UFA potentially forfeiting Rangers tie due to Visa issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
HM Home Office making sure the team is fresh for the trip to the piggery. Thanks brothers.

You just know some of the scum will claim to know someone who works there and that this is fact :D For that reason I really hope it happens, the fall out would be immense.

Yea my thought is they only have to forfit the Ibrox game , and play the return leg with a 3-0 lead ? , sucks to be them but not our fault

As much as it'd be frustrating if the tables were turned, they knew we were potential opponents MORE than 5 working days in advance of the tie. %^*& em.

Aye. Good one.

Has a Russian team never had to travel to the UK at short notice before?

This is a non story. The chance of this coming to pass is 0..nada.

Exactly my thoughts. No chance this happens. Uefa won’t let it and will have plenty contacts to make sure it doesn’t.

But if it did bet365 better pay me on my big single

Don’t want this to be the way we progress. Football teams shouldn’t be prevented from progressing due to politics. They have got to this stage fair and square. I wouldn’t be opposed to Rangers offering up to switch the ties if it was easier for us to get visas.

FC Bheast have been in touch to offer the use of their "world class" Paperwork and Technicalities Inspection Squad.

giphy.gif

I for one hope this doesn’t happen, I don’t want any excuses to be pointed at us for making the groups.

That being said - for the first time in my short life we might be the jammy bastards for once?
UEFA have already received correspondince demanding that it is Rangers who forfeit the tie because it is the British Embassy who are causing the hold up.
The letters author, Finbar O’Declan said “it’s jist no fer that the hunz get a brek like this.”

Are we lucky then that we are at home first then as we could have faced the same problem going to Russia?
I've worked in Russia and have got visas at pretty short notice. Surely UEFA could switch the ties so that the first leg is in Russia. That would mean that we wouldn't have the journey back from Russia and the jet lag when playing the manky mob.

No chance.

The home office wouldn’t want the negative press and would further increase tensions with Russia.

I've worked in Russia and have got visas at pretty short notice. Surely UEFA could switch the ties so that the first leg is in Russia. That would mean that we wouldn't have the journey back from Russia and the jet lag when playing the manky mob.
That wouldn’t be an option due to the Mhanks playing away this week and home when we’re away.

I’m sure it will be fast tracked, would be funny as hell though if we were given a route straight through.

Last edited:
Would love this to be the case not having an away game before we play them- and a free pass into the group stage. We all know this is just fantasy stuff and they will get the visas no problem

Can't see it but would take it nevertheless. We never seem to have any luck and this would not be as a result of any complaint we had made therefore we would be blameless but lucky!

BillRocksport also confirming his Indian Spirit Guide had mentioned this ;)

In all seriousness, we are due a bit of luck after the last few years though!

This would be good for us - avoid flying to Russia 3 days before the smellies game. Or do we they just forfeit our home game?

Wonder what the club would do regarding CCCS since I like many bears already paid

Send the money back to your card / account if the game does not go ahead, obviously.

But we will play them on thursday I am sure. A few quid extra for a fast track visa will not bother them.

I thought the whole reason for doing the next round draw in advance was to give clubs a chance to get organised for travel etc for both potential opponents if they get through, there is not much time otherwise.
If they have left it this late then they have messed up. I hope Rangers had our visa’s applied for as soon as we knew they ware an option.
Hope the game goes ahead though don’t want any hand outs!

This would be a right touch imo .

A gift that we’ve earned if it comes to pass ,anyone that thinks we should go and is upset at the thought of getting a bye is simply deluded and Uber staunch to their detriment,crazy not to love the fact we wouldn’t have to go thousands of miles to play this mob before returning and facing the filth ,I for one hope luck is on our side .

No chance.

The home office wouldn’t want the negative press and would further increase tensions with Russia.
The earlier post has already cited 2 cases where Russians didnt get visas and were unable to compete in the UK. While this is much higher profile the UK is well within its rights to follow normal visa process. I would like to think we would issue visas in time but conveniently put their best players to bottom of the pile and say sorry we didnt have time to process visas for your goalie or striker ;)

Well, this is bollox. They can submit super priority visa applications which should be processed within 24 hours. Cost GBP 1,000 each, but would have thought that would be a drop in the ocean for them.
I'd reckon there is zero chance of the tie not going ahead. Just another example of our esteemed press conjouring up a story out of not a lot(although it might just be a wee bit of mind games from the Russians).I'm sure our management team will be preparing with not a single thought of it being a possibility.

Lot of shite IMO.

This is precisely why UEFA make the draws well in advance. The applications for the Russians to get visas for the UK (and Slovenia in the event maribor had won) will have been in as soon as that draw was made, just as ours for Russia would have been (don't think we'd have needed them for Luxembourg).

Don’t want this to be the way we progress. Football teams shouldn’t be prevented from progressing due to politics. They have got to this stage fair and square. I wouldn’t be opposed to Rangers offering up to switch the ties if it was easier for us to get visas.

That would result in Celtic and Rangers being at home on the same night. An impossibility.

I for one hope this doesn’t happen, I don’t want any excuses to be pointed at us for making the groups.

That being said - for the first time in my short life we might be the jammy bastards for once?

I’ll take all the excuses on the World and be asking questions of who we wrote to for loss of earnings when we miss a gate receipt of over £1m if the home leg doesn’t take place. :p

Lot of shite IMO.

This is precisely why UEFA make the draws well in advance. The applications for the Russians to get visas for the UK (and Slovenia in the event maribor had won) will have been in as soon as that draw was made, just as ours for Russia would have been (don't think we'd have needed them for Luxembourg).

Their chairman is quoted saying they’re struggling. It’s their 1st ever time playing in Europe, maybe they’ve just made an arse of it?

If true then we should offer to rearrange the fixture to play away first if the Russians offer to fastrack our visas.

I'm not a fan of benefiting from others misfortune.

.....and what a huge PR benefit that would come from it.(too late though methinks)

Compare it with the mentally challengeds 6-1 drubbing and then proudly advancing forth, only to get fucking drubbed again (at home to Maribor)

Lot of shite IMO.

You need to surrender your passport for a visa application, so they wouldn't have been able to get to Luxembourg. The article mentions they'll do it after their game tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back