The Sun...Cardiff to bid 1.5 million for Windass

We need our players who produce in the final third to stay.
The bid is well below his market value and for those posters saying take it I would be surprised if we could replace him for the same amount.
Min £3.5 Million.

So Armstrong is £7m+ we are told.

A 26 yr old who started just 12 games for them last year with 3 goals and 5 assists and with just one year left on his contract.

Windass is £1.5m.

A 24 yr old who started 31 games for us last year with 13 goals and 6 assists and has still got three years left on his contract.

This is one area our club needs to address quite quickly , spin and perception.

All that and Armstrong had only 1 year left on his contract.

Utter pish, the lot of it.

Gerrard has already told Windass that he's got a huge part to play this season and is looking for 30 goals from him playing further forward.

Windass could be a massive player for us this year, I think we may see him used up top alongside Morelos at times if we play 3 at the back

Let’s be honest, if you read some of the shit people say about him you’d think we would happily give him away.

Probably the same people demanding £8m just now.
I am the only person who quoted 8m and think he is worth more if you compare him to players in England. Windass gets far too much stick up here and I wouldn't blame if he wanted out. The kid scored and assisted a shite load last season and was our best player but still took unbelievable abuse.

Think they need to remove the decimal point then qwe might talk
The Norwich boy who wasn't a regular starter for Aberdeen whilst on loan just moved for 24m

I am the only person who quoted 8m and think he is worth more if you compare him to players in England. Windass gets far too much stick up here and I wouldn't blame if he wanted out. The kid scored and assisted a shite load last season and was our best player but still took unbelievable abuse.
Josh is a very good player when he’s interested and I think that’s what frustrates many Bears, myself included. There’s been many times he’s a missing jersey.

Does himself no favours on that twatter at times too.

If James Maddisonis worth up to £22m then Windass is surely worth a lot more than £1.5m FFS

Minimum of £5m but look at Armstrong

If he’s gone for £7m in final year then Cardiff should be told to forget it at that level

Rrmember Bears, Lawwell runs the scottish footballing media. Every figure relating to a Celtic transfer is inflated and the opposite is true for ours.

He's a master of propaganda and has been at it for years

We have no idea what shape Gerrard will be be playing nor what problems Windass will cause in there, so not sure how you come to that conclusion.

Pluses are his pace along with numerous assists and goals last season obviously. Given those proven attributes, the main problem I see is how high the fee will be from an epl team just now for such a lengthy contracted player. We need to stop under selling our assets.

I come to the conclusion from watching him play for two years. He gets lost when played either wide or as an attacking midfielder and we get outnumbered as a result.

To me, unless he’s played as a second striker in a 352 or a 442 with a narrow midfield he’ll cause us a problem in midfield.

All your other points are the very points I made in my post. Despite his obvious flaws when played as attacking midfielder his attributes and potential and the fact he is on a long contract mean we should be charging big money for him.

Anytime we talk about players values we undervalue them

Our main customers for selling players to routinely throw 5-10 mill about for players in the championship nevermind the premiership.

We should be looking 5-6 mill for starters for our players at least especially young English

Now windass is a frustrating player at times to me he is a 2nd striker running through but he scores goals he assists

we need to improve our team so unless we gave a ready made replacement for those 25-30 goals he's involved in then it's silly to sell for the small fees quoted here

Part of our model is about winning the other part is identifying these players bringing them through improving them and selling them on and keeping that cycle going so the club becomes self sufficient while still winning

We have to balance it any less than 5-6 for windass show we havnt learned anything

Goldson we havnt spent the money on him just to win the aim is win and move him back down south for healthy profit and do the same again.

Tav gets pelters is he perfect no has he improved and the answer is yea he has what skews it is that his first year was against championship players where he was fitter stronger and by some degree better than them

These are 2/3 players that if went into a team winning without all the drama would excel with better players and right mentality around them

Joke of an offer. He scored more goals than Demsmelly and GriffHIV last season.
This all day long. Windass is a good player and fantastic on his day. He's our 2nd top goalscorer from a number 10 position, he's got 3 years on his contract and hes 24. Remember Ipswich pissing themselves at the steals they got from us last year? As others have said, we say he's not for sale and if Cardiff are interested they will cime back in with a decent offer. Even then, if Gerrard says he wants to keep him, he is not for sale.

If James Maddisonis worth up to £22m then Windass is surely worth a lot more than £1.5m FFS

Minimum of £5m but look at Armstrong

If he’s gone for £7m in final year then Cardiff should be told to forget it at that level

If they got £7M for him they would not be keeping it an undisclosed fee. Its undisclosed for a reason.

Windass is a £5million player.

One of the most infuriating things is watch our own continually undervalue our players.

