Cocaine epidemic on the terraces

Gear is absolutely rife up and down the country. Scotland apparently has the biggest ratio of users per head of population in Europe. It’s getting as common as a pint.

It’s fûcking everywhere, so why not say it’s an epidemic in offices or pubs rather than football terraces?
Exactly this, it affects every aspect of life.

Not the place to be taking gear really.. Cramped into a tiny seat for 45 minutes at a time.. Save it for the pub. Personally I would be doing all I could to Blend in and disappear.. Certainly wouldn't even contemplate going on the pitch and certain contact with the polis if I was sniffing..

Sniff Sniff! Well somebody had to say it.;)
VT5z7FC.gif

:p

I've seen my mates take a line and rave about how great the gear is then tried some myself, I could only wonder what I was missing out on.

Speed and E's are better :))

I just stick to the booze these days.
I was off the drink for 3 months, took a few lines with my mates, I was sober.
Nothing!
Whatever it was I wasn’t cocaine.
I think the drink mixed with the so called ching seems to do something.

It's everywhere and younger people don't even care enough to hide it anymore

Was in the Spoons at Intu on Friday night there after Hockey and there was a couple of guys locked in a cubicle in the toilets just talking full volume about the gear.

We all know it goes on but those wipes are a farce. A family member runs a pub and police came in to wipe for cocaine in the toilets, it came up positive for cocaine. He was told that the wipes are only 40-50% accurate as toilet chemicals can show positive results. He was told to spray a fine coat of oil like Wd40 on the cistern lids etc as the cocaine will just stick to it and be useless, it would also let him see if anyone is doing lines on his bog lol.

Of all the things at your disposal to snort this shit off why do people insist on using the top of a bog?

Anyway. I’m sure the professional sniffers in this day and age have a more modern technique. Like those wee tiny spoons you see on the movies. Are they not using them?

It's everywhere and younger people don't even care enough to hide it anymore

Was in the Spoons at Intu on Friday night there after Hockey and there was a couple of guys locked in a cubicle in the toilets just talking full volume about the gear.

The worst I’ve ever seen it was at a Scott Harrison boxing match at Braehead many years ago. It seemed like I was the only person in the place not par taking.

The funniest thing was when people were coming out the traps and heading straight to the urinals to take a pish. A quite remarkable human feat to do a shit and piss separately.

Gear is absolutely rife up and down the country. Scotland apparently has the biggest ratio of users per head of population in Europe. It’s getting as common as a pint.

It’s fûcking everywhere, so why not say it’s an epidemic in offices or pubs rather than football terraces?

Easier to get than alcohol. I doubt dealers have a challenge 25 policy or 10am to 10pm opening hours.

For the drugs are for mugs crew I presume none of you drink or smoke?

Former Drugs Advisor to the UK Government Professor David Nutt produced a study which ranked the most common drugs from most to least harmful. Perhaps you may find this interesting:

20ofkxn.jpg

Anyway as I said earlier this is a much, much bigger topic on its own and has no place being discussed at football in isolation. Its deplorable that the media try to whip up public opinion which they know politicians will use as a stick to beat football fans.

Correct. Drugs should be legalised and sold to fund the NHS. Might stimulate the high streets a bit and solve a lot of problems with black market drugs.

We know it wont happen though.

We all know it goes on but those wipes are a farce. A family member runs a pub and police came in to wipe for cocaine in the toilets, it came up positive for cocaine. He was told that the wipes are only 40-50% accurate as toilet chemicals can show positive results. He was told to spray a fine coat of oil like Wd40 on the cistern lids etc as the cocaine will just stick to it and be useless, it would also let him see if anyone is doing lines on his bog lol.
My local about 10 years ago, sprayed wd40 on the cistern after new owners took over the pub. The next old firm game the place was destered as the young team just went to another pub. His takings must've been tiny that day.

My local about 10 years ago, sprayed wd40 on the cistern after new owners took over the pub. The next old firm game the place was destered as the young team just went to another pub. His takings must've been tiny that day.

