Match Thread Rangers v Spartak Moskva - 20:00 Thursday - BTSports

Grezda, you should have been a hero there.
A bit too predictable with our play tonight, they crowded out our wide men, we need to attack from midfield.

To those complaining about Grezda. He shouldn't have been thrown into that with no first team sharpness.
Lafferty would have scored that.
There were one or two out there who have hardly missed a game and were poor. Our captain for one. Wasted so many chances with, for him, utter shite crosses and corners, yet he kept taking them.

They had a bit of quality about them, closed us down all night so In the grand scheme of things although I'm dissapointed not to have the three points a point isn't too bad, we're still in there.

If Grezda had only a little more composure at that shot from Kent's pass we would have won and he would have been a hero.

There should be a no subs allowed rule after 80 mins. But for an injury.

No use to the player or the team getting 5 poxy mins.

Still unbeaten though, let the improvements continue.

I'd have been happy with 5 but we only got 4 minutes extra time! Those Spartak players had a game plan and they frustrated us, we should have put a chance away and took control of the group.

That said, if you offered me 5 points from the first three games in the groups, I'd have taken it!

Gutted but content at the same time, bring on the sheep!

Tav was poor going forward tonight and I think it shows just how much we rely on him in a creative/attacking sense. Defensively was actually very good tonight I thought though.

Thought Worrall was really good and Morelos played well again. It shows how far we’ve come that we are disappointed in drawing this one.

We can only blame ourselves. Our play was erratic, too often without composure. we still had chances to score, good chances, but we didn't take them. There were also moments of good play and individual skill, but we were a shadow of the team that beat Rapid. Must do better next time.

Second half was really frustrating. Getting a celik like feeling about Grezda.

I feel like he could be a flop hopefully I’m wrong but he doesn’t seem great technically he was wanting too many touches on the left.

We just look like we were tired or just couldn’t get up the gears in the second half.

Poor second half. Manager got his subs wrong again. Still undefeated though, but this group just got tighter tonight

Were in better shape than the mentally challengeds though

Last edited:
Look we played excellent in the first half and in spells in the second half we still played well and looked dangerous. We defended excellently as well.

Let's put this in some context, 2 years back this team were the champions of Russia. The Russian League is ranked 6th in the Country coefficient league. Scotland are 20th, some 27th Co-efficient points behind them. As a team they are 83rd overall, we are 221st.

something missing tonight, can't put my finger on it but we seemed to lack urgency, we looked a wee bit flat, we didn't create much either

We looked fantastic at times tonight when we pressed them high and zipped the ball at pace. Not enough clear chances created, and not clinical enough with the chances we did have.

In all, disappointed not to capitalise but content with the point as we could easily have conceded in that 2nd half.

We've come a long way to be disappointed with a draw against Spartak Moscow.

Spartak were a very decent team. We played some good stuff in patches and I think deserved to win the game.
One definate positive to take from the game was I thought we defended brilliantly.

Thought Ejaria was magnificent. Morelos really good too. Flanagan totally woeful, and Goldson poor.

We can’t lose the next tie if we want to progress out the group.

Poor 2nd half, which tbf has been unusual for us at home in Europe this season. Grezda looks short of fitness and minutes, but clear he was given the nod today ahead of Sunday.
Dilemma ahead - At moment I would start Middleton with Kent through middle.

Big Laff passes that chance into the net. In saying that, Kent surely should have taken it himself. Worrall was outstanding tonight.

Show how far we have come when we are disappointed not to have more points to date. Wont jump on the grezda waste of money brigade but will say he must be shit hot in training to jump the que and be in front of others sat on the bench.

Spartak were no mugs and they know they were in a game and to be honest they got away with one,If we play like that on Sunday we will have a cup final to look forward too.

After recent successes that's disappointing. But I look at where we are now as a whole and view it in that light.

Could have been better.

But that was not a bad result. Don't listen to any of the weakened team crap. They are decent.

Wanted more, could have had more, but not a terrible result.

They hung on,used gamesmanship and pure luck and restricted us to half Chances that we couldn't convert,the way we've done to much better teams than us in the past .
It's a gutter to draw a game we were clearly the better team but it's a positive that we played with no fear,played to win and took a point in Europe
Spartak are a good team and so are we,we're holding our own in Europe,which is nice :)

A point is ok, 3 would have been better.

The Russians came back into it in the 2nd half, there subs made a difference.

Our balls into the box from set plays has to sorted though, they are wasted opportunities.

All in all not the worst.

To those complaining about Grezda. He shouldn't have been thrown into that with no first team sharpness.
Lafferty would have scored that.
There were one or two out there who have hardly missed a game and were poor. Our captain for one. Wasted so many chances with, for him, utter shite crosses and corners, yet he kept taking them.
I agree - it was just a very, very, very poor sub. He's not ready and there were better options.

The amount of greeting is, well expected to be fair on FF. These are one of the better russian sides with bags of cash behind them so calm your tits

Back