Limmy. Yay or Nay?

Ayrshire Bear

Incredibly late, I have just watched through all the episodes of The Limmy Show for the first time.

Raging I missed these first time round. Falcon hoof sketches are genius along with DeeDee and Jacqueline McCafferty

hmmm...mostly yay.... but by %^*& a lot of his stuff just goes woosh.

Falconhoof and DeeDee are class :)

Nay.

Student/stoner patter or for 'the quirky'. The man is obviously pretty clever but 90% of his stuff is absolute garbage.

I wasn't sure initially but grew into liking him.

I went to his book reading at Oran Mor and it was really funny

To be honest I like Limmy, some dark stuff he comes out with and some ridiculous nonsense, I like a lot of his improve, just nonsense ramblings , but quite funny .

Limmy-

OUs7Rz.gif

When it's funny, pretty much the characters the OP listed - Falconhoof, Dee Dee and Jacqueline McCafferty - it's brilliant.

The other 70% of the time, it's painfully unfunny.

What I would say though is check out his World Of Glasgow podcasts on YouTube which predated the TV show.

They're superb, especially the one with Phil, the sleazy English guy and the handicapped kid, and also Benjamin and the DIY Botox episode.

Both genius.

When it's funny, pretty much the characters the OP listed - Falconhoof, Dee Dee and Jacqueline McCafferty - it's brilliant.

The other 70% of the time, it's painfully unfunny.

What I would say though is check out his World Of Glasgow podcasts on YouTube which predated the TV show.

They're superb, especially the one with Phil, the sleazy English guy and the handicapped kid, and also Benjamin and the DIY Botox episode.

Both genius.

Exactly, his podcasts were much better than the TV show

Worst paedo ever sketches on YouTube are amazing. Following the midget about

"I'm 38 mate I've got weans of my own! "

I like him but as has been said his sketches can be hit and miss. His deedee and falconhoof sketches crack me up.

Generally not my cup of tea, but he's done a few decent sketches that raised a chuckle

He used to be funny until he disappeared up his own arse.

Chocolate choux. Danone. Yoker.

Last edited:
Stopped paying attention to him after he was ripping the arse out of the Progres result, for somebody who says he doesn't care about football he certainly hates us.
Too focused on pleasing his wanky student following who are the ones paying his mortgage at the end of the day.

Some of the Falconhoof sketches were funny.

Other than that I think he is massively overrated and seemed to gain his popularity through the social media sheep. à la Nandos.

I only just watched it recently on Netflix. Mostly rubbish but the odd really funny bit. Don't know why I found it so funny but this sketch cracked me up.

Funny 15% of the time, unfunny the other 85%

His World of Glasgow podcast was great. Can't find it anywhere though.

To be fair, 15% hit rate is better than average.

Back