Match Thread Aberdeen v Rangers - 13:30 Sunday - Premier Sports

We have been poor. But Aberdeen have been every bit as bad. The notion that we are somehow being bossed by Aberdeen is nonsense. A rocket from Gerrard at half time and I would back us to win this. Clancy is a disgrace. And if you look at the penalty, Mackay-Steven fouls Goldson.

Negative take. Players look flat and not expecting an onslaught. Players look intimidated. Morelos getting nothing but also let’s it affect him too much. We have looked so slow and one paced it’s unreal with safe back passes everytime even when Aberdeen out of their shape.

Positive take. We were there to be taken after the pk and they haven’t got more than one goal lead. The wind is badly affecting our ability to get the ball doen. Will we strongly benefit from it in second half with us? We can’t play that bad again. Gerrard will be tearing strips of them and tell them to go impose themselves and stop playing within themselves.

Plenty time to turn it around and get the win.

1-3 rangers with an early Arfield equaliser.

McCoist can %^*& right off. Rangers man my arse. One of our worst ever managers, why is he allowed to commentate on our games? What gives him the right to criticise us when he took so much money and delivered so little during our years in the lower leagues?
He’s being paid to give opinion not be a Rangers man.

Should Gary Neville not be allowed on Sky after failing badly at Valencia?

These clowns think its a yellow as he went down after the contact.... the contact is a pen!! unreal.

I'm not sure why people highlight individuals when collectively we've been so awful.

Barisic often gets it tight. I'm surprised nobody's blaming Worral for this either. They're all rotten ffs.

Aberdeen have beaten us twice this season by being physical, denying us time, getting in our faces, and turning it into a niggly game with no football.
We have learned nothing from thise defeats.

Nobody brave on the ball. No width. No tempo.

Only plus is we aren't further behind.
Yip and we are seeing exactly the same again.

Whatever’s happened to Jack,picked the wrong game to have a nightmare,one thing I don’t think we can play worse in the second half,I hope.

The team throws these howlers in far too often.

Gerrard not blameless, this is a McCrorie type game all day long.

Ryan Jack has been especially poor.

Alfredo not had a sniff and the ref looks primed to send him off. Morelos goes down and gets a booking then Cosgrove goes down and nothing!

The most frustrating thing is Aberdeen are a glorified pub team. No wonder the stadium is 1/3 empty AGAIN.

The only good thing is we only conceded one goal. Kent can’t get a touch as Borna can’t keep the ball in the park. Need to get the wide players in the game to get away from their hammer throwers in the middle

League's only gone if we lose to them at the end of the month as far as I'm concerned.

A win there would cause them to explode & we'll hammer them at Ibrox. That's us down to 2 points already.

This league is over nonsense is pish.

Take head out of the sand mate look at the state of us today. We can barely muster consistency over 6 games

Wo
Jack has been rediclously bad. Unacceptable.

Ryan Kent and Candeias just not a goal threat whatsoever. Like having two full backs playing as wingers. Quick and cross the ball but couldn’t find the goal with a Satnav.

Worst game I have seen Ryan Jack play. What the %^*& is going on with him giving the ball away, timidly giving it to Wirral every time.

I've just explained my reasoning in reply to someone else.

We only win this once every four year on average and that's before factoring in where we've been in the last decade. If we don't win the Scottish Cup, it's disappointing but it isn't the end of the world.

We're still in a position to be challenging for the title if a few games go against Celtic and for us. We're making progress as a club in finishing second instead of third (and we still need to guarantee that) over the next ten games as a bare minimum.
Finishes like this , the season is a failure . You can dress it up however you like. A failure.

Well that was dross.

Some big decisions required at HT.

More dig in middle required so McCrorie on for Jack for me.

Leaving Morelos on is a big risk. If there’s an early change would be inclined to go for Lafferty.

Morelos has been neutered. A joke yellow card (where was that cùnts yellow for simulation up the other end? Clancy eh), and ignoring various niggling fouls on him.

