Lafferty deal close

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Lafferty is worth more to Hearts than Wallace is to Rangers. Nothing is ever mentioned of Wallace anymore & his dispute with the club continues so I think the management at Rangers would be content to see him go.

Didn't the hearing into their complaint end yesterday? Wonder when we will hear the outcome?

How much is Lee Wallace worth?

Being talked about as a wee sweetener for the deal but they still get a big fee as well.

International full back, long standing captain of a massive club, a year left on contract and similar age to Lafferty.

Surely he is worth st least 500k, if not more? In which case it should be close to a straight swap.

Not a lot when we still owe him 500,000 -600,000 worth of wages and he’s hardly played for the last 2 years .
Lafferty for 500,000 and 250,000 of a pay off for Wallace will be around what happens I would think.

How much is Lee Wallace worth?

Being talked about as a wee sweetener for the deal but they still get a big fee as well.

International full back, long standing captain of a massive club, a year left on contract and similar age to Lafferty.

Surely he is worth st least 500k, if not more? In which case it should be close to a straight swap.

Wallace is worth absolutely nothing because it’s common knowledge that his relationship with the club has completely broken down, Hearts (and everyone else) know that we will be looking to release him to get him off the wage bill as soon as possible, so he’s not going to be much of a sweetener in the Lafferty deal.

Wallace is worth absolutely nothing because it’s common knowledge that his relationship with the club has completely broken down, Hearts (and everyone else) know that we will be looking to release him to get him off the wage bill as soon as possible, so he’s not going to be much of a sweetener in the Lafferty deal.

Going by that logic, Celtic will just give Boyata a free transfer...? Everyone knows he won't play for them again.

Didn't the hearing into their complaint end yesterday? Wonder when we will hear the outcome?

Did it? News to me if it did. I think it will be one of these things we never hear the full story of. Bit like PLG & Fergie saga.

Regardless, I'd be surprised if Wallace has a future at Rangers, but stranger things have happened.

The hold up with the deal is to do with Wallace.. Waiting on a severance package from Rangers ...who in return are waiting on a judgement from Sfa over tribunal .
Lafferty wants to come, Wallace wants to go but loose ends holding it up is what I've been told ,again take that as you will, I had heard various rumours about this deal but that's the latest I've got.

The hold up with the deal is to do with Wallace.. Waiting on a severance package from Rangers ...who in return are waiting on a judgement from Sfa over tribunal .
Lafferty wants to come, Wallace wants to go but loose ends holding it up is what I've been told ,again take that as you will, I had heard various rumours about this deal but that's the latest I've got.
With me knowing hee-haw, this sounds about right to me.

There's talk Avril rates Wallace. If asked, I'm sure he'd give his best, as always, despite being ring-rusty. DB appears to have downed tools.

Hopefully this decision doesn't drag on then as it's a deal I'd like to see wrapped up sooner rather than later.

I wasn't that fussed about Lafferty but for the right price I can see why he'd be a good addition to have to the squad.

Going by that logic, Celtic will just give Boyata a free transfer...? Everyone knows he won't play for them again.

He is worth about nothing, or if you are daft enough to want him, it will have to be more than the next nearest bidder in what we can only assume is now a pretty much open auction.

Wallace won't have many suitors, and none that can afford to keep paying him as he is now.

Heard exactly this from a source close to hearts

This is spot on.

Wallace wants cash to go as he will be taking a 60% pay cut.

Makes sense to get this deal done now for the Ufa game next week, we desperately need cover.
could Lafferty play in it though (just checking ?) am not sure about Lafferty now, after tonights game we face a much easier team than the 2 we have just faced to make the Groups, there should be more £££ available now to get that younger better quality striker and CB

Is this rubbish ?
Deleted link as its not working
Pic of Laff arriving at Rosshall,completed medical and fee agreed believed to be 650k
Agent Kevin ?

Last edited:
Would rather not give our hard earned to Scottish clubs however if we do.....
Levein is acting like he’s some kind of wise old sage in this farce. He needs the Lafferty dough asap for new players especially with Berra going down. Tell him this is what we’ll pay you for Laff or we walk and sign him up at Xmas for free. Alternatively we could put in an offer for Souter and turn his head too. Tired of us getting pushed around by fuds like Craig Levein

Would rather not give our hard earned to Scottish clubs however if we do.....
Levein is acting like he’s some kind of wise old sage in this farce. He needs the Lafferty dough asap for new players especially with Berra going down. Tell him this is what we’ll pay you for Laff or we walk and sign him up at Xmas for free. Alternatively we could put in an offer for Souter and turn his head too. Tired of us getting pushed around by fuds like Craig Levein

I don't see an issue with Levein holding out for the best deal possible.

Would you sell your top scorer for £250K?

I think somewhere around £500K-£600K is a more realistic price for both parties.

I think somewhere around £500K-£600K is a more realistic price for both parties.

Exactly - self entitlement imo. We are buying one of their best players and their top scorer and they should sell him for peanuts because It’s Rangers.

He clearly values lafferty at a certain level and has pretty much stated Hearts won’t piss around if the valuation is met.

If Rangers value him lower than Hearts then walk away. I don’t blame Hearts though, it’s just a difference of valuations.

Agreed - we got £800k for a left back who was never going to get game time.

If we paid£500k for Sadiq loan, a bit more for a proven striker is a no brainier.

Bill Rock saying tomorrow will be interesting!

Genuine question. Are you Bill from Rocksport?

You post everything he says, which is 99% of the time wrong, and usually just based on stuff that's already on here. And you're the only person I've seen calling him "Bill Rock" as if it's some cool nickname (it's not).

He knows a family member of Greg Docherty and that transfer was the only time he ever had a clue about anything to do with us.

Genuine question. Are you Bill from Rocksport?

You post everything he says, which is 99% of the time wrong, and usually just based on stuff that's already on here. And you're the only person I've seen calling him "Bill Rock" as if it's some cool nickname (it's not).

He knows a family member of Greg Docherty and that transfer was the only time he ever had a clue about anything to do with us.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back