Cocaine epidemic on the terraces

Talking to a guy I’ve none for years recently. He’s had a stroke and a heart attack and in his own words was down to the gear and booze he’s been rattling for the last ten years. Each to there own but there’s always a price to pay.

When you mix cocaine and alcohol ( which I assume 90% will do) it creates a far more toxic drug. Which in turn has far more harmful effects on the body. You can google it I can’t remember the name.

Noted above about takeaways, so your taking coke, drink and eating like we do in the west coast of Scotland. It’s not a good mix in the long run .

After a lot of years of being in the Middle East where drugs are a total “no no” I got my eyes opened up on how common coke use is when I returned to the UK last year.
I was working in Darlington during the World Cup last year and watched the football in one of those giant, football-friendly boozers. The atmosphere was brilliant, maybe due to the place being awash with drugs and young people completely out their nuts. Every cubicle was engaged with multiple coke snorters at half time and others were snorting it from the sink worktops. I still see regular coke use in Glasgow city centre every weekend, but the scenes in Darlington last year showed me how commonplace coke use has now become.

There is an epidemic going on in scotland with cocaine, 10 years ago it was harder to come by and your dealer was a hard nut, now every second bleached teeth guy with fake tan on is now a coke dealer, the stuff they now call 'prop' is also alot stronger than your average gram which is hooking alot more people and alot faster. I know guys who cant go a night out or drink without it but carry on with their lives midweek coke free then back onnit for weekend, Ive seen it myself with close pals and its crazy how easy you can get it now, even burds out at nightclubs are at aswell which was rare to see.

Zammo_-_Just_Say_No.jpg

Robbie Fowler’s aging well :rolleyes:

If any of you know NHS medical staff who work hospital shifts, then seeing alcohol a massive first place in terms of damage to self and damage to those around alcohol abusers is no surprise.

Fags in at sixth place seems lenient to me. I’d also have cigarettes just behind crack cocaine and heroine.

Anyway, as many have said, it is utter nonsense to even try and contextualise this problem with reference to football. 100% a societal issue. Drug use crosses all socio economic classes

That chart is pretty shocking in that alcohol is the only drug listed that does more harm to others than the user... Food for thought...

Changed days. I remember when the only white lines at Ibrox were on the park
Exactly mate.

How many times have you seen people steaming fighting at the end of the night? Or getting in their cars to drive home.

I don't think that any drug makes anyone more likely to be aggressive I believe its all to do with mindset and mood which drugs (or environment) can excasibate.

Until we can have sensible discussion about it though people will continue to believe if you do an illegal drug you'll either be violent be addicted or die.

If any of you know NHS medical staff who work hospital shifts, then seeing alcohol a massive first place in terms of damage to self and damage to those around alcohol abusers is no surprise.

Fags in at sixth place seems lenient to me. I’d also have cigarettes just behind crack cocaine and heroine.

Anyway, as many have said, it is utter nonsense to even try and contextualise this problem with reference to football. 100% a societal issue. Drug use crosses all socio economic classes
Well said mate.

I'm yet to see two stoners fighting in the boozer because someone bumped into them.

The Irony of It All by The Streets is a great social commentary on this issue.

The irony is, its probably not cocaine thats causing the issue. The stuff they're mixing it with is the main issue. Cocaine in the past was an enjoyable drug for the most part. Its more of an edgy unsociable paranoid creepy experience due to the adulterants.

He was in the news story I found about drug testing politicians. Sitting in the commons with his eyes rolling.

He was also involved with an S. & M. madam who has written a book about his involvement with her and drugs but she could only get it published abroad(Australia I think) and I think that is where she lives but not too sure about that.

W.A.T.P.

sorry boys, don't want to break up the coke chat...

Just want to say a massive thank you to all the bears that answered my initial question..

We/ve got the best fans in the world and the sectarian issue is a non starter as far as I'm concerned...

Cheers lads WATP

X

He was also involved with an S. & M. madam who has written a book about his involvement with her and drugs but she could only get it published abroad(Australia I think) and I think that is where she lives but not too sure about that.

W.A.T.P.
This is another reason I hate journalists so much. You know that most of these politicians are up to their necks in drugs or dubious behavior of many sorts or backhanders. They are the most corrupt people on the planet yet the "journalists" don't seem to be able to catch them.

They can vilify and ruin some guy who posted a drunk tweet or who parks on yellow lines behind an ambulance. They can name and shame some girl who flashers her knockers down in Ibiza or a guy who shouts abuse while drunk in the streets. Or who petulantly kicks out! They can find their name, address, house cost, salary, bank account, marital status, convictions and favourite wanking material in a heart beat. They can print and run 4 page spreads instantaneously. But real, serious news or probing of people in power just doesn't seem to get past the editor, ever.

