Flanagan Undergoing Medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same folk defending the club over this signing are the same folk that be destroying any of our rivals for it. They don’t seem to get that though.

What do you suggest folk do if he signs? Stop going to games? Torch Ibrox?

The reality is he'll be judged on how he plays, if (big if granted) he gets back to the form he showed playing for Liverpool no one will give a flying yin about his past.

Calm down hunk.

Nobody is asking you to like him.

His girlfriend has forgiven him.

I never liked Ian Black because he was a cvnt, it never stopped me wanting him to do well in a blue jersey when he represented us, 99% of supporters want a winning team if Flanagan comes in and performs that’s what matters.

Let he without sin cast the first stone.

I'm a hunk but not wanting a wife beater at our club. Hahaha :D What a shambles mate.

If you're happy with lowering our standards and throwing morals aside then fair enough, I'm not.

This is worse than Ian Black.

I'm not getting heated at all :D

I don't want a wife beater at my club, I don't think that's an unreasonable point of view.

Why do I have to trust the manager on everything? We aren't a cult, we are allowed to have different opinions on signings.

True true mate but as supporters our opinions are just that. Unfortunately for you on this occasion SG wants him at the club.

Everyone here is of the same opinion that what he did was scummy behaviour and the lowest of the low.

Some can’t accept it and that’s fine, some believe that if people who know him better can forgive and he deserves a second chance.

Disappointed in this tbh, would agree that the lad has been dealt with by the courts and deserves a second chance. I'd prefer if it wasn't at Ibrox.

However, I back the manager's judgement. Loads of other players he could have gone after as back up without Flanagan's baggage. So he must see something in him to make it worth taking the additional risk on him. Time will tell.

True true mate but as supporters our opinions are just that. Unfortunately for you on this occasion SG wants him at the club.

Everyone here is of the same opinion that what he did was scummy behaviour and the lowest of the low.

Some can’t accept it and that’s fine, some believe that if people who know him better can forgive and he deserves a second chance then so should we.

If he does sign then he will need to be strong mentally. The opposing fans will give him it rough for 90 mins.

I'm a hunk but not wanting a wife beater at our club. Hahaha :D What a shambles mate.

If you're happy with lowering our standards and throwing morals aside then fair enough, I'm not.

This is worse than Ian Black.
Some of the posts on here defending him have been absolutely pathetic.

If Gerrard wants him then thats enough for me. Gerrard knows the guy inside and out.

Aye but you don’t know Gerrard yet. He’s been our manager for less than a month. Our club has existed for a century and a half.

I’m not going to wet my pants about this but I’m genuinely disappointed. To be honest, if you’re not kind of disappointed by this then we have different conceptions of Rangers FC.

I will let SG decide if he thinks this guy is good enough to play for our club regardless of what we think or he has done, I’m sure the Management team have spoke about the rights or wrongs.

I see the positives of every signing. I’m not one for knicker wetting - I think it’s important players get a chance to prove themselves, even Ian Black and Kevin Kyle.

This, however, doesn’t sit well with me.

Aye but you don’t know Gerrard yet. He’s been our manager for less than a month. Our club has existed for a century and a half.

I’m not going to wet my pants about this but I’m genuinely disappointed. To be honest, if you’re not kind of disappointed by this then we have different conceptions of Rangers FC.
It's the same Rangers support that never bothered their arse about Amo calling someone a black basturt.
Gazza beating his wife or Struth going with a former players missus.

He'll be judged on how he plays and you know it

It’s a tough one.

Tagsbear point about redemption is a fair one but if that were to happen to my daughter there would be no second chances or forgiveness.

Some things are unforgivable and battering a woman is one of them in the bible of usbear

Captained Liverpool, played for England... We're not getting someone who is 25yrs old who has done those things if he doesn't have baggage. Sadly he has both injury and personal baggage - just got to hope he's put both behind him.

As per usual FF is not representative of the broader Rangers support.

99.9% of our support will judge him solely on what he does on the park because that is our only connection to him.

I personally think it's a good signing, strictly on football terms and gives us much needed full back cover.

