Match Thread FC Ufa 1 (1) v Rangers 1 (2) - 15:00 Thursday - Rangers TV UK & Abroad

I've had a strong belief all along that we will go through on this one. Then again, at the start of the second half against Mudderwell I expected us to go on and seal the game. Wasn't to be. So, no idea how the last second goal has affected the team's confidence. For me, it isn't a win-win situation. We go through and it will impact on the league. We don't make it and it will improve our chances in the long term for the league, especially if the mentally challengeds go through, but harms our finances. Assuming we win or even draw tonight we have to have strength in depth for the team, 'cause right now we are still a bit light weight for all the games ahead. Just do it, 'Gers.

Already purchased the game on RTV and hoping to get away from work at 2ish after a meeting.

As a back up, does anybody know any pubs in Glasgow city centre showing the game? If so a PM would be appreciated. Just in case my meeting overruns and finishes too late for me to make it home in time for the game at 3pm.

Main concern is with the plastic pitch.
I think the 1-0 lead will still be the difference at the end of the game today.
Keep it tight at the back and we will go through.
Cmon the Gers.

Already purchased the game on RTV and hoping to get away from work at 2ish after a meeting.

As a back up, does anybody know any pubs in Glasgow city centre showing the game? If so a PM would be appreciated. Just in case my meeting overruns and finishes too late for me to make it home in time for the game at 3pm.
It’s on rtv which isn’t available for anything other than domestic use

I’m thinking we’ll go through on away goal, though they didn’t cause much problems at Ibrox, they’re confidence must come from some where, so if so I’ll go 2-1 tonight and away goal puts us through

What's the best way to get rangers TV on the phone, just use the browser or is there an app that will work better?

Hope this doesn’t go to extra time , we could be doing with a simple 90 minutes result and back home asap. That said I’m confident we’ll get a goal.

I'm sitting here at work and i feel so nervous about this game.
Its so huge for the club in the rebuilding process.
This could kick on the pland by a year.
Bricking it loyal

All purchased on RTV same as last week which was excellent quality so hope for same today. I’m going 2-0 Rangers!

But for the absolute cheating bast@rd of a referee, we would be through already and for that reason, I am nervous.

I hope I am wrong but I fear that fuucking cheating cuunt has cost us. He should never ever be allowed to referee a game ever again. He is a useless cheating bast@rd. I believe firmly the Russians got to him.

I'm pretty apprehensive about the match today. Will be having a few nerve settlers before kick off. The plastic pitch is a worry as said above but there is one positive. Alfie was brilliant on the Killie plastic last week. I put that down to his experience on them as I'm sure he played on quite a few in his time in Finland. Hopefully he can bury any chances that come his way.

Nervous about this. I'll take any result to get us through but hoping fofor a 2-0 win to take the pressure off and it would also give us a boost for sunday

If we score then we go through comfortably IMO, and I think we will score today.

We need to be better with our counter attacks and our finishing needs to be clinical for that to happen though.

Some nervous bears in here!

Motherwell are the only team to score more than 1 goal against us all season!

1 goal and we're through. I fancy us to get through and at least score 1.

Buzzing to get away from work and see this.

I'm not too nervous unusually for me. Unsure whether that's a good thing or not.

The Europa League group stages seemed unthinkable merely weeks ago. What an achievement we could have on our hands here.

Last edited:
Stomach is churning here God knows what it will be like by 3pm. C'mon bears another strong away performance should see us through.

Quite nervous about tonight. However, we are capable of getting the goal over there. We really need to make sure we're set up our regular way though defensively - can't have a performance like against Motherwell.

Quite nervous about tonight. However, we are capable of getting the goal over there. We really need to make sure we're set up our regular way though defensively - can't have a performance like against Motherwell.
you know it kicks off at 3 this afternoon

Ive enjoyed my last 7 Thursday nights pity the KO for this one is murder.

Cant/ wont get away with watching it on RTV at work but will listen on the radio.

Feeling a wee bit nervous about today but hopefully we can get a result and progress into the next stages of the competition.

I think it'll be a nervy game today. Ufa will come at us, guns blazing. If we keep it tight I feel we'll score and kill the game.
Come on Rangers WATP!

The concern is we've looked a little jaded in the past two games. We need to avoid them building any kind of momentum as they could overwhelm us.

In saying that, while UFA look a well organised team I've no idea if they have the creativity - looking at their results this season, they're not the most prolific scorers.

I think we'll go through, albeit in a nervy 1-1 draw.

Back