Match Thread Hibernian v Rangers - 19:45 Friday - Bt Sports

Lots of good from tonight, Kamara was excellent, defence solid. Need to be clinical when the chances come and we are average up there.
Goldson was dodgy, Tavernier was poor, Worrall was good.

Kamara was superb, Kent another 45 minutes and then fxck all, Morelos was poor. Midfield was excellent first half .

We need Morelos to be on his game as well.

We are no
Fucking pig sick of watching us not kill games off against utter shite like that.

Infuriating.
we are not a good enough team that's plain and simple we have dropped points all over the place good teams don't do that we do so we have to face it the players we have will never win us the league.

This game like so many shows why our midfield isn't good enough. We dont have goals when it matters from the middle of the park.

Arfield makes alot of runs, but he just doesn't score enough goals to be that man that links front to back, and you just dont see goals coming from Jack or Kamara.

On a night like tonight when Morelos isn't on it; we just dont look like scoring.

Three games against hibs

1) penalty not given + two reds not given
2) mcgregor elbows, stays on and scores equaliser
3) 3/4 red cards not given when should, 2 penalties not given and equaliser offside

Never mind the players
Target officials

Kent, for all his brilliance, neither scores enough or creates enough. I don’t know if we should spunk a significant fee on him
im starting to think the same all show not a lot of end product, give him the rest of the season but not convinced

it's time Gerrard or even McAllister calls this out, we didn't play well in the 2nd half but sick of this cheating league

He might have scored but I am fkn sick of candeias in that team his end product/final ball is absolutley diabolical for a so called winger not convinced in goldson either and kent is a bit of a sand dancer with no end product.

Never ever in its life a 1-1 game. These officials have a lot to answer for yet again. I don't give a fk what anyone says. The officials have had a big say in where the title is going this season. McGregor should have walked 3 times. Ffs even the Ref in the studio said it. Time to get foreign refs in as this lot are either fkn horrific at their jobs or cheating bar stewards. I think i know which one it is.

Truth is if we got one in the last kick of the ball everyone is posting how good we were. That’s the problem people have with match threads. We were good tonight, and it’s very disappointing, but there’s no point saying we were shite when we weren’t.

I'd love to see a video of all Alfie's red cards side by side with all the tackles he's suffered.

Maybe get Sutton to commentate on it and see if he has the brass neck to defend the standard of officials in this shitey league

Not fcking good enough once again against a pish poor team,arfield for me was very poor,fcking raging for the umpteenth time this season,body's need moved on next window,

We need to talk about Steven MacLean.

I'm sorry.

But stonewall penalty in the first half when Gray shoves Morelos not given.

McNulty should have been sent off. Gray did enough to get sent off twice over. McGregor did enough to get sent off thrice over - and eventually did when it was too late in the game to matter a feck.

Hibs' goal was also offside with a foul on Tav in the build up for good measure.

If the ref does his job properly we're playing against 10 and then 9 men for most of the game, we get a pen which we probably score, their goal doesn't stand and we probably win 4 or 5-0 which would have been thoroughly deserved.

And this keeps happening to us in crucial games.

I'm fecking sick of it.
Absolutely spot on.

No doubt the usual suspects will be along with their "Just keep scoring and it doesn't matter" pish. Sorry, but when we are being cheated, it really doesn't matter how many we score as they will find ways to even it up.

Down to 9 by half time if the ref had done his job, play pulled back for foul on tav when they scored, goal disallowed for offside even if he hadn't brought play back.

It's blatant, but it will be dismissed by half of our fan base whose first thought is to pile on the players.

Steven McLean never missed the chances or fucked up cross after cross. Step forward, Tav, Kent, Halliday & Candeias

Suck it up, it wasn’t fucking good enough in the 2nd half from both the players and the manager. The Arfield sub killed our attack, Morelos should’ve been off on 60 mins as his head had gone

Much, much more good than bad.

But.....Hibs should have been down to 9 men

I gave ref benefit of doubt. He got the big decisions wrong tho.

McGregor should have been off much earlier.
Gray should have been off.

Tav was fouled in build up to their goal-which was offside.

Also, Goldson and Worrall yellows extremely harsh.

Another one that really hurts, done way more than enough to win the game comfortably, some terrible refereeing decisions as listed, once again costing us. Ultimately though we lost our way when they equalised and that needs adressing.
Subs timing have been a worry all season and we seem to always be reactive instead of proactive.

Craigan saying in the first half that Morelos would've sent off for the elbow that McGregor made...when the %^*& has Morelos ever elbowed someone? His worst offences are talking back to referees, nothing that would endanger another player,

Honestly? Craigan was standing up for him. I know Craigan is a dick, but how can you find fault with him saying that the red would have had no issue sending Morelos off but not McGregor.

Tav needs to be benched, he leaves us exposed so many times its not funny,
Said that to my grandson, how many goals do we lose with Tav pushing up the park and losing the ball and leaving us wide open down our right, he never fooken learns,and then it’s just a wee jog back.

At no point did I feel confident during that game, which, when you consider how truly shite Hibs are, and how easily we were dominating them and making great chances, is a truly damming reflection of this teams lack of composure in front of goal.

We are getting there, but nights like tonight are testament to the fact we can't take our eyes off the ball and must spend as big as we can afford in the summer on starting quality players.

Please though, let's not make this about the performance, however shite, of officials.

We blew it tonight by failing to take advantage of our vast superiority. Again.

We do not have a winners mentality and cannot just finish off teams and put them to the sword in the first half and until we do that then we will struggle to get the title back.

We could have won the title but instead have just thrown points away by lack of concentration and unprofessionalism.

We don't have a winning mentality.

We will finish trophyless this season and further behind the bheggars than last season.

Garbage under Gerrard.
Don’t talk pish.

If not Gerrard as manager then who else?

As I say don’t talk utter pish. Yes we’re all gutted and deflated, but to come out with that?

Just in case you missed it, don’t talk utter pish.

Pathetic. Ref was shite but that's on us. Dominated Hibs yet again but didn't take advantage of our possession.

Gerrard should have noticed Hibs were getting back into it but left it too late to change things and of course they end up scoring.

League was already over but it doesn't make that game any less frustrating. That team just aren't winners. Too many don't have the mentality needed to play for us.

We've got to start with a leader, a captain.you could see it coming .If the manager comes out with the "reaction " shit I'm putting my boot through the tv

Not good enough by us

However
McGregor red card in first 10 minutes changes the game
Gray penalty does to
As does wrong offside call in first half

As does not calling foul on Tavernier in run up to equaliser
Offside not called for equaliser

All pivotal moments, all called incorrectly
Totally agree but in some games the decisions go against you and you just have to see it out and suck up a narrow win. Gerrard should’ve changed it earlier. He waited for it to go wrong before doing anything. It’s baffling.

Back