Official Rangers will play Manchester United at Murrayfield, Edinburgh on Saturday, 20 July 2024 in a pre-season friendly match.

Sorry count me out.

At the start of this season Man Utd played Lyon at Murrayfield at inflated prices and it was a yawnfest I heard. It wasn’t full teams and it certainly won’t be this time especially as the European Championship final is the week before on the 14 July.

I am sure it will sell out as lots of kids will be putting pressure on their parents and grandparents to go.

But for me it is a money making exercise, first and foremost.

Last edited:
Sorry count me out.

At the start of this season Man Utd played Lyon at Murrayfield at inflated prices and it was a yawnfest I heard. It wasn’t full teams and it certainly won’t be this time especially as the European Championship final is the week before on the 14 July.

I am sure it will sell out as lots of kids will be putting their parents and grandparents to go.

But for me it is a money making exercise, first and foremost.

I can see the headlines already.

"Businesses in making money shocker"

Well that was £70 i could have done without spending today but there you go. Prices behind the goals are a disgrace to be honest, will the UB’s take over another section since its cheaper over on the touch line than “the designated signing section”

Well that was £70 i could have done without spending today but there you go. Prices behind the goals are a disgrace to be honest, will the UB’s take over another section since its cheaper over on the touch line than “the designated signing section”
Hopefully they don’t take any tickets for this.

Got the e-mail. No chance I’m paying £43 for a friendly even against Man. United. If it was at Ibrox £20 maybe. And before anybody comes on giving it you’re no a real fan, I attended every home friendly from 1971 up to about 1990ish when they were competitive matches. Nowadays it ends up about 40 players getting time on the park and different formations being tried out by both teams. Simply ripping the public off. Also the majority of the crowd are day trippers who’ll be lucky if they’re at another game all season.

Where have you seen cheaper tickets on the touchline? Behind the goal is cheapest as far as I can see.

Most, if not all the Man Utd first team will be on their holidays after the Euros. I think they are entitled to 4 weeks off iirc. I'm not going to pay to watch the Man U reserves. We will also probably play two teams at each half. It's simply too expensive. I think that the pricing is quite ridiculous to be honest.

Bought

For me it is the chance of seen us at Murrayfield as never got the chance in 2017 against Hearts as couldn't get time off work
I went to both the Liverpool v Napoli friendly and the Man United v Lyon one, with the former simply being because I missed our 2017 game there. That is one game I really regret not making, all my mates went and said it was a fantastic day.

I went to both the Liverpool v Napoli friendly and the Man United v Lyon one, with the former simply being because I missed our 2017 game there. That is one game I really regret not making, all my mates went and said it was a fantastic day.
Heard Hearts a great day probably the novelty of us them there

This may have been answered already but short of a search function, hoping someone can answer.

Will this be part of the season ticket/mygers option for all tickets Inc friendlies?

I’m l hoping not. Each to their own but £100 for the three of us to see a second string kick about doesn’t interest me

This may have been answered already but short of a search function, hoping someone can answer.

Will this be part of the season ticket/mygers option for all tickets Inc friendlies?

I’m l hoping not. Each to their own but £100 for the three of us to see a second string kick about doesn’t interest me
It's not at Ibrox so the answer to your question is no

No that’s for games at Ibrox.

This is different as it’s being organised by a third party and tickets are purchased through ticketmaster

UB's won't be going to this mate.

And I completely understand that.

Well the BC have said on their forum they're not going. Can't blame them when the club set a singing section at 70 quid a pop for a friendly
There’s about 500 tickets together still sat at £43.

Last edited:
Trying to workout what I’m missing here.

Folk that trailed to Hoffenheim for a friendly last year getting angry on here saying price is unacceptable when it would appear to be the only “local” match as we prepare for August kick off.

An “active support group” getting their own private section of the Copland Front declaring they arent going to the only “local” match for a warmup before their new shiny section opens.

Yeah, £43 is dear for a friendly. Nobody is currently being forced to pay £70 for a ticket.

Its Manchester Uniteds friendly, their choice for Murrayfield instead of Old Trafford, Rangers clearly happy with their cut of it.

If Man Utd season ticket holders arent being charged the same as us, we can all have a problem with that.

I’ve just checked that. The pricing is identical.

Last edited:
But why were some sent an email and some weren’t?

Just the normal half arsed approach to everything?
Dunno about Hospitality. Few posts on here from folk not getting stuff but that could be for any number of reasons. Junk folder? Filters on their Inbox so ‘non-essential’ stuff goes elsewhere? Opted out of some of the marketing emails? And earlier in the day just the fact that the emails go out in batches and some folk get them later.

Back