The Sun...Cardiff to bid 1.5 million for Windass

Derisory offer if true.

Tell them to sling their hook and don't bother getting in touch with us again until they can start behaving like adults.

He hasn’t done it for us when it has counted imo and to me he causes us real problems in our shape. Judges purely as an individual though, he’s got attributes and potential.

The important difference with Armstrong is we have Windass on a long-term deal and Armstrong has a only a year left. Armstrong is probably the more reliable player just now but the fact we have Windass tied up combined with his potential means we shouldn’t be thinking about anything less than 6m.

1.5 m feels made up and if it’s not Cardiff are a joke.
We have no idea what shape Gerrard will be be playing nor what problems Windass will cause in there, so not sure how you come to that conclusion.

Pluses are his pace along with numerous assists and goals last season obviously. Given those proven attributes, the main problem I see is how high the fee will be from an epl team just now for such a lengthy contracted player. We need to stop under selling our assets.

£3m at least. Anyone wanting £5m plus is in fantasy land, they might be daft but they’re not that daft, if we ask for that they’ll simply walk away and we’ll be stuck with him.

no chance £5 million then we can talk
He will be sold for what ever price the board need to help get The players Stevie wants in, if it’s 1.5m allowing further players in on loan or signed then we will take the cash on offer and move on.
All this 5m before we talk is crap as we will want a fast cash turn around if anyone is to be punted

We need to wait for those more knowing on the board of his value pipe up, anything from hee haw to £500k is deemed a steal by many.

£3m at least. Anyone wanting £5m plus is in fantasy land, they might be daft but they’re not that daft, if we ask for that they’ll simply walk away and we’ll be stuck with him.

Stuck with him ?

He’s no a bag of fruit that’s gonna go off if we don’t shift him at market

I’m far from his biggest fan but he’s an asset that we should get as much value from as possible

Young goal scoring English midfielders are a flavour that won’t go out of fashion

Stuck with him ?

He’s no a bag of fruit that’s gonna go off if we don’t shift him at market

I’m far from his biggest fan but he’s an asset that we should get as much value from as possible

Young goal scoring English midfielders are a flavour that won’t go out of fashion

To me he’s one of the many players who won’t get us anywhere near a title, so in that sense, he is someone that needs replaced if we’re to make a serious push at getting back to the top.

Goalscoring midfielders might be sought after, but not with his particular tally and not in the SPL. I’ll be flabbergasted if he goes for mega bucks .

Typical, gutter Scottish press following their remit: mentally challenged player prices = HIGH, Rangers player prices = LOW.

File under bullshit, no quotes, sources or evidence. Just setting the narrative to try and devalue any potential fee we may receive if he was to leave.

The boy has bags of talent, he scored some big goals for us last season. Also have a feeling the Gaffer rates him, and has a pretty good idea on how to get the best out of him.

£5million at least

Absolutely no chance we are selling him for £1.5m. Treble that and then start talking imo. Despite the frustrations a lot of us have with him, he's a good player with a good reputation, £1.5m to a premiership side would be selling ourselves short quite considerably.

So Armstrong is £7m+ we are told.

A 26 yr old who started just 12 games for them last year with 3 goals and 5 assists and with just one year left on his contract.

Windass is £1.5m.

A 24 yr old who started 31 games for us last year with 13 goals and 6 assists and has still got three years left on his contract.

This is one area our club needs to address quite quickly , spin and perception.

He hasn’t done it for us when it has counted imo and to me he causes us real problems in our shape. Judges purely as an individual though, he’s got attributes and potential.

The important difference with Armstrong is we have Windass on a long-term deal and Armstrong has a only a year left. Armstrong is probably the more reliable player just now but the fact we have Windass tied up combined with his potential means we shouldn’t be thinking about anything less than 6m.

1.5 m feels made up and if it’s not Cardiff are a joke.
I agree with two thirds of what you said in the opening paragraph - played as an AM or a winger, in the systems we had last year did cause problems with shape, and he does have attributes and potential. I think if we play him as an out and out striker (like we did v Aberdeen when we played the diamond) and he will be a fantastic player for us.

As for not doing it when it counts (aka the third I disagree with):

Dundee (H) - 2nd Goal
Dundee (A) - Equaliser
Aberdeen (A) - 2nd Goal
Hibs (A) - Equaliser
Fraserburgh - Hat trick in cup
Partick (A) - 1st Goal
Hamilton (A) - Hat trick
Bheasts (H) - Opening goal
Hibs (A) - 5th goal

I've purposely excluded games where he has scored while we're well ahead as well as his double v Ayr. Even discount the 2 hat tricks, that's a fair few important goals - equalisers, 2nd goals, 1st goal.

Then there's assists - out of his 8, 3 of them were to put us in the lead. The other 5 were when we were already ahead.

(quiet nightshift leads me to trawling through match reports etc, which for last season was quite painful)

All the “fuuk off Cardiff” stuff is childish and shows a lack of knowledge of how these things work. They’re going in low to smoke us out and see how much we want. They’d be pretty stupid to go straight in at £5m if we only valued him at £3m. Actually, who was the player Sellik signed for £650,000 in the 90’s from Arsenal, when a fee of £50,000 had already been agree with Huddersfield?

1s point is what is the going rate in England for a relatively young English goalscoring midfielder/2nd striker?

2nd point is we know the deficiencies to his game ie heart of a mouse ... doesn't track back etc. His market value imo will reflect the 1st point rather than the 2nd

Fuckers are taking the piss. We’re sone diddy selling club that lives off the transfer proceeds FFS!

They need to be reminded what a big club really is.

That offer is disrespectful to us and the player.

All the “fuuk off Cardiff” stuff is childish and shows a lack of knowledge of how these things work. They’re going in low to smoke us out and see how much we want. They’d be pretty stupid to go straight in at £5m if we only valued him at £3m. Actually, who was the player Sellik signed for £650,000 in the 90’s from Arsenal, when a fee of £50,000 had already been agree with Huddersfield?
Martin Hayes. I remember that. He was dreadful

Martin Hayes.

You's have got that all wrong you forgot to use the dumbelli calculator, 10x 1.5 then add 10 million multiply again by 10 million divide by 2 add another 5 and finally multiply one more time by 20 there you have it 40 million dumbelli dollars .

Since when has the Sun become the bastion of truth and honesty? Only on FF ffs!

Cardiff may well be interested, as mentioned by his old man in an after dinner gig down this way - but he may well have been playing to the crowd or trying to tout him instead of the usual agent doing it.

As for any fee, there’s not one fan on here that genuinely believes he’s £4m+. Come on, we’ve seen him play ffs ;)

A club deliberately putting a low initial bid in to test the water? Where have i heard that before? I expect to see a column up by kris boyd slating cardiff within the hour

Martin Hayes

Typical low fee quoted for a Rangers player......If the same player played for the mentally challengeds, the sun would be starting the bidding at around 25 mill.

Not a fan of the player but I'm certain a bid of £1.5m would be treated with contempt.
If we could get £3m then I'd deal.

Back