The Sun...Cardiff to bid 1.5 million for Windass

26 goals and assists last season. If we play to his strengths instead of trying to use him as a creative 10 then he'll thrive.

If he's as bad as some of you say and still got that tally last year , imagine the player we'll have if SG and GM can improve him.

Half the hate is just our fans being traditionally thin skinned and using the fact JW reacts to the abuse he takes.

He will be sold for what ever price the board need to help get The players Stevie wants in, if it’s 1.5m allowing further players in on loan or signed then we will take the cash on offer and move on.
All this 5m before we talk is crap as we will want a fast cash turn around if anyone is to be punted
No wonder players either leave this club for nothing its like a fire sale if thats the attitude we have

Last edited:
I am the only person who quoted 8m and think he is worth more if you compare him to players in England. Windass gets far too much stick up here and I wouldn't blame if he wanted out. The kid scored and assisted a shite load last season and was our best player but still took unbelievable abuse.
Agreed, wasn’t singling you out just skimmed through the thread and plucked that figure out.

Changed days on here.Mid last season we would have taken that no bother.
I think we could have a player in Windass under Gerrard.

I cant make my mind up on Windass other than he needs to be played upfront. July and August will go a long way to determine who stays and goes.

He's the most natural finisher we have in the squad and i wouldnt be selling for less than 5 million.

I quite like him as a player dispite the fact he is a bit of a thicko as a lad but he is a footballer so what do you expect.

I'd like to see him deployed as a forward next season and not a midfielder he doesnt have the tools to play as a ball at the feet type playmaker.

Theyve just got into the premier league. As if theyd have him as a first team regular.
Windass would only want to move if its for a starting role.

I'll add to the speculation by saying Warnock flew from Bristol to Glasgow last Monday afternoon.

Armstrong passed the ball straight to an England player leading directly to their equaliser at Hampden. He was in the last year of his deal. There is zero chance they got £7m for him
English papers quoting £7m. Are they part of the great conspiracy ? Imagine a player making a mistake leading to a goal, never happened to a Rangers player. I saw a Swiss player doing that yesterday in a WC, arguably biggest level in football.

I think he will stay for this season. Gerrard looks to have put the arm round the shoulder and told him he is wanted. Let’s do our bit and get behind the guy for the season.
A few posters saying play him in his correct position. For me he’s a no 10. Where is his correct position?

He will be sold for what ever price the board need to help get The players Stevie wants in, if it’s 1.5m allowing further players in on loan or signed then we will take the cash on offer and move on.
All this 5m before we talk is crap as we will want a fast cash turn around if anyone is to be punted
No mate he will be sold for what they think his market value is and it will not be £1.5m

Assuming the manager sees him fitting into his system he will stay

And we have money there is no need for a fire sale

Well, he’ll still be at Rangers then.

Which would please me.

Rangers can nip this shite in the bud instantly, by publicly stating that the Cardiff offer is absolutely nowhere near our own valuation. Not even worth discussing. So, Josh will be a Rangers player for the foreseeable.

£1.5 million wouldn't even get them Windass Senior.

Com'on Neil ur one of us, if ur serious you'll need to up the bid as you fine well know.
Nobody is being allowed to leave our club on the cheap now.Were on the up, and won't be looking back.Because we are the people and have professionals running our club now. No bargains in our manner Neily boy.

£7 million for Armstrong who is a peripheral figure at the tattie dome. A more proven quantity than Windass perhaps but we should be considering nothing less than £4.2 plus add on's for Windass. Plenty of potential.

What has Armstrong done over the last season or more, nothing.And the soapdodgers seemingly are getting £7 mill.for that 2nd rater.
Play the white man Warnock, April fools days past.If your genuine, start bidding at £5. Mill.or forget about any of our players.

Got to love this place. The boy gets slated constantly and called not good enough yet we're going mental at £1.5m :D

My thoughts are we should keep him unless we get a daft bid upward of £3m, but I rate him as a player.

For some reason Windass seems to be marmite for our fans. I can't understand why some seem to dislike him so much.

He's improved steadily whilst he's been with us and last season, when played more centrally and up until his injury he was excellent for us.

By all accounts he's a cracking lad and a really hard trainer. I think he'll flourish under Stevie G.

Josh has all the attributes to reach the top and will be helped by having better players around him.

Armstrong goes for £7m and some would be happy with £1.5m for Josh? Mental. It's the same with Tav.

