Match Thread Rangers v Hamilton - 15:00 Sunday - RangersTV.tv

Playing a bit too slow across the back today- need to get it forward a bit quicker.
Other than Morelos for Lafferty I reckon this is our strongest 11

What’s amazing is that we’re apprently ‘forced’ to play the loan players yet we’ve sent Sadiq/Ejaira home and Coulibaly/Worrall are on the bench.

Poor @CaptainObjective will be frantically scribbling on his chalk board to try and keep his bullshït alive

We both know Ejaria would be playing if he fancied playing for us. If you think we have seen the last of Coulibaly and Worrall your delusional.

1-0 up against a tight-marking defence. That's the positive. I'm concerned that many in the team find it difficult to trap a ball then run with it. Even a simple pass is more often than not, overhit. What do they practice during the week? The only way we are going to get another goal is to keep it on the deck and pass it at speed, then shoot. All the balls into the box, including the high number of corners, are being headed away out of danger by Hamilton. Surely the gaffer has to tell the team to keep it more on the ground and use Barisic and Grezda more on the left, as that is where our goal came from. We have to get 3 points today. Absolute must.

We need to have an alternative to getting it wide and putting in hopeful crosses.
That's the only thing that bothered me we never seen to go through the middle of teams jack always giving to sideways doesn't help if he's playing alongside another dm he should be getting told to drive through the middle with it at times

That league cup final was my first mentally challenged game, and first game I was allowed to on my own without my Dad. It was an adventure.

Ponderous and lacking flair. There was a time when I would sit up in anticipation when we got a corner or wide free kick.
Now it's just .....meh....
Still too many unforced errors, but are well on top, so we should kick on now.
Oh for someone who can drive into the box instead of continually and predictably working it wide.

It’s been comfortable but need another goal. We don’t seem to have a drive
Well, after a bright first ten minutes, it’s more of the same. We are so predictable. On top of that we had fifteen corners with very little threat, one good opportunity. That kind of performance might get us by Hamilton but it won’t get us past Hibs.

Dominating the game in terms of possession but we really need someone / something to add some dynamism to our performance.
We need drive from the middle of the park, the ball goes from side to side, that drive and running at defenders from the middle is not there.

Be interesting to see what they give the gate as, no way is there more than 45,000 there today.

I booted into Windows with Chrome and it is working, though the bitrate selector is still not there.
Need to do more investigation, but it's looking like there may be some changes that are Windows only compatible and don't work with Linux or OSX.

I love it when you talk dirty!

Is Linux the wee guy in the Snoopy cartoons?

Decent first half.

Much more balance to the side with Barisic on the left. However still think we pump far too many crosses into the box rather than occassionally cutting inside to run at the defence.

We do look a bit toothless up top in the central positions though.

Great start to the first half; hope the second period is a copy!
Dominant here just need to convert into goals please.

Plenty of corners, but as a whole we're a wee bit flat. Still, I'm confident we can take advantage of the result earlier today.

Hope we come out and try and kill it. Hamilton will be more than happy to keep it tight and try and snatch a draw

At the game and it's painfully obvious we've not had a word with the centre halfs about carrying the ball out, taking 5 touches before passing it square. Either zip it quick or hold onto it and carry it or be more positive in the pass. If you come forward they have to close and you can play it around them. Really basic.

Getting away with it against an absolutely hideous Hamilton side but it must be better going forward. Watching them mince onto the ball, drag it forward then pass square is chronic.

That all being said we've been unlucky with a lot of goalmouth action. Let's get it done second half - top of the league!

Borna Barisic is fucking sexy. Would defo let him shag me and my Mrs.

Let him score first mate., please and then I will pass on to him your kind offer.

This is one of those games when Hamilton could try a shot from the halfway line, would hit the ref,then the corner flag, bounce off a passing seagull and trickle over the line.....We need another one.

Some were moaning we had two DM playing without thinking. We only have Arfield who isn't a defensive minded midfielder.

We both know Ejaria would be playing if he fancied playing for us. If you think we have seen the last of Coulibaly and Worrall your delusional.

Weren't you convinced Worrall was going to start in Vienna? Maybe his Euro minutes have been satisfied.

They're still part of the squad so will undoubtedly feature. I'd imagine we'll bring in a loan signing during January.

Back