Lafferty deal close

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe cos Wallace is still waiting for his pay off. Its normal practice in exchange details that one side is done and ready but held up due to the other player.

I'm just guessing like

We shouldn’t be giving Wallace anymore than half his Salary either that or let him rot .

I only saw a bit of Gerrard's interview where he just said "You saw Craig Leveins interview yesterday so you know where we are with it"

Did he say anything else?

Just think he means that’s what Levein said, we don’t talk about other teams players , no update from us because of that. So we are in talks basically

Outwith Morelos I am not sure we have many players capable of scoring over 10 goals, Lafferty playing 20 odd games as cover for Morelos and the left attacking role probably would
15. Jeezo.

Murphy will score more than 10.
Coulibaly. Goldson. Candeias will be there abouts. Arfield. Tav. Could probably add a few more. All will hit 10 or be close.

You could probably get the majority of the SPL for that figure, you’d get someone younger with at least some sort of sell n value, We won’t get that with Laff
It’d be better to throw on an extra million and get someone younger and more prolific,
Anyway I believe hearts want 500k , not the 750 that’s been quoted on here

Like who? Who's young and got 18 goals last year and is a big game player? We need players for a title push this season, it not as if he will be our No1 striker.

Or to play off Morelos as a second striker with a winger on the other side. Like we played in the games with Windass. Hopefully there is a better striker to come in to do that (or to play central with Morelos doing going wider). Then Laff can be back up to either one.

I disagree. Windass was supposed to be part of the midfield despite playing like a second striker & was one of the reasons we were constantly overpowered in the centre. Lafferty won't be playing there.

The other option is coming off the wing, he isn't mobile enough or pacey enough to play there.

He is either a back up or plays alongside Morelos in a formation accommodating 2 strikers

Big Lafferty is no doubt as impatient as the rest of us by now.

I'm sure he will get his wish sooner rather than later though, it all seems to have been far too public not to end with the transfer happening.

Some of us can remember Allan and Walker a right feckin nightmare that was,went on forever.

Some of us can remember Allan and Walker a right feckin nightmare that was,went on forever.
Almost invariably ,when we are trying to deal with another Scottish club ,we have this long protracted process that we have to negotiate .

Thing is, even after all that ,you never know what the outcome is going to be.

Why can’t the lafferty deal take so long?
Am mean if hearts have said ryt we ll take £500k plus Wallace if he comes for free for talking sake.
Wallace won’t be easy to deal with he ll want paid up in full for his last year and maybe even want his 4 week wage fine paid bck as well for being in his opinion unfairly treated and fined for doing no wrong.
Would you b easy to deal with?
Then People can say just pay what hearts want for Lafferty but then we still have to pay Wallace off.
Imo there’s plenty of reasons for it to take a while longer.
But it will go through imo but maybe not as soon as we would like.

If only for the fact that we want him, he's desperate to come back and Levein looked consigned to losing him, I'm convinced Big Laff will be back in a blue jersey sooner rather than later!

His goals to minutes played is actually pretty decent. He’s missed a lot of time through injury in his career.

Strangely for a guy with a less than average goal return, his finishing at times is absolutely top drawer.

He has a knack of being able to pass a ball right into the side of the goal...

Strangely for a guy with a less than average goal return, his finishing at times is absolutely top drawer.

And almost inevitably in big games!

Wish they would just get it over the line.

Would help if Lafferty just put in a transfer request and got them told. If he's looking for a safe passage out of that midden he won't anyway because the moment we get him Hearts fans will turn on him. Time to get this done or move on imo.

Would help if Lafferty just put in a transfer request and got them told. If he's looking for a safe passage out of that midden he won't anyway because the moment we get him Hearts fans will turn on him. Time to get this done or move on imo.
Rumours I have heard is that Ann Budge bailed him out during his dark days at the bookies and to walk out may cost him a few bob. As I said a rumour

His goals to minutes played is actually pretty decent. He’s missed a lot of time through injury in his career.
He’s a goal for every two starts in League Cups and F.A Cups and a goal approximately every three starts in League football. Not too shabby.

Screenshot...?

mrfyoh.png

The gaffer certainly isn't saying it's a done deal, a post running from Wednesday basically saying the deal is done and we're still going. Got to love ITK posters

Possibly Hearts want to keep Lafferty for their cup game tomorrow.
Or Wallace is wanting a pay off from us, before he moves.

Used to not mind Hearts, but most of their fanbase are just as bitter as the other mob in the capital.

Hope Lafferty is at Ibrox followed by a CB very very soon

I was working in England all week with a hearts fan. Got to the Travelodge after our shift and an old guy came out the lift in one of their training tops. Mate was straight out with 'c'mon the gers' etc and wound him up to the max. Heading up in the lift he then said he 'hated the bastards'. He's in his 30's, they aint all bad mate. :)

I can see this playing out like the Walker saga... Hearts stubbornly wont budge and would rather see him move anywhere but Rangers so will dig their heels in at £750k and we wont meet it.

Yeah, I'd describe him as a scorer of great goals as opposed to a great goalscorer

15. Jeezo.

Murphy will score more than 10.
Coulibaly. Goldson. Candeias will be there abouts. Arfield. Tav. Could probably add a few more. All will hit 10 or be close.
Murphy won't score 10, coulibaly, Goldson and Candieas won't be there or there about at all, the others will chip in but we need Morelos and another striker to chip in with around 20 each.

Cant understand the hard on for KL on here. At best he will be a squad player. Happy to be proven wrong of course.

An excellent squad player for the division were in.

He’s not the same daft young man that was with us previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back