I wouldn't be looking to sell either of them as I think they'll be crucial to us this season, but unless any bid is north of £6m we shouldn't even consider it.

Last edited:
seriously guys?
if we let him or tav go .who do we replace them with .you are all watching these training camp.vids and both have worked their ars3d off bigtime and clearly hear SG praising both and some want to punt them .away n chase yourselves

Him and Tav have been integral parts of the worst ever Rangers side in the top division....think about that,let it sink in.

I'd still want more than £1.5m though.

Think £3-4 million is his current value. Not his biggest fan but if our new management think they can improve him then let’s go.

IMO at least two of Wes, Tav and Windass will leave by the end of August to recoup some cash.

At a guess I reckon it's Wes and Windass. But not at £1.5m. I'd be looking for £3.5m minimum.

Every player has a price, none of us has a clue what valuation SG places on Windass. However Cardiff are doing the right thing and what you would expect Rangers to do if they were bidding for a player. You don't go in with your top offer straight away that would be bad business practise. Start low and work up to find an acceptable figure or drop out if you think the club values him too high. However, nowadays with all the media outlets, the downside for the club holding the player is that his head could be turned by speculation much more than in the past. I know all us supporters want to know everything the week before it's going to happen, but sometimes I wish transfers were only reported on when they are done, and all the backward and forward bids were secret.

I’m not Windass’ biggest fan but I’d like to see how he’d develop as a striker. He’s certainly not a midfielder, winger or creative number 10, but with he has a lot of good attributes to be very decent centre forward for us. His finishing in those Rangers TV videos is top notch.

Hope he is sold but it wont be for £1.5m, we should get more from down south. Kets hope they only watch clips of his goals and not full games.

He just signed a new contract ... i’m positive there will be s release clause in it with a specific number in it ... I hope it’s no lower than £5m

Ra Sellik's dross can't get binned for anything less than £10m .. Yet we have the same pricks telling us £1.5m.

Aye right ye are ya fucking rockets.

I’m not Windass’ biggest fan but I’d like to see how he’d develop as a striker. He’s certainly not a midfielder, winger or creative number 10, but with he has a lot of good attributes to be very decent centre forward for us. His finishing in those Rangers TV videos is top notch.
Like you I'm not a fan but your spot on as regards to seeing how he can play through the middle, I based any figures previously on what I've watched but as mentioned in other threads if Stevie can get more out of Josh then his value could soar but when as others have stated when put into comparison with Armstrong and a 7-10 million then joshs valuation shouldn't be any worse than his which btw way I think is way over inflated .

£1.5m? If he played for the scum they’d be saying he was worth £15m.

Good to see the majority on here are now understanding the value of our players. 3 months ago a lot were wanting him to be shown the door and would have taken 700k for him.

4 million minimum to open discussions
If he has a half decent season we could expect bids of 7/8 million

tumblr_muzbvxcTzC1r4gei2o1_400.gif

Only read the first page and it Seems 1.5m is not enough.. it would be amazing to see if these are the same folk who have berated the boy day in day out on here and then think in would be great if we spent 600k on a waster like Cummings.

Personally I think windass will flourish under Gerrard.

Scottish Mhedia to a tee.

Celtic getting "£10m" for Armstrong with only 12m left on his deal while we are bid £1.5m for Windarse. No bother :D

He hasn’t done it for us when it has counted imo and to me he causes us real problems in our shape. Judges purely as an individual though, he’s got attributes and potential.

The important difference with Armstrong is we have Windass on a long-term deal and Armstrong has a only a year left. Armstrong is probably the more reliable player just now but the fact we have Windass tied up combined with his potential means we shouldn’t be thinking about anything less than 6m.

1.5 m feels made up and if it’s not Cardiff are a joke.
1-0 up against the scum counted at that time... goal at pittodrie counted.

Regardless of whether he fits into our team or not he does have potential and is a good player. He's worth more than £1.5m, especially to an English team. We don't need to sell him cheap and we should be holding out for more money if we are indeed going to let him go. Perhaps Gerrard sees him as a player that he can work with as well.

If the bid from Cardiff is really then we should openly and publicly respond and say "Don't be so cheeky - if you're serious don't come back with an offensive offer".

Got to love this place. The boy gets slated constantly and called not good enough yet we're going mental at £1.5m :D

My thoughts are we should keep him unless we get a daft bid upward of £3m, but I rate him as a player.
FF all over the back

Back