Nobody is currently being forced to pay £70 for a ticket.

Its Manchester Uniteds friendly, their choice for Murrayfield instead of Old Trafford, Rangers clearly happy with their cut of it.

If Man Utd season ticket holders arent being charged the same as us, we can all have a problem with that.

I’ve just checked that. The pricing is identical.
It's not Man Utd's friendly, in the same way that it's not Rangers' friendly....as others have posted, it's a match organised by a Third Party at a neutral venue....like MU v Lyon at Murrayfield last year and Liverpool v Napoli at Murrayfield the year before....if it was MU's friendly, it would be at Old Trafford and like friendlies at Ibrox, Man U ST holders would be getting slightly different prices

Im not sure where this base figure of £70 is coming from. I bought 3 tickets using the MyGers link for £135 including fees, so just under £45 each. Section W38.

I was out most of the day yesterday and I clicked on the link on the email about 3pm and the lowest price ticket available on ticket master was £44 +plus booking fee and the "best" seats available were £69.66 + plus booking fee (section N10 Row W)

Total cost for 2 tickets including fees etc £143.

Back