Match Thread FC Ufa 1 (1) v Rangers 1 (2) - 15:00 Thursday - Rangers TV UK & Abroad

This isn't going to be an easy game. UFA aren't just going to roll over and let us play.

They want euro games as much as us.

Not been this nervous in a long time for a game......Motherwell has to be the wake up call for everyone today.

Big games from Tav, Goldson and The Goalie today please.

Getting through today gives a massive shot in the arm going into Sunday.

My head tells me we should have just too much for them esp from set plays.....I just have this nagging doubt that out of the decent sides we’ve eliminated this lot are going to jam it for some reason.

Needs to be an aggressive Rangers performance today.......Just Do It!!!!!!

I’m driving a truck mate.

Tiredness can kill mate. I can feel a wee afternoon snooze coming on for you about 2:59pm. I think you’ll probably be good to wake up and get back on the road about 5pm but give yourself some leeway till 6pm just encase. Have a good sleep mate and make sure you park up in a safe place.

Nerves going a bit now, just hope we get over the line here.

Probably made worse by the fact I won’t see the game due to being snowed at work. Livescore Loyal.

I think it'll be a nervy game today. Ufa will come at us, guns blazing. If we keep it tight I feel we'll score and kill the game.
Come on Rangers WATP!

I'm not convinced they will. I watched their game v Progres and it was like a training match even though they had to score, and eventually did. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.

We've definitely got players who will cause them problems. I fancy us to get a goal and kill the game off.

If Ufa come out guns blazing, which I doubt they will, we hit them on the counter attack. We are absolutely devastating at times - as we've seen under Steven Gerrard.

trying to think of previous ties that we have played at bizarre times.

Dortmund 99 (3pm?) and Parma 98 (1:30pm) in the late 90s are the only two that spring to mind.

Any others?

I think it'll be a nervy game today. Ufa will come at us, guns blazing. If we keep it tight I feel we'll score and kill the game.
Come on Rangers WATP!
I think they will play exactly the same as they did at Ibrox................ as long as we do not score or there is 20 minutes or so to go.

Bad pitch and a hard team. This is our biggest test so far. If we get a strong ref then we should be ok.

Make no mistake, this will be huge win if we go through.
Not the end of the world if we dont.....and thats being realistic, not defeatist. We have exceeded expectations in getting this far.

Dortmund 99 (3pm?) and Parma 98 (1:30pm) in the late 90s are the only two that spring to mind.

Any others?

Kaiserslautern in 2000 was 3pm kick-off

all 3 were at the request of TV

Last edited:
Bad pitch and a hard team. This is our biggest test so far. If we get a strong ref then we should be ok.

Make no mistake, this will be huge win if we go through.
Not the end of the world if we dont.....and thats being realistic, not defeatist. We have exceeded expectations in getting this far.

We have.

But now we're one game away against a decent (certainly not great) opposition, it would feel like a major disappointment not to progress. I appreciate that's a little unfair on the players and the management.

I really want to be confident of this game as I know the team are capable.

But between the Motherwell game and Progres last year, I can't shift the niggling doubt.

The main comfort is I believe in our defence to not concede 3...we just really need to score.

If Ufa go a goal up then we are in real trouble. Lets hope we don't sit back and we aren't scared to have a go. We need to go and get a goal imo.

No we wont be, we get the next goal after that they then need to score another 2

Or they get the next one and we are out. If we let them go 1 up then I would say they become favourites to go through. It's not going to be an easy gajenajdnif we let them get their confidence up then I think we're in trouble.

I think we’ll sit in during the early stages, which will keep them motivated to work hard - can’t seeing us pushing too hard for an early goal.

Ultimately, it’s going to be nervy. They are a plucky team without any egos, and will being right up for this. I can see a 1-1 or a 2-1 for either side, but I think we’ll get through in the end.

Very nervous. Sunday performance has given me the fear. An early goal would be a glorious.
Agree mate. I'm pretty nervous after Sundays 2nd half display. I felt we were over our defensive problems but Sunday's given me the jitters too.
A nice quiet boring draw would be nice today, but somehow i think we are in for the usual roller coaster ride.
Anyway we just need to get through today regardless - give Stevie a wee bonus for a couple of extra signings.

Hope for the best, expect the worst. Motherwell was a wake up call, but Ufa won't bombard us with high balls.
I think we'll get a result which suits us but it will be tense.
I assume that we'll sign Worrall and Grezda so it will be a good day tomorrow. If we qualify it will be excellent.

I think Gerrard knows that sitting in and inviting them on us is only going to cause more problems for us. We've a good shape to be compact when needed but can also attack quickly with Kent and Candeias wide. Take the game to them and get an early goal to hopefully finish things off.

Any others?

Dortmund. Shocking result and performance.

Parma. Bad result after so much promise.

Kaiserslautern. Shocking performance and result.

Let’s hope we can buck the trend today!

Pretty sure we have played some Russian or Baltic nation teams at relatively early KO times and done the business. The one off game that konterman scored in for example maybe.

Dortmund. Shocking result and performance.

Parma. Bad result after so much promise.

Kaiserslautern. Shocking performance and result.

Let’s hope we can buck the trend today!

Pretty sure we have played some Russian or Baltic nation teams at relatively early KO times and done the business. The one off game that konterman scored in for example maybe.

Vladikavkaz or something similar, think we banged in 6 goals.

Back