Match Thread Rangers v Villarreal - 20:00 Thursday - Bt Sports

Fantastic result given the circumstances. Mcgregor superb, Jack and Arfield had great games. Struggling to make a case for Flanagan, which is pretty much what we thought before the match.

Outstanding performance, review individually tomorrow. As a team that was fucking brilliant and we could have nicked it.

Needed a win

Winning 1 out of 3 home games isn't good enough. Left us with a very tough task and the game in Vienna will be the hardest of the group

But under the circumstances it was a decent result and leaves us with a chance
We’re unbeaten in three home games and we’ve just held a La Liga club despite us being down to ten men for 50 minutes. Tonight was a very good result for us.

Needed a win

Winning 1 out of 3 home games isn't good enough. Left us with a very tough task and the game in Vienna will be the hardest of the group

But under the circumstances it was a decent result and leaves us with a chance
Don't think we needed a win it just means it's all to play for in the last round

We’ve just drawn twice with the team that finished 5th in arguably the best league in the world last season.

Arguably we could have won both games, however I’d have taken it before the match tonight

Loved Middletons foul at the end there. Girfuy.
Proud of them, our passing and possession was dire, but we could have scored 3 or 4, we defended brilliantly when it came down to it, (they didn't score) and the sending off made all the difference for villareal.

Fortunately for Gerrard we'll never know if subbing earlier would have made a difference. Thankfully we survived.

Fantastic gutsy effort. Shagger was phenomenal. I’ve been following Rangers for 32 years and can’t remember a season where we’ve had so many outrageous refereeing decisions against us. We did great to get a point from that.

Villarreal will go all out to beat Spartak now, not just to qualify but to avoid big teams by finishing 1st.

One of worst officials I've ever seen. All over the place. Prime candidate for a job with the SFA.

Him aside and given the circumstances, a tremendous result. All we need to do now is beat Rapid again. In some sort of way it's clear for us. Hopefully rapid go cautious and sit on due to only needing a draw.

One fuck-up is understandable, two or three is suspicious, half a dozen, all against the same team? That is Scottish refereeing level - a new standard in cheating / incompetence.

The atmosphere, the unity on the pitch and some warrior performances! Brilliant from everyone inside Ibrox tonight, with exception of the referee and his team, they were bastards!

It's a long while (well at least a couple o' weeks) since I've seen as bad a ref as that! Honkin'

Back