Don’t beleive the Scottish press.

I don't listen to the press, I make up my own mind from what I see.
In today's market £1.5m is too low,but £5m will be hard to get.
I've previously stated that I don't think he'll last under SG,so anything over £3m would, for me, represent good business.

A Premiership team bidding £1.5m for a player?! I’d expect to pay that for a programme in the Premiership.

Fuuck and go yourself Cardiff.

Rearrange rooms into a well-known phrase.

I agree with two thirds of what you said in the opening paragraph - played as an AM or a winger, in the systems we had last year did cause problems with shape, and he does have attributes and potential. I think if we play him as an out and out striker (like we did v Aberdeen when we played the diamond) and he will be a fantastic player for us.

As for not doing it when it counts (aka the third I disagree with):

Dundee (H) - 2nd Goal
Dundee (A) - Equaliser
Aberdeen (A) - 2nd Goal
Hibs (A) - Equaliser
Fraserburgh - Hat trick in cup
Partick (A) - 1st Goal
Hamilton (A) - Hat trick
Bheasts (H) - Opening goal
Hibs (A) - 5th goal

I've purposely excluded games where he has scored while we're well ahead as well as his double v Ayr. Even discount the 2 hat tricks, that's a fair few important goals - equalisers, 2nd goals, 1st goal.

Then there's assists - out of his 8, 3 of them were to put us in the lead. The other 5 were when we were already ahead.

(quiet nightshift leads me to trawling through match reports etc, which for last season was quite painful)

I completely agree that we should be thinking about him as a second striker.

I also understand the point you make about doing it when it counts given the stats you quote. I still disagree though. Apart from the 2 games v Aberdeen before Christmas ( when as you say we played the diamond) I don’t think he played well in many, if any, games v a top 6 side. He constantly got lost and we constantly got outnumbered as a result.

He is dynamic and his finishing has improved but I don’t think the 18 goals over the course of the season made up for the fact that playing him as an attacking midfielder often left us swamped.

I’d honestly take the money and run.:)
So at a time when the tramps have just sold Armstrong for circa £7m, you’d be happy selling our top goal scorer for £1.5m? This is a Cardiff team that’s just netted over £100m after being promoted and you’d sell for peanuts? Is that you Martin Bain?

Cardiff can get to %^*& and when the get there they can %^*& off from there too.
We should demand anything north of 3.5m

yes. get him so far away from our club. We won’t win the league with JW. likely fee 2 milllion plus sell ons/ appearances etc

Armstrong is a decent player, has produced and will go for the £6/7m quoted. Scottish international and lots of European experience.
Windass is regularly slaughtered on here and we think he's a dud, but people want £8m ? Scottish Daily Mail claiming we value him at £3m, with Burnley also interested. Get £4m and it's a brilliant piece of business. You'd get 2 better players from abroad for that.

seriously guys?
if we let him or tav go .who do we replace them with .you are all watching these training camp.vids and both have worked their ars3d off bigtime and clearly hear SG praising both and some want to punt them .away n chase yourselves

We should be telling clubs, that make derisory offers like that to do one.
Slap a price of £5mil, and tell them, that is the min. If you can't meet that, do your shopping elsewhere.

Windass is a striker or he’s nothing at all.

If Gerrard is thinking that way, fine - he stays and fights for a place, otherwise, sell him.

£3m sounds about right to me.

Armstrong is a decent player, has produced and will go for the £6/7m quoted. Scottish international and lots of European experience.
Windass is regularly slaughtered on here and we think he's a dud, but people want £8m ? Scottish Daily Mail claiming we value him at £3m, with Burnley also interested. Get £4m and it's a brilliant piece of business. You'd get 2 better players from abroad for that.
Armstrong passed the ball straight to an England player leading directly to their equaliser at Hampden. He was in the last year of his deal. There is zero chance they got £7m for him

We should be looking at players of a similar quality down south to value Josh against, after all Caediff would have to pay a fair price down there, so basically they can jog on, unless they really want him then talk real money.

This all day long. Windass is a good player and fantastic on his day. He's our 2nd top goalscorer from a number 10 position, he's got 3 years on his contract and hes 24. Remember Ipswich pissing themselves at the steals they got from us last year? As others have said, we say he's not for sale and if Cardiff are interested they will cime back in with a decent offer. Even then, if Gerrard says he wants to keep him, he is not for sale.
100% with you there mate!

All that and Armstrong had only 1 year left on his contract.

Utter pish, the lot of it.

Gerrard has already told Windass that he's got a huge part to play this season and is looking for 30 goals from him playing further forward.

If Gerrard can stop windass playing the invisible man then he truly will be an asset!

Back