UFA potentially forfeiting Rangers tie due to Visa issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
What we should do is offer to to play them away first and at home second. As long as Celtic and the team they are playing agree to switch their ties so scum are at home first. Let's see how they like being backed into a corner.

Imagine the meltdown if this came to pass!
The bheasts have no leg to stand on. They have twice legitimately lost on the field of play yet had an entirely undeserved reprieve due to administrative issues.

I know they will still moan and whinge if it were to come to pass (which it won’t) as it’s what they do best, next to abusing children. Nonetheless, Legia and Sion is the ready made put down as soon as they open their rancid mouths.

If true then we should offer to rearrange the fixture to play away first if the Russians offer to fastrack our visas.

I'm not a fan of benefiting from others misfortune.

No we shouldn't. Our fans travel from all over the place and will have made travel plans already, we shouldn't shaft our own fans to benefit them.

I've worked in Russia and have got visas at pretty short notice. Surely UEFA could switch the ties so that the first leg is in Russia. That would mean that we wouldn't have the journey back from Russia and the jet lag when playing the manky mob.

And the thousands of our fans who’ve made travel arrangements for the home leg on Thursday?

They lose out?

I
I for one hope this doesn’t happen, I don’t want any excuses to be pointed at us for making the groups.

That being said - for the first time in my short life we might be the jammy bastards for once?
I would prefer not to play them away,three days be fore we play the anti Christ.

I’d take a bye no problem but I think this is BS

The mentally challengeds have used loopholes over Sion and Legia Warsaw over past few years to sneak into CL group stages and earned a fortune on the back of red tape and beaureacratic errors

No chance the game isnt going ahead but i think it would be fantastic if we didnt have to play them and we got a bye into the groups and screw what anyone thinks .after the crap we have had to endure for last few yrs we are due a break

Maybe tie would be shifted to the weekend, meaning we would cancel the Motherwell game. A European game on a Sunday would be something different!

A cool €2.92m for getting to the group stages. Plus any money for winning the playoff.

€570k for winning a group stage game and €190k for every draw.

Obviously we’d be unlikely to win all 6 ties but that’s a lot of money on offer, before TV rights.

Nothing story I would expect, not the Russians fault that games come so fast with no time to prepare.
They could have applied as soon as the draw was made rather than waiting until they'd knocked Progress out.

Get them kicked out and let that be a lesson to Putin flying his planes in British airspace!:D

Really hope that this comes to pass, travelling half way round the world and back again on the eve of the old firm isn't ideal, but i really can't see it tbh.

I for one hope this doesn’t happen, I don’t want any excuses to be pointed at us for making the groups.

That being said - for the first time in my short life we might be the jammy bastards for once?
Are you kidding? Whilst it would be great to make it on merit, avoiding a trip to Russia would be preferable. And 2 less games to prepare for in a busy schedule.

There's quotes from the Russian clubs president.Is he in on the tango?
No. But if true, do we not think the mhedia are making too much of it? Surely paperwork issues happen all the time?

Although, Real Madrid not signing Courtois previously because their fax machine jammed seemed too far fetched as well I suppose.

We should watch interest, but fully expect the tie to go ahead.

So it sounds like they should have started the fast track process on Friday and not wait till 3-4 days before the game. I would prefer to win on the pitch but not our fault and the rest would be nice.

Almost certainly a non-story but I would 100% take it if true - arguments like 'would rather win it on the park' don't wash in this case.

Its the Russians fault if they're unable to get visas in time.

They should have applied for Slovenian and UK visas at the same time to cover all possibilities.

FWIW though they'll probably get it sorted IMO.

The Sun are reporting that Ufa may struggle to get their VISA's in time for next weeks game meaning they would have to forfeit the tie and we would get a walkthrough into the group stages.
Won't happen. Only the scum get that kind of luck in Europe!

Hahaha :D

I'll be honest, I'm more than happy for Lady Luck to do us a favour for a change. God knows that mob have had enough of it recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back