Pedro Has Gone In On The Players

Is it possible that saying the players embarrassed themselves yesterday isn't actually "throwing them under the bus" and furthermore, then saying he wants them to go out and put things right not exactly what he should do?

Here's a piece of kitchen towel, now go and mop up your slavers
That is pretty embarrassing in itself to be honest.

Yes but it wasn't just them was it? Who moved Windass to #10? Who used long ball tactics all day? Who got sent to stand?

No your right the manager has to take his share of responsibility but he was not solely to blame. The long balls to nemane were baffling but the midfield were hardly crying for the ball we’re they?. Dorrans in particular posted missing and windass lacks the winning mentality to be a success at rangers.

The guy is correct

Our players shrunk to midgets when they went behind

Cowards the lot of the bar Morelos

They should be ashamed

Also windass missed 4 great chances we should have been out of sight

Who is the guy who continually picks Windass?

He can't see what the rest of the population can.

Can’t be arsed with another drama playing out at Ibrox.

Pedro’s statements are becoming more bizarre.

Over to you Mr King....

Pedro Caixinha says Rangers players "embarrassed" him and club yesterday.

He continued to say... it doesn't look like the players are mentally tough enough. Told the players they embarrassed the club after sf loss.

Taken from his presser this afternoon.

I am guessing the post-match meeting this morning went well then o_O

I think there are some decent players in the squad, and Pedro’s recruitment has been one of the most positive things about his time in charge.

The organisation of those players, man management, tactics, and management of in match situations has been a shambles.

Yes but it wasn't just them was it? Who moved Windass to #10? Who used long ball tactics all day? Who got sent to stand?

At the risk of derailing the thread Windass started on the left, was switched to the right in the first half before being fired through the middle to accommodate the sub in the second. He's neither a winger not a centre. I have no idea what he is in all honesty.

Not enough? - how's about a beach towel?
Youre-Hard.jpg.f09c426dff9ef877c053285d8dfdb51d.jpg

As above I can now guess who the players are blaming both to each other and to their 'ears' in the press etc. No way will they say "Aye, he's right, we're a disgrace....".

That is pretty embarrassing in itself to be honest.

It really is. This thread is your wishful thinking going into overdrive with at least two highly dubious statements made highlighting your creepy eagerness to view everything in as negative light as possible.

There's no shortage of criticism of the manager and it might well be going south for him, but it really doesn't need you twisting things out of all proportion.

Now, up you get from the computer, sweep up those biscuit crumbs from the keyboard, out yer pyjamas, open the curtains, maybe crack the window and let some fresh air in...

Sky just had their reporter live from the training ground.

• lengthy press conference
  • Just Pedro, no player was put forward.
  • Said players embarrassed him, the club and the fans.
  • Same team will start on Wednesday if all fit to put it right.
  • Questioned Scottish football and it's mentality.

Will we actually see an unedited version of the conference today? Would be interesting to hear exactly what he says before and after he said the players 'embarrassed', find out the full context before we can really judge what he said. As we all know the media pundits don't like saying exactly what he meant.

Ive no problem with him calling out the players. If the sensitive souls cant take a bit of criticism after that shit show yesterday they can do one as well.

Everything you say re Windass is correct however even with him in the team I'd still expect us to have enough to beat Motherwell.

Apart from Moult, who would get in our team from them?
cadden for windass thats it

This thread is going sharply downhill from a fairly uninspiring start...

Here's the crux though, I don't see any real controversy in a manager giving a candid and accurate review of the team after a defeat. Let's also acknowledge that post-match he also took full responsibility as manager for the result, so has hardly thrown the players under the bus. He's acknowledged that collectively it was a failure.

He is prepared to give the same players the chance to redeem themselves on Wednesday night. That may not go down well with supporters who want changes made, but it is also a firm showing that he believes they are capable enough to deliver.

Unfortunately overall, Pedro has a poor record with us. There's not a great deal of evidence to pin hopes of real progression on. If this was a blip in a run of good results, his words would not be getting dramatised as much as they are right now.

The bigger question for me is whether the players agree with him or not. I suspect they probably do.

Is it possible that saying the players embarrassed themselves yesterday isn't actually "throwing them under the bus" and furthermore, then saying he wants them to go out and put things right not exactly what he should do?

Here's a piece of kitchen towel, now go and mop up your slavers

Now that all sounds too much like common sense.

