Kamara

No disrespect to McCrorie but Kamara is several levels above the lad.

Big Ross needs to go out on loan next season to develop his technique because he is way short in many areas. Maybe people will see this now by seeing what Kamara brings.

Touch, composure, awareness, mobility, weight of pass - Kamara has that in abundance.

McRorie is quicker across the ground, stronger in the tackle and better in the air. It’ll be horses for courses between the two.

Question. Davis or Kamara in your starting 11?

A fit Steven Davis would be the best player in Scotland by a country mile. However, as has been seen countless times, the SPL is not a league for old legs (Barton, Kranjcar) and to attempt to come in and gain your fitness by playing the odd few minutes is not going to bring him up to speed. Scottish football is all blood and guts and effort, and technique is secondary to strength. At this moment in time, Kamara has both strength and guile and in both of his matches he has made it exceptionally hard for Gerrard to leave him out.

As well.as being good on the ball and always having his head up, he out muscled Mulumbu last night a couple of times, which given he's a bit of a tank is a very good sign for us.

Would be interested to know what the Four Lads Had A Dream Think Tonight ? After Saturday they said he wasn’t anything different from what we had

In my defence, that was Stevie :-D

Anyone who has listened to me for the past year will know I liked the look of Kamara at Dundee.

All I'll say is that there's plenty left for him to prove yet. It's good to see him make a promising start.

A gem

Don't think he wasted a pass all night and was winning the ball back and even outmuscled Mulumbu

Looks very comfortable on the ball and played some good forward probing passes

He's got the jersey now.

A gem

Don't think he wasted a pass all night and was winning the ball back and even outmuscled Mulumbu

Looks very comfortable on the ball and played some good forward probing passes

He's got the jersey now.

1 pass but nearly won it back. He was told to sit deep last night. When he's allowed to charge forward you'll see how good he really is.

Has the potential to be class.

Early days of course but really impressed with what I’ve seen so far, looks like it could be a great bit of business.

If it wasn’t for Alfie last night he was a close second for Motm, covered every blade of grass and looks technically good.

I think it says a lot that Kamara was MOM despite Morelos scoring 4 goals.

Now I like McCrorie but he showed last night what McCrorie needs to work on. And a loan move next season would be wise.

Thought Kamara and Jack complimented each other well.

First time in 2 years i have seen a Rangers player outmuscle Mulumbu

He is great at using his body to take ball in and looks really athletic the way he effortlesly covers the ground

Looks like we have found a gem

He’ll learn more by staying at Rangers,
Where would he learn more?
All things going to plan he will not get too much game time if he stays at Rangers. He needs to get out there and get games and continue to develop his weaknesses.

McRorie is quicker across the ground, stronger in the tackle and better in the air. It’ll be horses for courses between the two.
Kamara's all round game is streets ahead of McCrorie's. The lad has age in his side so hopefully he can develop the areas the he is weak on. But right now his touch, control, composure, mobility, passing, link up play and awareness need a lot of work.

He’s very good at getting his body in the way of the ball.

It’ll be interesting to see who replaces him when he gets a retrospective ban for simulation from the bold Clare.
Yeah, it will be on the grounds of unfair play, ie. too good for the opposition !

I was having this out with a few posters last weekend.

The guy is a very, very decent player.

He turns like he is on rollerskates with the ball sewn to his foot, his timing is brilliant and he reads the ball very, very well.

My comment on Kamara was that the last time I was so excited about a player, it was Carlos Cuéllar.

So many posters were flogging him off as what we already have x 7, he isn't and I think we will have a very good player in Kamara. The guy is only 23, so he should many good years ahead of him.

Spot on mate.

There's a few of us that knew we were getting a player that was different to anything else we had in the midfield.

Excellent, quick distribution and an ability to read situations early.

He'll be the first mid on the team sheet for Sunday.

He had a fantastic game last night - loved seeing him bully mulumbu.
Players we've previously signed from Dundee have went onto do well for us. Hopefully this will continue with Kamara.

Let's remember this thread when he has a bad game! I thought before we signed him it was great business and his first two appearances have shown what a good player we have, especially so, with him not played in a couple of months too.