It’s as if they want to frustrate him so he’ll act out and they get give him a second yellow. We’ve been woeful, but that is a stinking one sided refereeing showing from that utter cretin.
Not a joke. He dived and was done. How many times have the sheep done this to him and he bites every time?

Barasic is like a man down at LB, he just can’t pass forward for some reason. Jack clearly not in it and Arfield not involved enough. Have to get Halliday on at LB and get Jack out of there, Mccrorie on.

Ooft that wee kick by Morelos is lucky to not be seen by the ref

Get Defoe on, get mcrorie on, change formation, kick their arse

The Only player not mince kamara.
The rest left their hearts in a wee tub in the dressing room.

No energy no ideas no bite. No dig
We get the ball it goes sideways or back and momentum is lost .

Alfie under pressure with a silly booking

The only player not mince is McGregor!

Awful first half from us.

Seen this too many times before. Not making forward passes when they are on and then forcing the ball when it isn’t on.

Bloody hell Jack has been atrocious.

Poor first half performance, we just never got going.

Poor from Goldson to give away a penalty like that too. You can’t slide in when there is a man on your blind side.

The referee has been utterly atrocious and has single handedly taken Morelos out the game with his dreadful calls all day. We should be subbing Morelos at half time because if he plays the second half he’ll get sent off IMO.

Everything needs to be better second half. I think Gerrard will be giving them a bollocking in the dressing room at half time though so I expect a reaction.

We can still win this game, Aberdeen are shite.

Drastic change needed or our season is over.

Again, literally finishing 2nd is progress on last season and the one before that.

The team that spends the most amount of money tends to win the league and the team that spends the second most tends to finish in second. This is normally true from top to bottom.

Our season is 'over' when we can't win the league and we have secured 2nd place.

Saying that it's over before then is just throwing your toys out of the pram when you aren't winning.

I clocked Alfie's leg at that incident and just knew BT would be slabering over it.

They dont do that for every time that sort of thing happens

We have been shocking. As has the ref, how is Alfredo seen as a dive but Cosgrove isn't?
Also has Alfie won a free kick yet as I can't recall one yet seen him fouled numerous times.

You have to wonder how we keep getting outdone by such a poor team. If we don't turn this around questions have to be asked. Winning 1 out of 5 against this mob simply isn't acceptable.

We haven’t looked like a Rangers team at all, Aberdeen deserve their lead. The fact we can’t get ourselves up for meaningful games against the likes of Aberdeen tells me we still don’t have true Rangers types in our dressing room. Guys who have expressed themselves so freely over the last few weeks go into their shells....it’s demonstrated by Tav our so called captain. He is through on goal but fails to take a shot....he passes the buck and Dom Ball clears the ball. It’s sums us up in that 45 min performance....Morelos is lucky to still be on the park after that wee kick out(he’s a marked man, yet he still takes these risks) and won’t last 90mims either....I’d get Lafferty and Defoe on to at least try and keep it 11 v 11.

And what? The players still need to turn up, and did. We scud Killie, the most in form team of 2018. Feel free to play that down though to suit whatever agenda you’re peddling.

Agenda? I'm merely stating that overhyping our previous results aganist massively inferior opposition is no indication as to how we'd play today. We also only managed to beat a 10 man Killie, which you've neglected to acknowledge.

We are far too slow on the ball, Alfie needs hooked because his diving about will end up as a red card and diving like that is idiotic.

McCrorie and Defoe on, one a battler and the other a striker who more clever than Morelos will find the space to win us the game!!

We have been poor. But Aberdeen have been every bit as bad. The notion that we are somehow being bossed by Aberdeen is nonsense. A rocket from Gerrard at half time and I would back us to win this. Clancy is a disgrace. And if you look at the penalty, Mackay-Steven fouls Goldson.

The ref has been shite and the team need a boot up the arse, however Golsdon caught McKay-Steven and it was a penalty.

They are bullying us ,that's the issue .

Back