Match Thread Spartak Moskva v Rangers - 17:55 Thursday - BT Sports

Very disappointing and we need to grow from this.

However complete and absolutely ridiculous over reaction on here and its getting tiresome.

It really isnt the end of the world or utter shite or other hideous descriptions. Its disappointing. We are in contention on match day 5 and have lost ONE euro game 12 this season.

Not very ruthless. As bad as the defence was tonight, we weren't giving them much protection from midfield.

Same problems with midfield as usual. Coulibaly needs a longer break. Not really turned up in weeks imo.

And McCrorie is on the bench while Coulibaly puts a performance like that in.

That was completely inept.

I have been saying for weeks he should be our DM. He was our most effective midfielder last season. People i fear have been caught up in all the supposed worldly loaness. Ross has proven himself in the league they haven't. S.G has to play him, the rest have proven they lack the physicality to be better than him. Mark my words we will start winning the midfield again when he plays.

Last edited:
Sore one that!
We do have an Achilles heal and it’s teams doing a high press on us and winning the second or third ball.
High press forces us into a mistake or to go long and the opposition then win it back or get the ball in behind / get it down and run at us and we can’t cope.
It’s a work in progress and we’re unlucky not to sneak the draw at the end.
Having said that if Alfredo's goal had not been wrongly disallowed I think we’d have been talking about a great away win.

So we're now in second place... qualification is still in our own hands then?
3rd place if the group ended tonight. Though I agree it's all to play for still.... unfortunate it's the same for the other 3 teams though

An attempt at perspective.

We picked a terrible night to give our worst defensive performance under our new manager. Scored 3 away from home to a team who were in the Champions League last season which says we can compete at this level if we can sort out the back.

5 points in a Europa League group after 4 games against teams from Spain, Russia and Austria after winning 4 qualifiers, 1 defeat in 12 Euro games.

The manager needs to get things sorted middle and defence, but sore as this is, the other game was a draw and we are still right in this.

Let's not lose the plot, even if criticism tonight is fully deserved.
Or...

We don’t ignore the following signs.
The manager cannot change a game in real time. He just waits for it to happen.
The defence is regressing on a regular basis and he has played a part in that by chopping and changing.
Our midfield is being exsposed pretty much every game now. We have NO players with real dig.

Not calling for heads but when we did change it, we suddenly went on the front foot.

Hard to take a result like that, but we were in front 3 times and couldn’t hold it. Frustrating, and it’ll take time to get over it. They didn’t beat us - we gave it away

Villarreal needed a last minute penalty to get a draw against 'the worst side we will play in Europe this season'.

Pretty pissed off at not taking something from the game, some players need to learn to clear their lines and i think subs were needed earlier. But by christ theres some over the top nonsense posted on here.

When we needed our defence to be like an iron curtain in Moscow they have been worse than a plastic curtain. Poor show but once again we suffer due to a wrong decision by the officials. We need to start getting some of these decisions going our way to balance out all the wrong ones given against us.

Flanagan at left back is a no no poor fucker gets roasted out there against anyone half decent hes like a scouse hodson.
None of the defences were any good tonight tbh. These results and performances happen the rot needs to stop come the hammer throwers sunday.

Going in at half time we should be shoring up the defence and keeping it tight. EVERY defender were rotten and feel bad for McGregor..they were absolutely rotten at the back as well.

Complete bottle-job.

5 poor performances on the bounce now with the same issues cropping up time and time again. Flanagan beaten by pace out wide causing chaos, a disorganized central defense partnership, substitutions far too late to make a difference, midfield unable to impose itself for any period of time in the game.

:rolleyes: Fuked it tonight, we genuinely threw it away!

Making the group was brilliant, everything after is a bonus but we should have won that.

We can still qualify mind you, just need a win again Rapid and draw with Villarreal.

That’s a sore one. Threw it away.
Don’t know what’s happened to our high press from the start of the season?
We just invite teams on, sit deep and concede.
That was as poor a second half performance as anything this season. Bitterly disappointing.

That's a sore one tonight for sure, defending was absolutely embarrassing.

The midfield 3 aren't good enough on the ball when we're leading to compose the game and control it.

Or...

