Match Thread Kilmarnock v Rangers - 19:45 Wednesday - BT Sports

Looks like we have picked up from where we left off in December (19th Century Terrorists game aside). That game really has papered over the cracks. And worst of all, it had people screaming about how good Joe Worrall really is. 10m my arse.

Yes he has, do you want an award for pointing that out? We've changed our whole system to accomodate a player who is nowhere near match fit and you can see how it's worked out.

Changing the formation after beating the filth is madness.

Oh aye and we played a 4-4-2 with lafferty and morelos, who wasnt match fit then? We simply havent been good enough.

Second to every ball, that’s the sort of thing that makes this pish completely unacceptable. All the good work of the OF undone in an instant. Pathetic

Worrall turned this game on its head and Gerrard let him. I remember getting livid with DA when he persisted with Konterman, this is getting close to that. Gerrard is just sitting in his seat looking bored and out of ideas.

Two things have cost us here:

- Joe Worrall - hopefully the last I have to see him in a rangers strip. Unfortunately he will be in the team next game. I've said before, if Katic is still bombed out, we need another cb.
- Gerrard's inability to change the system during the game. Clarke had it sussed after 20mins & we spent the rest of the game toiling. We needed width to stretch the game.

I also wasn't keen on Morelos playing up top with Defoe. I think Morelos is better as the focal point but it felt the other way around at times.

Killie definitely had a game plan and stuck to it.

We were bossing the game until Worrall's mistake and could have been 3-0 up, so it's hard to blame the lineup or formation. Having said that, this Rangers team handles adversity terribly and is awful at coming back into it when things are stacked against them. The players need to get better at playing in a hostile environment because it can get that way home AND away when things start going badly.

We started this hard away game with 2 new signings that could not possibly be match fit.

Gerrard might look scunnered. However, he's the one that fucked it. Tactics wrong. Central defence wrong. Sub timing shite again and choice of subs shite again.

Tonight Gerrard absolutely fucked it in all way he possibly could.

I wish we hadn't signed Defoe. That's all I want to say.
Billy big baws signings right in the middle of an upsurging forward looking young side ALWAYS backfires

This is all down to SG tonight. Changed his formation to accomodate his new players, the continutity vanished from our team and stubbed out players usual games. A really really poor tactical choice by him and he will need to learn quick. Allowing Worrall to remain on the park when its clear his shot confidence spread through the team like wildfire.

Back