Lafferty deal close

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outwith Morelos I am not sure we have many players capable of scoring over 10 goals, Lafferty playing 20 odd games as cover for Morelos and the left attacking role probably would

Outwith Morelos I am not sure we have many players capable of scoring over 10 goals, Lafferty playing 20 odd games as cover for Morelos and the left attacking role probably would
Lafferty won't be cover for Morelos.Ffs why is people saying this. The two will play together.

Is this happening? Dragging on a good bit is it not.

How long before we say enough is enough? The longer it goes the more it feels like Hertz will cut their noses off to spite their face in the same way as they did with Jamie Walker.

Lafferty won't be cover for Morelos.Ffs why is people saying this. The two will play together.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest this is the case. It will only happen when Gerrard decides to play 3-5-2 (which is only one out of a few options). Otherwise he will be on the bench.

Tbh I doubt he is good enough to be a regular first team starter anyway but should be an ok option off the bench.

Medical has been done.

Should be announced Monday or Tuesday

Decent source, happy to share via pm

sounds like the source is Bill young mate.

If it is as I said previously on this thread his info is 50/50 I personally wouldn't take what he says as gospel.

Yup and this clouds the judgement of many on here. I watched him for a few years and at times he could not trap a bag of cement. His behaviour with Mulgrew was indefensible. I wonder if he was not a bluenose from NI if he would have such a big fan club on here. I don't think he would.

The "Halliday" effect

Kickback is hilarious reading.

So much hurt in one thread.

I love how some think we need to sell Alfredo to bring in Lafferty :D:D

I'm not sure that is true, more often than not we will play one striker and that will be morelos. Lafferty won't be out left sided attacker every game, he has three players in that position to displace already. I think he will sometimes play with Morelos but more often than not will be cover for him

There is absolutely nothing to suggest this is the case. It will only happen when Gerrard decides to play 3-5-2 (which is only one out of a few options). Otherwise he will be on the bench.

Tbh I doubt he is good enough to be a regular first team starter anyway but should be an ok option off the bench.

Or to play off Morelos as a second striker with a winger on the other side. Like we played in the games with Windass. Hopefully there is a better striker to come in to do that (or to play central with Morelos doing going wider). Then Laff can be back up to either one.

Lafferty will play on the left side of the front 3.

Why can't some people understand this? We lost goals from windass in that role which needs replaced. From what the manager said today in the presser that much seems obvious

Morelos will play more often than not, he's our best striker, he's better than Lafferty and Sadiq by a country mile.

Lafferty will play left side of the front three - and will be in competition with Kent and Murphy.

He's also an option to play through the middle when Morelos tires.

Medical has been done.

Should be announced Monday or Tuesday

Decent source, happy to share via pm
Why would we wait until he isn't available for our game on Thursday before signing him if an agreement has been made with Hearts?????

Yup and this clouds the judgement of many on here. I watched him for a few years and at times he could not trap a bag of cement. His behaviour with Mulgrew was indefensible. I wonder if he was not a bluenose from NI if he would have such a big fan club on here. I don't think he would.

F*ck off :D that was my favourite moment of his first spell with us - cheating to get a mentally challenged scumbag sent off thus helping us win a crucial game en route to the title.

Lafferty will play on the left side of the front 3.

Why can't some people understand this? We lost goals from windass in that role which needs replaced. From what the manager said today in the presser that much seems obvious

I think people understand this, you’re not on a higher intellectual level of thinking here.

Many just probably hope that he wouldn’t play wide left because:

a) We’ve already got players to play there.
b) Lafferty is a centre forward. His big performances have come as a centre forward. His goals for Hearts and NI have come as a centre forward.
c) He was never great out on the left when we had him first time round. Since then, he’s lost some of his pace and so in theory would be even less suited to play there.
d) Most of Windass’s best form and goals did not come from playing on the left of a front three.

I think people understand this, you’re not on a higher intellectual level of thinking here.

Many just probably hope that he wouldn’t play wide left because:

a) We’ve already got players to play there.
b) Lafferty is a centre forward. His big performances have come as a centre forward. His goals for Hearts and NI have come as a centre forward.
c) He was never great out on the left when we had him first time round. Since then, he’s lost some of his pace and so in theory would be even less suited to play there.
d) Most of Windass’s best form and goals did not come from playing on the left of a front three.

%^*& it then, let's not sign him. Someone call the gaffer and tell him he knows nothing about football

After what Levein said yesterday, and Gerrard today then i'll be stunned if this was true.

I only saw a bit of Gerrard's interview where he just said "You saw Craig Leveins interview yesterday so you know where we are with it"

Did he say anything else?

I grudge giving Hearts a penny, to be honest.
If they were going to the wall tomorrow and a fiver was all that was needed to save them, I would go to Tynecastle and burn the fiver in the street outside.

But there ye go.

You haven’t suggested a suitable replacement for the money either.

I grudge giving Hearts a penny, to be honest.
If they were going to the wall tomorrow and a fiver was all that was needed to save them, I would go to Tynecastle and burn the fiver in the street outside.

But there ye go.
I agree I wouldn't give any other Scottish club money especially from Edinburgh their accent does make heid in.

Not keen on Lafferty playing wide left unless it's an emergency. Would love to see him and Freddo play together in a 352, both of them would ragdoll any defence in Scotland on their day.

Do tell us then? It’s hardly big money mate...
You could probably get the majority of the SPL for that figure, you’d get someone younger with at least some sort of sell n value, We won’t get that with Laff
It’d be better to throw on an extra million and get someone younger and more prolific,
Anyway I believe hearts want 500k , not the 750 that’s been quoted on here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back