Match Thread Spartak Moskva v Rangers - 17:55 Thursday - BT Sports

This is a very poor result and a very, very poor performance from the manager.

Threw the game away and Gerrard done nothing to change it until 10 mins to go. Very poor management. People should stop making excuses for him. He fucked it again, pure and simple.

Completely blew that. 3-2 up against that mince and we should be taking at least a point.

Yes we are happy to have qualified etc, but it doesn’t excuse the defending and general mental weakness of the side. Not good enough and we haven’t been for a while.

That's a sore one.
Take the lead three times and still lose the match.

We should really have taken more than a point off this lot over the two games.

fucking defence was shocking, absolutely snatched a defeat from the jaws of victory, as results go that is an absolute stinker and has damaged us hugely re progressing

Taking nothing from that is criminal, make no mistake they are absolutely shite and how they are now level with us in the group is incredible.

Absolutely pathetic second half.

How can someone who has achieved what Gerrard has in football be so fvcking clueless at times.

To lead three times and lose is poor by any standard. We lack game management quality on the touch lines and the team are mentally weak.

Just lost to a really poor side. Tough run in now after the first half of the group had us sitting well placed.

Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Some of our players need to take a look at themselves after that.

First time our defence has really let us down this season
That was just pure comedy
Hopefully it’s out the system now
A bit unlucky too
Go in at 4-2 and they would have been buried.
Good news is we are still in there fighting
Villareal will murder them in Spain so we just need to do the business in Vienna

Well that’s the most depressing 45 minutes of football I have seen in many a year. From looking like going in 2 goals up to that :mad:. Worst thing is the last 8 minutes after we made the subs we looked like we could score again. I fully blame the manager on this one. Had flannigan been taken off at half time we likely wouldn’t have lost the goals. Then when we did lose the goals why wait so long to bring on Grezda. Absolutely livid tonight after that! Don’t understand where the Katic complaints are - yes he was poor second half but nowhere near the worst four or five on the pitch

90 seconds of defensive madness has cost us 3 points and all 4 goals against us were avoidable... shocking

Ejaria has picked tonight to have his worst game but apart from shagger I can’t find pass marks for anyone. This is a shocking performance and the manager has to take some blame this time as well.
Katic has played a half a game. He was rotten. He kept kicking the ball the way he was facing
Flangan back in he was rotten
80 mins we are behind and he swaps left backs

Simply not the best tonight Rangers.

Yet again this team bottle it in a big moment. This team has the mentality of 5 year olds going up against 15 year olds the second there's some pressure on them. A win would have all but put this team through to the knockout stages and this team bottle being up 3 separate times and end up losing. It's actually starting to piss me off how common it's becoming. There's no real leaders on the pitch

Manager needs to take it for that.Katic has completely gone .a left back that can't run and Scott Arfield .Beaten by an absolute bad lot.

Frustrating. Really poor second half from us.

I guess we need to remember where we are, where we have been the past few years - but we should have certainly won the first tie against Moscow and deserved at least a point from the second though the defence was shambolic.

I don't understand what has happened to those players, for the first couple of months, we looked like a team going somewhere..

now we look like a team going nowhere :(

Not one of that back four would start on Sunday
That was disorganised, schoolboy, error laden defending

Not good enough from the back 4 or the manager

Been crap for a number of games now, same old rubbish creeping into our games/selections/decision making/defending/lack of midfield/lack.of winners - loser mentality.

Feel sick after that...

I am not slagging anyone regards this result..

No time for that garbage (slating players/managers ect) Mind were we where 4 years ago....

We were home and hosed when Morelos made it 4-2..

Not to be...

Let's beat Motherwell on Sunday and regroup after the international break and beat Villareal at Ibrox and get something in Vienna to go through...

That’s a really sore one to take. When scoring 3 goals away from home in Europe you should be coming away with all 3 points. Didn’t deserve anything from the game in the end with that standard of defending.

Back