Match Thread Kilmarnock v Rangers - 19:45 Wednesday - BT Sports

That was pathetic.
Wrong tactics
Wrong defence
Somehow both Worrall and MacAuley finish the game.

Thought Morelos and Halliday worked hard with minimal reward.
At least 2 pens not given.

Too late with subs. Again only used 2

We're now a cup team. We CAN play well but do so rarely, and certainly not every week. We lack anything approaching the consistency and nous to win it over 38 games.

I hate being right, I am not at all surprised by that result.
Felt that bad feeling watching the press conference and felt it all the more today.

As usual, I'll just wait and see what happens.

Kilmarnock are a better TEAM.

Not due to the individuals on the park.

They have a experienced manager at the highest level as a coach and he has practically schooled SG in every league game.
SG drops points as he keeps tinkering with the team and doesn’t let it settle.
To play those two at CH on that park was a disaster of a decision.

SG totally to blame for tonight.

I'm afraid it's the same old shite. We're better than last season, but we still can't string any sort of form together and rely far too heavily on 2 or 3 players. We've still got far too many squad fillers who can't be relied on to produce on a regular basis.

Bad night the night. Kilie very good at what they do. Fight hard and take chances. They only had 2.
The manager needs to learn and I am sure he will. Need to treat these games like old firm games.

Time serious questions asked of the manager he changed formation at Motherwell and tonight he’s a rookie manager with pretty ordinary players not Klopp or Pep who have world class players.
The league was a very long shot it’s completely over now. Another bunch of losers.

Could it be any worse ? A f^cking disaster frankly. Seeing SG slumped in the dugout with his hands in his pockets with 2 minutes to go says it all about his players and himself. Kilmarnock were almost taking the piss down the left at one point in the second half. Sunday is just another disaster waiting to happen and we are realistically playing for second.

M
Exactly-a player of his ability should be able to play a part if he's in a wheelchair, he's lethal in the box. You're contradicting yourself, one semi match fit player from 11 who is one of the most clinical players of his generation-we should have scudded them tonight no two ways about it. What would we have gained by playing say grezda or candeias, less finishing quality and a bit more energy.

Mate, I don't care now. I've lost interest in what you're even talking about.

Not having that performance. Heads need to roll. When the %^*& will our manager learn? Continues to makes the same mistakes. Why's he leaving out McCrorie? That game was crying out for him. Going from an over reliance on width to none? It didn't work against Helsinki so why would it work tonight?

This downgraded forum has been a carbon copy of our performance.

Sluggish,hard work and stuttery and i'm glad to give it a rest for tonight.

Really costly result, unfortunately all our momentum from the OF has gone and I can another season fizzling out.

The sooner we go back to Goldson and Katic the better, the entire team was a disgrace after the equaliser but Worral was the catalyst for that collapse tonight

We need another centre half as a replacement for Worrell and another forward so we don’t have to persist with Lafferty

Last comment on it.

A disgrace. A 3 week break, 1 week warm weather training in the best of facilities, all the usual sound bite bullshit from the players pre match and then they go out and get out thought and out worked by Kilmarnock despite being 1 up.

Tonight was a horrific performance. Defensively all over the shop, no creativity other then Kent and every single forward pass or final ball was befitting of the juniors.

Gerrard has to take the blame for that I'm afraid why change the team that destroyed Celtic. Defoe and Davis have played very little football they should of been eased in.

Totally a
Agree that SG must take the flak for this. We pump the Tims in our best performance for ages and in the very next game we change our entire system. Drop McCrorie and Candieas to accommodate a 33and 36 year-old who haven't played any real games for fukin months. WTF
totally agree, only change that should of been made tonight was at CH due to injury.

Shite absolute shite, Manager needs to take some blame for changing the shape for Davis and Defoe, Kent in the middle? no thanks....

Shocker, but Kent just edges into passmarks.
Dreadful performance and can’t take any positives from it. Unbelievable in having to say it but Killie wanted to win more than we did!

It’s alright one of them will be along shortly to tell us, they know it wasn’t a great performance, but they will pick themselves up and go again.
This isn’t a title winning team, no 55 this season that is for sure.

We concede a goal and heads go straight down
Pedestrian, no urgency when we're losing
And reduced to relying on Lafferty to get the goals

We can see it, why not the manager?

Why change the team?
Why change the formation?
Why put morelos on the wing who is our best player?
Why no katic?
Why lump it long to defoe?
Why play players who are not fit?
Why no pressing?
Why no subs at half time?
Why high energy for the last 3 mins?
Why is gerrard slumped in his chair all night?
Why not train for 3 weeks on a plastic pitch to prepare for the game?

If Celtic went there tomorrow, they'd lose as well. They already did if anyone remembers. There's a reason that Kilmarnock have taken the most points over the calendar year. They're a good team. I'd obviously be happier with a draw or delighted with a win but let's not chuck the league again to pick it back up next week if we win and they drop points.

Can't even hide behind the awful pitch on this occasion as the intensity and committment wasn't even there from the equaliser onwards. Deserve all the criticism going tonight sadly.

Preparing myself for the exact same inconsistency that we had in the first half of the season.

The new boys need to get bedded in ASAP but the change in formation was a major error tonight.

Games like tonight are why we won't win the league. Celtic are shit but away from home we are pathetic.

Worrall can go %^*& himself. Jones is a rat too.

Stevie G was really inspiring a fightback sitting back with his arms folded.

All the good work of beating the scum undone. Well done everyone.

I hope that is Worrall's last game for us. We were in control and then he gifts them an utterly ridiculous goal and is a bomb scare the rest of the game. And not for the first time. What does Katic have to do to get in this team ahead of him :mad:

Serious questions need asked of the manager tonight Worrall should never play again but I bet he gets a shirt the next game.

Poor...not sour grapes, but why is Brophy not booked for leaving the pitch to celebrate? His tackle on Jack is then a red. Why is Tishbola not booked for persistent fouling, or his pull back on McGregor? His pull on Kent is then a red too...

We weren't good enough.

Back