What do you suggest folk do if he signs? Stop going to games? Torch Ibrox?

The reality is he'll be judged on how he plays, if (big if granted) he gets back to the form he showed playing for Liverpool no one will give a flying yin about his past.

If that makes you feel better about justifying the clubs decision, good for you.

Personally I hope he doesn’t play. If he does, then, unfortunately I’ll need to suck it up won’t I. That Doesn’t mean it has to sit well with me, with a daughter, supporting a guy that can do what he did to someone he supposedly loves.

It’s what it is.

Do I think he's a very good player and will improve us? Yes I do.
Do I want someone like him at the club? No I don't.
Will pissing and moaning about it online do anything? No it won't.

Ultimately do I trust Gerrard to do what's best for the club on and off the park? Yes I do.

Shagger
Tav Goldson Katic(or Alves) Flanagan

That back 5 is a massive upgrade on what we had last season.

Fancy we'll be a back 4, with Flanagan initially covering for the full backs mate.

Gerrard rates Tav and John, so he may need to bide his time.

There’s been people on here and in social media saying theres ‘two sides to every story’ etc.

Aye that is wrong, video does not lie, whether drunk or not. Up to Flanagan to come in a show he deserves it. If he does we get a very good player and potential windfall for restoring him as he is young enough to get a few season out and punt. It is all on him to do the hard graft and win people over.

It’s a tough one.

Tagsbear point about redemption is a fair one but if that were to happen to my daughter there would be no second chances or forgiveness.

Some things are unforgivable and battering a woman is one of them in the bible of usbear

I don't think we have to forgive him, we're just watching him play football.

As you say if it were to happen to my daughter I'd chop his balls off, however by all accounts he's still with the lassie so you'd hope it was a genuine moment of madness.

I'm normally not one for turning my nose up at players based on their private lives but signing a player who was recently arrested for a prolonged assault on his girlfriend doesn't sit right with me.

He'd be a good signing in a purely football sense but, can cover both full back roles and someone like that is obviously needed but, I just don't know.

Completely agree.
Lets make no bones about it, if he was signing for one of our competitors we'd be calling him every scumbag under the sun and rightly so.

have the people demonising flanagan seen the court report and the evidence? or just believed the chinese whispers, him n his mrs were on night out, he pushed her against a wall twice and aimed a kick at her, she had no injuries that were attributed to him, cctv and witness statement got him his punishment, if there was a proper beating do you really think he would not get a custodial sentence, gazza done far worse and he's idolised.

If the boss wants him here then i fully support his decision and get behind the team 100%

3 days after Gazza beat his missus black and blue, we were singing his name against Aberdeen at Ibrox.
Exactly the point I just made.in fact I can remember some bears making out that Sheryl was some how to blame for being some sort of gold digger etc

Fancy we'll be a back 4, with Flanagan initially covering for the full backs mate.

Gerrard rates Tav and John, so he may need to bide his time.

I meant back five including keeper. I personally don't rate John but I'd imagine everyone will improve immensely under Gerrard.

It's still looking a hell of a lot better than Martin & co.

Ultimately, we all support Rangers, and when the dust has settled, we only care about Rangers winning, and in particular, winning 55. I'm beyond caring how it happens now. If it was the ghost of Fred West that scored our title winning goal, i'd celebrate it every bit as much as an overhead kick from Scott McDonald.

No really if you actually again read the post. It was stating the inconsistency in reaction to Barton signing to that of Flanagan, when Barton got the jail after an assault in which a Child required dental surgery.

Who's inconsistency as I cant see how anyone would be impressed by that either.

What he did was scummy but as said previously, he has been dealt with by the courts

The reality is though, is that if he performs like he did a few years back when he got capped by England, then this will be forgotten about pretty quickly

Gazza was still a hero, rightly or wrongly after what he did. There is no difference in what they did.

From a football point of view, a fit, on form Flanagan is a huge upgrade

If it is made known to the player what is expected of him at Ibrox and the manager wants him then I will back Stevie Gerrard.
None of our current full backs can defend properly and this boy can.
So back the manager on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back