Match Thread Dundee v Rangers - 13:30 Sunday - Sky Sports

Pathetic from the linesman - absolutely pathetic. VAR is the only answer to that level of incompetence (or cheating).

Jack can be classed as unlucky to be booked though it would have looked like a tug of the jersey to the ref.

Grezda wasn't fouled.

Stonewall red card.

Lafferty was behind the ball but closer to the goal than the second last defender. The ball was played forward so I think, by the laws of the game he is offside. (Fair chance I am wrong however)

Go and have a lie down mate. The ball has to be played forward to the guy in the offside position. Lafferty was behind the ball.

Are you an SFA linesman by any chance?

I actually think we’ve played some nice stuff going forward, but it looks like I’m in the minority.

I agree but the defending has compromised the performance and has us all on edge and that takes folk eyes off the good work done in the final third imo.

Robbed by an inept//corrupt linesman.. Twice clearly onside but he flags off.. What chance do we have???

By feck, any Rangers fan has a bloody cheek moaning about today's goal after Morelos's offside goal last week. Each and every side suffers each and every week because of poor refereeing decisions.

On first viewing I thought it was a yellow.

Seeing it back it’s a stonewall red card. No argument.

Kris Commons it’s right, it’s a potential ankle breaker.

Shockingly poor at the back today, even with the numerical advantage we look shaky. Linesman is an absolute vegetable. We need a quality commanding midfielder with a bit of ability in the middle of the park so badly it hurts.

That’s rugby. You’re wrong. Fact

Nope, you are wrong FACT!

I referee both Football and Rugby Union.

Rugby: Ball direction in rugby has no impact on someone being offside.

Football: If the ball is travelling backwards, you are behind the game line and therefore on side, regardless of how many opposing players are between you and the goal line.

I think our manager has to start making an example of players when, despite his warnings, they still act like idiots. That stupid wee kick from Lafferty demonstrates that he has zero respect for the manager, the Club or the supporters. Fine them, drop them and if they don’t learn, show them the door.
He is the same player that left us all those years ago.
Let that sink in...........

Nobody providing a threat from midfield. Same depressing 45 without registering any real danger to their goal.

Midfield: side to side, back, down the wing, useless cross, repeat ad nauseum.

SAME
FUCKÎNG
STORY

I cant understand how a team managed by Steven Gerrard and Gary Mcallister can lack any punch from midfield. It’s baffling.

Spot on mate.

I think the problem is though no combination of our current midfielders is good enough. It is the weakest part of the squad by a distance.

Though the way we are defending of late the gap might be closing with the defence.

We haven't played well but should be winning. Our form is poor. No idea why.

Need better second half. I was hoping we'd keep up with the scums goal difference, now I just want three points.

Don’t know where your coming from here.
We’ve done what we should, we scored a perfectly legitimate goal, a goal that may well have knocked them out and allowed us to do all the other things you’re asking for.
Playing against ten isn’t always easy as we have shown this season.

They haven’t sat in they are still attacking us with ten men and we should be destroying them with the amount of space we have.

If ever we needed proof that the majority of football fans don't have a clue about football, it's the fact that there are so many on here that don't know the offside rule.
Yep the whole scoring from a pass played by a player further forward than the striker seems beyond some.

Neil stint as a manager has brought out the mentally challenged in him

No, He calls it as he sees it. It wouldn't have been a red when he was playing. The laws you are goerned by as a player shape your view of the game even after the laws have evolved or changed.

Go and have a lie down mate. The ball has to be played forward to the guy in the offside position. Lafferty was behind the ball.

Are you an SFA linesman by any chance?
Ball can be played back and a forward in an offside position could retreat and pick it up.

Only thing that matters is the players position when the ball is played regardless of direction.

Another shit performance ,there is absolutely no fluidity or tempo in our teams whatsoever.Everything is a grind and no matter who comes in it makes no difference at all
And these are the nuts I talk about. All Rangers, fluke goal, great equalizer and a terrific Lafferty strike unfairly ruled offside by an incompetent cheat.

By feck, any Rangers fan has a bloody cheek moaning about today's goal after Morelos's offside goal last week. Each and every side suffers each and every week because of poor refereeing decisions.
Don’t let that get in the way of a rant about refereeing conspiracies!
It was a shocker but we should still have more than enough to beat Dundee who are down to 10, my main worry is our bombscare of a defence doesn’t let Kenny in for another one

I actually think we’ve played some nice stuff going forward, but it looks like I’m in the minority.

I agree. This is not a St Mirren or a Hamilton away performance. We're moving the ball well and creating opportunities. We'll get a 2nd if Dundee continue to play as open. It'll be interesting to see if they tighten up and look to sit in.

Worral and Goldson, though, are playing poorly. The defence looks shaky.

Think I was too busy wondering if the tackle was in or out the box to pay attention to the actual tackle. The Red surprised me, but looking now it was an ankle breaker and clear sending off.

Nope, you are wrong FACT!

I referee both Football and Rugby Union.

Rugby: Ball direction in rugby has no impact on someone being offside.

Football: If the ball is travelling backwards, you are behind the game line and therefore on side, regardless of how many opposing players are between you and the goal line.

Mate. In football you well know then that the direction of the ball is irrelevant and a forward pass is not required to make a player offside, it is based on his position in relation to the opponents, goal line and ball.

We are going to take this lot to the cleaners second half. Some amount of drama queens on here.

We better cause we were poor in the first half.

Nothing but a comfortable win is acceptable against a poor Dundee with 10 men.

Quick goal and we can kick-on to look to be top on goal difference by end of game. But then again I predicted we would hump sheep shaggers 4-0 doh

What was wrong with the old offside rule, that there had to be two opposition players between you and the goal when the ball was last played?
About creating goals surely - this is a perfect example - Lafferty reacts quicker than the defence so why should this be offside - anyway, not important what the rule was of should be rather what it is - linesman fucked it

After last Wednesday and today's first 45 all I can say is we are bloody dreadful. Our central defenders are a combined bombscare, our midfield are slow and seem unwilling to play a forward pass.

Well apparently these things even themselves out over the course of the season.

By my reckoning we are still owed a few.

Back