The irony is, its probably not cocaine thats causing the issue. The stuff they're mixing it with is the main issue. Cocaine in the past was an enjoyable drug for the most part. Its more of an edgy unsociable paranoid creepy experience due to the adulterants.
And nobody buys testing kits anymore cos they know what to expect and don't want to admit to themselves they are getting done.

Coke use in Scotland is one of the highest per capita in the world! It's no surprise that, the more it's out in the open and booming in popularity with millennial as an alternative, the less covert people are about doing it. Lots of people end up at football stadiums, so obviously it will be present there, as it also will be in supermarket bathrooms and everywhere else.

Also, "in Scotland the amount of the drug consumed per session was more than double the global average." See: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-44048083 (not Pacific Quay-produced)

A lot of youngsters do it to try and show that they look big and clever among their mates. Nothing could be further from the truth.

This is correct.

People taking drugs out in town / at parties are desperate to tell you about it. It’s definitely part of the reason why some do it.

Most people under 40 do it, probably a lot over 40 too.

The idea that people who do are some sort of scumbags is ridiculous and simply wrong. It's rife amongst the poor, rich, whoever. People like it, and as mentioned previously on this thread most people are absolutely fine on it and don't have a problem.

In other news water is wet and the sky is blue ffs this has to be the worst example of lazy journalism ive seen yet

People taking coke or any drug for that matter are just wanting to look like the big man.

It's just the old "Look at me" stuff. Quite sad really.

Drugs are for mugs.

Yep.

Either that or they are so desperate to fit in with a certain crowd, that they lose all self identity. So desperate for acceptance from fellow losers!

Cocaine is for people who like wasting money. As absolute waste of money for what it does, which is barely anything.

Makes people think they are plastic hardmen when in reality they are just like a wet lettuce.

Utterly tragic that people feel the need to shove Colombia's finest filled with aspirin etc or whatever else up their beaks to enjoy a day or night out.

Think I'd rather spend the money on my child tbh.

Anyone who wants to get pissed or off their tits on any kind of psychoactive drug in the company of kids, families and other sober people trying to enjoy a day out is one for the watching.

Do it in like minded company, take your timmery elsewhere.

Makes people think they are plastic hardmen when in reality they are just like a wet lettuce.

Utterly tragic that people feel the need to shove Colombia's finest filled with aspirin etc or whatever else up their beaks to enjoy a day or night out.

Think I'd rather spend the money on my child tbh.
You've got to question the character of anyone who indulges in this kind of shit. Not normal people.

Well said mate.

I'm yet to see two stoners fighting in the boozer because someone bumped into them.

The Irony of It All by The Streets is a great social commentary on this issue.

The Euro's held in Holland/Belgium are proof positive of that, most trouble was in Belgium where strong booze was sold, Holland had barely any trouble as most fans were stoned :))

sorry boys, don't want to break up the coke chat...

Just want to say a massive thank you to all the bears that answered my initial question..

We/ve got the best fans in the world and the sectarian issue is a non starter as far as I'm concerned...

Cheers lads WATP

X

You'd be better posting this in your own thread :))

Was rampant on the supporters bus I took to Murrayfield for the Hearts away game.

Felt a bit uncomfortable with it all, but not in any danger or anything just didn't like being surrounded by it.

Also witness it at the Hibs game we lost last year (Goss free kick) boy doing it right at the back of the Copland and overheard folk talking about a "wee patsy" in the loos this year.

You've really got to have some issues with your life if you need to sniff up unidentified chemicals in order to get a buzz.

Seen this before mate but it doesn’t change that drugs are indeed for mugs. In fact utter cretins in my view. We need proper penalties for dealing - death penalty for me and users dispatched to internment camps on the uninhabited islands off the west coast. Segregated into male female on separate islands and left there until the end of their pathetic days. My brother in law took his life because of drugs. So mate drugs are for mugs and if you fight a ‘war on drugs’ or a ‘war on terror’ you fight to win not to keep the BBC and CNN onside.

Rant ends.

Trolling?

Absolutely not mate it’s what I believe and what needs to happen. In some countries you get the death penalty for drug smuggling. I’m for it and for paedophiles and murder. Cleanses humanity and creates a deterrent. Saves us all tax money too as we ain’t paying to keep them all in jail.

Sharia Law eh? Sounds like you'd love it.

If people want to bung drugs up their nose in their own time that's there business.

Trolling?
I'm guessing no with what he goes on to say afterwards. I wonder how many less people would end up having their lives ruined by drugs if it wasn't for the stigmatisation asscotiated with it and people turning to criminality as a direct result of them being deemed illegal.

I'd ask the poster if politicians had said arbitrarily one day that alcohol was illegal would he be crying out for all of the scum alcohol sellers and users to be killed and ostracised from society?

Back