Match Thread Rangers v Villarreal - 20:00 Thursday - Bt Sports

Needed a win

Winning 1 out of 3 home games isn't good enough. Left us with a very tough task and the game in Vienna will be the hardest of the group

But under the circumstances it was a decent result and leaves us with a chance

I think you'd be hard pushed to find ANYONE but yourself that thought this would be the hardest game in this group.

at the start I would've ranked them easiest to hardest.....

1. Rapid (h)
2. Spartak (h)
3. Rapid (a)
4. Villareal (h)
5. Spartak (a)
6. Villareal (a)

Not in a hundred scenarios would I put Rapid away as the hardest in the group

Outstanding considering the circumstances and even more impressive was we were still trying to win it for all there domination I wouldn't say we were clinging on for dear life like we were against ufa. On to Saturday now lift it again with another big performance and three points

Different team in Vienna, Ryan back, Borna back, Ovie playing. We got a chance. Well played the Glorious Ten.

I thought Flanagan improved at ten men.

I'm not going to slag anyone. Ref was another joke. Pretty much every game now. No wonder TV evidence is getting used more. Theres got to be a reason refs are so bad now. Speed of the game?

Remember the qualifiers, the uncertainty about making the group stage?

We'll get out of this group, a performance like that against Vienna and we'll be in the knockout rounds!

Bob I thought Osijek was 50/50. This is just a great big free roller coaster ride for us.
I’m just sick about Moscow. Again a wrong decision or we would be 13 unbeaten. A Scottish record by a mile :(

What's going on with Hartson??

Candeias shouldn't have been sent off and their captain should.... according to him.

Under instruction from BT to be neutral or lose his gig??

Didn't realise the guy who bodychecked Flanagan was the one booked for taking out Morelos. Perfect chance to even up his mistake not taken by a shitebag ref.

Bob I thought Osijek was 50/50. This is just a great big free roller coaster ride for us.
I’m just sick about Moscow. Again a wrong decision or we would be 13 unbeaten. A Scottish record by a mile :(

I remember mate, I'm confident about the last group game and I'm looking forward to it!

This team have lit Ibrox up tonight and they look like winning something!

so proud of the team tonight reminds me of sir walters run to Manchester digging out results when most teams would have folded, SG has installed a real fighting spirit in this team

Stop n think for a minute mate. Think back to July. If you had been offered second in league with chance to go top, destiny in our own hands in Euro Group going into last game despite some horrendous officiating. Would you have taken that ?

We are still a phase one work in progress mate.
I'd say its what's expected of Rangers to be challenging for the league and challenging in the Europa, I'd call it normal service has resumed

Folk moaning ffs !!

If we are allowed to play the 90 with 11 men then we beat them. We more than matched them.

If Rangers claim mistaken identity (if we can) and get Candeias red rescinded. Would Uefa be able to book Morelos and hevwould miss nextbgame?

Back