Match Thread St Johnstone v Rangers - 12:15 Sunday - BTSports

I think it'll be a tense,nervy affair today with Rangers winning by the odd goal.I'd love us to replicate the performance against the spoon burners midweek and convert 1 in 3 chances for a comfortable 5-0 win.:D

We played Hamilton and St Mirren away, were absolutely honking, created little but ground out 3pts on each game. The quotes on here we’re “not good enough etc”

We play well at Hibs but draw 0-0 and some of the quotes on here are “best away performance of the season... play like that and we’ll smash teams”

I know what I’d rather today!

3pts please, in any flavour that they come.

I am not going to be able to watch the game (Christmas / family nonsense). Can anyone recommend a decent website for text commentary? The BBC website is brutal, in keeping with all things BBC, as we all well know. Thanks.

I am not going to be able to watch the game (Christmas / family nonsense). Can anyone recommend a decent website for text commentary? The BBC website is brutal, in keeping with all things BBC, as we all well know. Thanks.

What about the sky sports football score centre App, that has commentary.

Reactions: ald
This game is the one we haven't been talking about in amongst the end 2018 fixtures, but make no mistake this is a tough game. They went to Aberdeen a couple weeks ago and won.

I would bite your hand off for a jammy 1-0 win right now.

Wed 5 Dec
St Johnstone 2 - Heart of Midlothian 2
Sat 8th Dec
Aberdeen 0 - St Johnstone 2
Sat 15th Dec
St Johnstone 1 - Motherwell 2

November
They have also beaten Hibs away and drawn with Kilmarnock at home

Overall they have won 8 games and drawn 4, lost 5

They are on 28 points the same as Hibs. 1 point behind Livingston and 2 behind Hearts.

They are the only team to take points off Aberdeen since the 5th December

Once you take into account that all the diddy teams up their game against us this could be a tricky game.

Perhaps a closer game than we would like it to be.

Head says - St Johnstone 1 - Rangers 2
Heart says - St Johnstone 0 - Rangers 4

I`m really concerned about this game. I`m worried that our recent inability to convert dominance into goals begins to erode our confidence, if that hasn`t already happened.

We are all like Mr Jelly on here. Simply put if we don’t win today we don’t deserve to be pushing for top of the league and accept we could be 3rd again come the end of the season.

I want a reaction from the failure and annoyance to not take three points on Wednesday.

And some continuity in line up where possible shows on the pitch.

Same team but if Arfield is injured we slot mccrorie in again and push Coulibaly forward like the second half versus hibs.

Barisic giving us great balance and an early goal leading to a straight forward win.

Come on to **** Rangers.

Nothing less than 3 points required.

Carry Wednesdays performance levels into today and I'm confident we'll win.

This week makes or breaks our season in my opinion.

Wednesday was a great performance but we need substance rather than style as this run of games before New Year will tell us a lot about our aspirations.

I'm going 3-0 Rangers, Morelos double and Lafferty off the bench

Come on to **** Rangers.

Nothing less than 3 points required.

Carry Wednesdays performance levels into today and I'm confident we'll win.

This week makes or breaks our season in my opinion.

I think I have said that every game in December to lol , but I agree they have created a small gap and have a game in hand , so today a win is paramount , or there quite simply hasn’t been a challenge .

Play like we did on Wed v Hivs and take our chances we will win

Watched the Hivs again and we had some superb play and chances to win 3 or 4 but didnt convert the chances

Need the 3 points so team has to go out and get the job done

We played Hamilton and St Mirren away, were absolutely honking, created little but ground out 3pts on each game. The quotes on here we’re “not good enough etc”

We play well at Hibs but draw 0-0 and some of the quotes on here are “best away performance of the season... play like that and we’ll smash teams”

I know what I’d rather today!

3pts please, in any flavour that they come.
Absolutely, and, until we have judges giving points for degree of difficulty or artistic impression, it’ll always be this.
Win first, nice stuff and great performance, not essential.

Ok guys no f ucking around today, give us a well deserved victory, Alfie hatrick, you heard it here first;)

We're due giving someone a tanking, a game where everything clicks so I'd take a 1-0and keep the battering for next week ;). St johnston are no mugs and I hope aren't taken lightly .

Massive game today, we can't afford anything other than 3 points.looking or they same temp as mid-week. Happily leave with a 1-0 though.

Back