We don’t ignore the following signs.
The manager cannot change a game in real time. He just waits for it to happen.
The defence is regressing on a regular basis and he has played a part in that by chopping and changing.
Our midfield is being exsposed pretty much every game now. We have NO players with real dig.

Not calling for heads but when we did change it, we suddenly went on the front foot.
Like it or not, Gerrard is still learning. Hes still going to need time.

Can't be doing with going in heavy on any particular player after that.

What I will say though is I will struggle to find another result in recent history that I have been more gutted about than that one tonight.

Devestated how that has went, a real downer.

Fu(king sick of these sub decisions, Gerrard keeps saying he’s learning from his mistakes but ffs he must see subs should be made at the 65 minute mark.

We have been poor the last few months and need to get real quality in the door, Spartak are not a good team, unfortunately either are we.

Feel sick after that...

I am not slagging anyone regards this result..

No time for that garbage (slating players/managers ect) Mind were we where 4 years ago....

We were home and hosed when Morelos made it 4-2..

Not to be...

Let's beat Motherwell on Sunday and regroup after the international break and beat Villareal at Ibrox and get something in Vienna to go through...

Mate critisism is due here.That second half display was a disgrace.We threw that away.So angry after that.

Why do you think this is? We're an inexperienced team unused to playing in these circumstances. 11 unbeaten in Europe, still in with a chance of qualifying and we shot ourselves in the foot against a very decent side.

Villarreal were fortunate to escape with a point against them.
Why do people keep referring to this mob as decent? They are total shite, the 3 other sides in this group have taken 3 off them, they are woeful

Big thumbs up to all who travelled all that way should have been rewarded with a win tonight need tae win last 2 games without a doubt now cmon rangers

hard one to take but I'm not sure losing 4-3 in Moscow against a team that have much more financial resources and European experience can be considered a big failure.

We are still 3 or 4 quality players away from where we need to be but overall the team deserve a huge amount of credit for going 11 games unbeaten in Europe.

It was a bizarre game, a draw would probably have been a fairer result

They are..... they are fucking rank rotten and have concedes 3 goals to each team in this group....6 at home alone
See what to do pal.. F*ck right off and watch bowls or something..

We are all hurting but slating the team is not the way to go about it.. F*ck FF!!!

An attempt at perspective.

We picked a terrible night to give our worst defensive performance under our new manager. Scored 3 away from home to a team who were in the Champions League last season which says we can compete at this level if we can sort out the back.

5 points in a Europa League group after 4 games against teams from Spain, Russia and Austria after winning 4 qualifiers, 1 defeat in 12 Euro games.

The manager needs to get things sorted middle and defence, but sore as this is, the other game was a draw and we are still right in this.

Let's not lose the plot, even if criticism tonight is fully deserved.
were still third jesus what what the f...k some people on here should be horsewhipped,yes bad result mate i agree but,still think this group will go to the wire,thats a bonus villareal drawing! cmon the gers

hard one to take but I'm not sure losing 4-3 in Moscow against a team that have much more financial resources and European experience can be considered a big failure.

We are still 3 or 4 quality players away from where we need to be but overall the team deserve a huge amount of credit for going 11 games unbeaten in Europe.

It was a bizarre game, a draw would probably have been a fairer result

We fucked it big time and no amount of sugar coating can disguise that.

Too many passengers, too many going through the motions, too much dithering and indecision.
We need two proper full backs who can defend. Ripped to shreds on the flanks yet again. Nobody attacking crosses even when they know shagger will stay on his line.
Can't defend the back post, both sides.
Concentration and organisation at the back is woefully bad and midfield players adding additional ball watching, if that's possible, makes us a defensive shambles.
Some of these look as if playing for Rangers is too much for them.
We will win nothing with that defence.

A team of bottle merchants i am sorry to say. We need a warrior and winner as captain that will not take the shit his team mates produce.

Villarreal needed a last minute penalty to get a draw against 'the worst side we will play in Europe this season'.

Pretty pissed off at not taking something from the game, some players need to learn to clear their lines and i think subs were needed earlier. But by christ theres some over the top nonsense posted on here.
If your going away to a side in crisis and lead the game 3 times, lead at half time, then somehow contrive to lose when they are clearly all over the shop there for the taking of course your due stick

Back