Early signs are promising but it's only 2 games so i will hold back my excitement for the time being.

He is potentially the CM we have been missing. He's very positive on the ball, seems to read the game well and is much stronger than i gave him credit for.

Kamara probably made more accurate passes last night than McCrorie has made all season in a Rangers jersey.

I like big Ross as a person so it's not bashing him. It's simply pointing out that Kamara is a big upgrade on the likes of Ross, who needs to develop a lot further.

We all want McCrorie to eventually succeed at Rangers but that doesn't mean we can't highlight a few home truths about the lad. Loan next season IMO.

It's when you see Kamara on the ball and how he plays in midfield that you are drawn to the fact that McCrorie is way off that level. And have been saying this for some time.

Go out on loan next season son, get game time, sort out your passing, composure, control and awareness and then come back having improved on these aspects. That's the way i has to be if he wants to become a mainstay midfielder in a Rangers team.

Right now, Kamara is the kind of footballer we need in there.

Last edited:
I still dont understand how he ended up at Dundee glad he choose this path and now we have him :cool:

He was only the only decent outfield player on Saturday and looks apart again tonight.
I agree mate only positive I could see on Sat thought he was excellent last nite aswel hadn't seen much of him but before we got him looks a player tho heads always up

Kamara was outstanding last night, he man marked Mulumbu out the game.

He is very tidy on the ball but for a guy with a small skinny build he is no push over either.

All things going to plan he will not get too much game time if he stays at Rangers. He needs to get out there and get games and continue to develop his weaknesses.
But where will he learn though?
Getting game time and learning are two different things,
Thankfully he’s going nowhere

But where will he learn though?
Getting game time and learning are two different things,
Thankfully he’s going nowhere
I'd wager a wee cyber bet that Ross McCrorie will go out on loan next season. Very confident that this will be the outcome. Greg Docherty has done it - no reason why Ross won't/can't. I don't see him starting many games next season, hence a loan would be beneficial for all parties.

He does something which Morelos does brilliantly, he gets his body in the way of the ball. Legs, Arse anything just gets in the way. Draws a foul or keeps the ball.

I agree mate only positive I could see on Sat thought he was excellent last nite aswel hadn't seen much of him but before we got him looks a player tho heads always up

True, he seems to be cool under pressure, very quick feet, he always seems find that bit of space, good and breaking down play, always looking for the ball and he also dictates where the ball should be played and where other players should be, by pointing and talking.

Overall he seems like a very intelligent footballer and doesn’t look like a player that’s just recently joined us and needs time to settle.

If he keeps it up we’ll have a gem of a player.

As the game went on he bossed Mulumbu, he was by far their best player, I see why Celtic loaned him back to hinder ever other team in the league.

I'd wager a wee cyber bet that Ross McCrorie will go out on loan next season. Very confident that this will be the outcome. Greg Docherty has done it - no reason why Ross won't/can't. I don't see him starting many games next season, hence a loan would be beneficial for all parties.

The manager has said RM is a future captain, he’ll stay at Ibrox and learn from Gerrard and Gary M, two great midfielders, He could learn from Kamara as well

The manager has said RM is a future captain, he’ll stay at Ibrox and learn from Gerrard and Gary M, two great midfielders, He could learn from Kamara as well
I'm not convinced by him at this stage. His technical ability is too low right now - needs a lot of work.

Who knows, but a loan next season cannot be ruled out IMO.

You can tell Gerrard is so impressed with him, he had a very long word in his ear when he came off.

McCrorie is better suited when it becomes a bit of a battle and the tempo is higher.

Kamara is better (so far) when it becomes a more controlled possession based game.

Thought he was excellent in the first half last night, hunted the ball down and won it back loads and look composed on the ball.

Will wait until he's consistently doing it for us before claiming he's a steal.

Certainly started well.

Yes, it's early days in his time with us. But said it when we signed him that in the 2 doings we gave Dundee last season he stood out a mile. Took the pelters at the time by some on here who think if you are in a sh*t team you must be sh*t. Hope he continues in the same vain as he has started.

He was outstanding last night, easily regained possession several times when in a battle with malumbu which to be honest I didn’t think he’d win. His ball retention and movement will easily see him becoming a favourite.

Back