I honestly thought taking gear off a cistern lid or roll holder was a 1970s thing, that’s fucking rank.

If you're gonna do coke please be careful. Fentanyl is an incredibly insane substance that is in everything these days.

I know a copper that takes ching

cops dont get randomly/routinely drug tested.

the only time they do is when they first join the job and if someone dobs them in and there is suspicion that they are doing illegal drugs etc.

Which to me is fucking mental. They should be getting randomly tested on a regular basis - but that probably costs too much money so why bother if the cops who are supposed to be stopping this sort of stuff are doing it themselves :rolleyes:

I think the club should offer free drugs to those with substance abuse issues.

#powderpoverty

I’m going to write to my MP. Or the lead singer of Echo & The Bunnymen. Or Heart & Hand.

Former Drugs Advisor to the UK Government Professor David Nutt produced a study which ranked the most common drugs from most to least harmful. Perhaps you may find this interesting:

20ofkxn.jpg

Anyway as I said earlier this is a much, much bigger topic on its own and has no place being discussed at football in isolation. Its deplorable that the media try to whip up public opinion which they know politicians will use as a stick to beat football fans.
Is that a menu? Just shows you, stick to shrooms and acid and we'll all be sound.

Utter shite

Drugs may be for mugs as you say but it’s certainly not about ‘looking the big man’ for the vast majority
A lot of youngsters do it to try and show that they look big and clever among their mates. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Each to their own I suppose, but I don't know why people would take stuff when they don't even know what's in it.

It's a poor reflection on modern Scotland IMO.

A guy from our neck of the woods tragically died aged 36 because of it .

Had gone for his normal Sunday beers the usual turned into a bit of a session , in and out taking coke to keep him going , home about midnight , got up to scrape ice from his wife’s car at 8am for the school run , collapsed and died of a heart attack in the driveway . 36 , 4 kids .

A lot of people who tell you cocaine is “ safe “ don’t realise it puts huge strain on your ticker and constricts the arteries .

Definitely put a lot off it at least for his group of mates and those who knew him .

20ofkxn.jpg

I personally would legalise all drugs and try to administer the problem in a different manner with less law enforcement and more social/educational intervention.

However, that (simple) graph above possibly doesn't tell an honest story.
Vastly more people take alcohol than any other drug and for the vast majority, they function throughout a long life with their alcohol intake not really affecting their lives to the detriment of career and family and the vast majority of users don't pose a threat to anyone or need to use crime to enable their habit.
I think a graph that tells the far more complicated story would look a bit different.

But allowing alcohol to be sold freely to adults, more or less scuppers the case for outlawing other drugs.

Alchol is legal and we know the ingredients.

I stand by my statement - drugs are for mugs.
Nearly every instance of overdose or complication from drugs is due to cutting by delears who use harmful substances to stretch their batch or varying strength levels.

Warnings are constantly issued for dodgy drugs because they're cut with something dodgy.

Remember the moonshine that was sending people blind? It's exactly the same situation.

If production of drugs was controlled and managed by the government every single user would know what they were taking, the strength of it and that it was not cut with anything dodgy.

Why do people still have a high and mighty attitude to drugs? They're never going away and the longer they're illegal the longer they'll be produced, controlled and sold by criminals who perpetuate crime (see London knife crime for example).

If we had a mature attitude to drug policy in this country it would honestly make the world of difference.

This has bugger all to do with football fans, it is a social thing. Cocaine, speed etc. have been around for over a hundred years so trying to hang this sort of behaviour on fans is ludicrous. I'd like to know how many lines the scum journalist had taken before coming up with the idea to blame football fans.
I was over 20 years in the music business as tour manager and yes, there was a bit of drug usage, but the biggest villains were not the musicians or the technicians (roadies), but the journalists who hung around the backstage or entrances looking for a story. Journalists who had an interview booked were normally clean before the interview, but afterwards, and at the show and later, they'd be tanked up on just about any powder they could get their noses over.

Back