Pedro needs to take responsibility himself, he has now
  • Lost 2 semi finals by 2-0
  • Recorded the worst home defeat by the filth
  • Lost to the sheep at Ibrox for the first time since ?1992
  • Failed every time we meet one of the "better teams"
  • Got knocked out of the UEFA in the first round by a bunch of no hopers, our worst ever European result.
  • Failed to muster 3 consecutive wins
  • Spent around £4m on Pena and Hererra, one who looks like he has never seen a football, and the other cant even get a game
You cant just blame the players Pedro.
Did you not see the interview yesterday where he accepted responsibility?

perhaps people might expect me to say this but I don't see a lot wrong with that. The players will have said similar things (Alnwick certainly did after the game) and telling them all, as a group, they failed yesterday isn't "throwing them under the bus". If he said it about individuals, that's a different matter.

Unfortunately though, the die is being cast on Pedro. He's a story now and blood is in the water. I can't honestly say that isn't partially his own fault.

Notice how the reporter picks up on it straight away and frames the narrative "that's a strong thing to say, what if the players react badly".

Imagine another manager says "the players let themselves and the club down", it just passes without comment. You don't have to imagine it, it happens every bloody week.

Thing is...he obviously did this before the Hamilton game as per his huff on the bench. I can only conclude he was close to losing the dressing room then and no matter what happens on Wednesday, he’s totally lost it now. That doesn’t exempt the players but just stating what seems fairly clear.

At the risk of derailing the thread Windass started on the left, was switched to the right in the first half before being fired through the middle to accommodate the sub in the second. He's neither a winger not a centre. I have no idea what he is in all honesty.
He's a gutless coward, that's what he is.

I've seen kids with more heart than him. A f()cking jellyfish

This thread is going sharply downhill from a fairly uninspiring start...

Here's the crux though, I don't see any real controversy in a manager giving a candid and accurate review of the team after a defeat. Let's also acknowledge that post-match he also took full responsibility as manager for the result, so has hardly thrown the players under the bus. He's acknowledged that collectively it was a failure.

He is prepared to give the same players the chance to redeem themselves on Wednesday night. That may not go down well with supporters who want changes made, but it is also a firm showing that he believes they are capable enough to deliver.

Unfortunately overall, Pedro has a poor record with us. There's not a great deal of evidence to pin hopes of real progression on. If this was a blip in a run of good results, his words would not be getting dramatised as much as they are right now.

The bigger question for me is whether the players agree with him or not. I suspect they probably do.

Little bit of common sense in amongst a load of frothing at the mouth by AWK.

I have never seen a Rangers fan as desperate for a manager to fail as AWK for PC. It's pathetic.

The videos of the presser now emerging are a little different than the sh*te posted in this thread.

This place is like Chinese whispers at times. PC stated yesterday he took “full responsibility”. He probably said the players embarrassed themselves because they did (at least seven of them) and yes, he said his family was “finding it hard to adjust” but that was in relation to Peña and him trying to settle in. Get a grip ffs!

Thing is...he obviously did this before the Hamilton game as per his huff on the bench. I can only conclude he was close to losing the dressing room then and no matter what happens on Wednesday, he’s totally lost it now. That doesn’t exempt the players but just stating what seems fairly clear.

The Hamilton game when the players came over and celebrated with him?

Personally i find his conduct and behavior not befitting of a Rangers manager. His antics on the touchline are embarrassing.

You mean being furious that our player was assaulted yesterday and nothing was done about by the ref? What's he like expecting his players to be able to play football without a pre-meditated assault on them.

He's working his ticket I can see him resigning. This is the same show we are watching from a couple of his previous clubs and the departures from them.

Pedro is still passionate about his job. I think we need a massive improvement on Wednesday. Can these same players give us what we need? Only time will tell

Koeman has gone from Everton.

He'd be on a small fortune but would be the type of manager we should be going for if we are to challenge for the title.

Waiting for your link to the article or FF thread confirming his family has not settled..... fekin drama queen.
You will be waiting a while then.

There is no search function on this site.

There have bene other posters on this thread who confirmed what he said at the Q and A but hey, don't let that get in your way of having a little dig.

I've not seen it reported anywhere or heard anything to suggest Caixinha has said his family haven't settled here.

Can anyone provide evidence this was ever said?

Im sure the comment was made a few weeks back when he attending a Q& A session with a fan group.

The statement was his family have lived all over the world and have found Glasgow the most difficult to settle in, don't think he said they wern't settled.

Back