Match Thread Aberdeen v Rangers - 13:00 Sunday 5th - Sky Sports

Best game we could have had for 1st league game. Good opposition, away from home, hostile support.
Coulibally has only played v technical opposition this season and he'll see tackles flying in and lots of aggression.
We are better than them. Last season was unusual in that we bossed them but couldn't really do it to any other good teams.
2 1 to the famous if we keep our composure.

TJ0900.jpg

I'm ready! Let's go!

the secret with the sheep, they only rise to the occasion if we put a 'tackle' in.
then that activates the crowd and shinnie miller.
coolbilly and ryan and Alfie and ???? will be a target to get a reaction.

Nerves kicked in now. I would hammer this mob today and send out a statement of intent but any win will do.

I think we are stronger, fitter, more technically and tactically sounder than last season so there should be no reason to think that we should lose. Score first I cant see them coming back unless its jammy.

Morelos booked early doors.

Either jack, coulibally or Flanagan sent off. Shinnie gets half a dozen “warnings” with no card.

Gers to win by the odd goal.

Should be long odds at the bookies but I recon it’s an absolute certainty with the Scottish officials.

I am buzzing for this. Come on Rangers put these bastards to the sword.

Gutted I will probably miss most of the match going to hospital app to get wound dressed. 3 points is all I care about but hoping for great performance and a wee 3-0.

Three points first and foremost.

However, it would be nice to make it comfortably convincing. Lay down a marker and have the rest of Scottish football worried about being in our wrath for a change!

Just a wee word of caution as I think the confidence levels in here are soaring.

We have a new team, and young players in key positions. There will be ups and downs this season, most likely we won't find a total level of consistency right away. The team will play well some games, struggle and scrap in others.

Today is one of the hardest games in the fixture list. There is no guarantee of a win.

But this manager will guarantee a fully prepared, organised team who will give no quarter and give their all.

I expect and hope we will win today. But if it is a struggle, or if we do drop any points, let's try to stay right behind Mr Gerrard who is building from a very low starting point and who is the right man.

Onwards and upwards together.

I just want a win first and foremost,if we get one with a bit of style and swagger I will be delighted!!

Very excited. Watch the referee, if ever there was a highly charged fixture at the start of a new era, this is it. I hope we are not doing the usual chat post match.

Big difference with last season is the strength on our bench - hopefully, the match will be won before that matters, but it's good to have a backup. I'll go for a 3-0 win for us.

If we score early we'll run over the top of them but I'm going for a solid 2-0 win arfield and morelos with the goals

I am a nervous wreck. Conventional wisdom suggests that as we have a better team and manager than last year, when we beat them convincingly, we should win easily. However, Dolly will be buoyed by their performances against Burnley, and will be desperate to hack us down whilst ruining SG’s first game. If we win, it will be by the odd goal on three. Buzzkill Loyal.

Last few years have left me with little faith that we won't concede.

We look much stronger in that regard, don't concede and we'll win today.

RANGERS: McGregor; Tavernier, Goldson, Katic, Flanagan; Jack, Arfield, Coulibaly; Murphy, Windass, Morelos.

SUBS: Alnwick, Halliday, Kent, Ejaria, McCrorie, Candeias, Umar

RANGERS: McGregor; Tavernier, Goldson, Katic, Flanagan; Jack, Arfield, Coulibaly; Murphy, Windass, Morelos.

SUBS: Alnwick, Halliday, Kent, Ejaria, McCrorie, Candeias, Umar.

Back