Football computer games of old

International Superstar soccer Deluxe for SNES. You could do keepy uppy if you got the first flick right. It was the precursor to ISS Pro, but I couldn't get on with that due to the power bar!

SWOS on the amiga, can't beat passing it back so the keeper can try and dribble past the entire team and score a screamer

What was the manager game on the pc that you could build a stadium and shops and bet on your team and bribe refs lol it wasn't the most in depth but it was fun.

cant remember the game but remember the cheat which gave power shots 'three shredded wheat'... on the mega drive?

Treble Champions & Gary Lineker's Superstar Soccer on C64, Sierra Soccer & SWOS on Amiga, CM 01/02. Can't stand FIFA anymore.

Was there a Champ man Italia league version years ago?

Yes, I'd go round to my mates on a Friday during the winter and spend the entire weekend there playing Italia. I'd be Juventus and he'd be Inter and when we played each other we'd pretend to be fans at the segregation and have a punch up when the other team scored. :D

Sensible soccer and championship manager were the best.

Also remember Ultimate Soccer Manager where you were like the chairman and manager rolled into one and you built up the stadium, shops, burger stalls to boost match day revenue and could even offer bungs in the transfer market!

Had Dover Athletic playing in a 40,000 seater in the premiership, good times.

Also remember Ultimate Soccer Manager where you were like the chairman and manager rolled into one and you built up the stadium, shops, burger stalls to boost match day revenue and could even offer bungs in the transfer market!

Sounds very much like the way premier manager and premier manager 2 were.

The thing I remember about PM was you could change the players names, so I had Romario and Bebeto playing for Bromsgrove Rovers.

This was the game that got me into Pro Evo. Been Pro Evo ever since.

250px-ISS_Pro_Evolution_2.jpg

That's it ultimate soccer manager what a game that was.

Loved world cup italia 90 on the megadrive.

Also had a Pele game which was completely impossible to score from open play.....you had to wait to pounce on a keepers throw out?? Wasted feck knows how many hours on it...

I used to have a spectrum game called "Peter Shilton's Handball Maradona" which was pretty random. Best football game ever is SWOS, followed by Man Utd Europe on the Amiga. I remember sitting for ages editing all the names to Rangers players.

Earliest one i can recall was 1st Division Manager on the Commodore64. Played Kickoff until the mighty Sensible soccer came out. Loaded Sensi via an Amiga emulator recently and ended up playing it for months. Great memories.

I rem the rangers club game Ibrox looked excellent in it at time Ibrox really should be in FIFA its such an iconic n dam fine looking stadium.

This was the game that got me into Pro Evo. Been Pro Evo ever since.

250px-ISS_Pro_Evolution_2.jpg
I used to skip school to sit in my room playing this (forging sick notes from my mum). Think this was the first or second one with master league in it. I was playing this at the time news of Sep 11 attacks came in on the radio. Remember it so well.

Didn't pass advanced higher maths but I'm brilliant at PES now.

Does anybody remember " Football director " from around 86? I spent hours and days on that game. Loved it, honourable mention to tracksuit manager and of course cm 01-02.

Happy days .

Reactions: NSB
I liked the original Football Manager on the Spectrum.

Downloaded it from the App Store recently and didn't realise how crap it is but at the time I thought it was amazing.

That's the one that springs to mind.
I remember changing the team names to districts in Glasgow.
The tension waiting for the results to come through :D
I managed to win the cup once.

Matchday 2 was amazing at the time, played it constantly, also liked super soccer on the snes

FIFA RTWC98 was the first game we got on the PS1 I think, me & my brother would play it non stop (me winning obv).

ISS 98 was superb as well.

Does anybody remember " Football director " from around 86? I spent hours and days on that game. Loved it, honourable mention to tracksuit manager and of course cm 01-02.

Happy days .

I have that on my PC, run it using a C64 emulator.

This is football had to be the worse game ever. Red card football was well different. Best Fifa for me was 98

International Superstar Soccer on the N64. Still playable today. Total arcade gameplay.

Loved the free kick system in Fifa 2003 which gave you greater control over where exactly on the ball you hit. Need to bring that back.

Forgot about dino dini's goal on the amiga
I got to play a game against the great man himself and won easily!

Back