"Ibrox" without the unionbears

There’s nothing stopping the club moving those in BF1 to 3 for the start of next season.
FFS the atmosphere would be 10xs better than the library it is just now.

Players would respond aswell.

Well there clearly is something stopping it, isn't there?

Union Bears are going to kill themselves because everyone will stop going to their section as the atmosphere in there must be the worst in the stadium right now with their petted lips.

It should go the same way Palace did it. Offer them the chance to stay but inform them that UB will be moving in to the section & it’ll be turned in to SS, if they dont want to stay they can move to another area with incentives offered (such as money off ST etc).

I have no issue with an approach like that, it makes sense and also goes some way to compensating people who are moving.

Reactions: MSF
No idea.

Will you give it a rest about a subject you “dont care” about now?

I’m sure I’m not the only one extremely bored of your little crusade against UB, despite this issue being bigger than UB. Its beyond tedious.

I care now.

The condescending attitude being shown here and the total disregard folk have for anyone else has me now wanting any safe standing in BF1 and no season ticket holder made to move.

Be as bored as you want. This is a discussion forum.

The survey identified that 10% of ST holders surveyed was against Safe Standing.

Of the 5800 odd ST holders who took part in the survey just under half wanted to move to a safe standing area.

The broomloan was highlighted as the most desired area for safestanding.

The only survey that sounds like it matters should be done among the season ticket holders in BF3.
If a majority there want it, that would change things for me.

I care now.

The condescending attitude being shown here and the total disregard folk have for anyone else has me now wanting any safe standing in BF1 and no season ticket holder made to move.

Be as bored as you want. This is a discussion forum.
90% of fans want safe standing, and just less than half of that want to move to that area.

Like I said, this is bigger than UB, they are just the group pushing it.

You are boring beyond belief and not helping the issue at all, this is doing nothing but filling up some time on a Sunday for you. Whilst its an important issue for some of us, and backed by the majority. Get a grip.

I have no issue with an approach like that, it makes sense and also goes some way to compensating people who are moving.
Don’t think would disagree mate, the folk who don’t need to stand should be compensated.

90% of fans want safe standing, and just less than half of that want to move to that area.

Like I said, this is bigger than UB, they are just the group pushing it.

You are boring beyond belief.

5800 people took part, most of whom went be inconvenienced.
Did it ask if the section was to be in BF3 and season holders would be moved?
Would the majority care if it was BF1 or BF3?

I support safe standing, but in BF1.

Be bored with me, just like the Union Bears you don't like anyone disagreeing.

I support safe standing, but in BF1.
Superb. :D

Nothing more needs added from me. You don’t get it, and don’t want to get it. You don’t mind how bad the atmosphere is at Ibrox, and don’t care about the majority % of ST holders opinion.

Its not my job to change that, as I doubt anyone could. I’ll leave it at that. Have a good day.

The only survey that sounds like it matters should be done among the season ticket holders in BF3.
If a majority there want it, that would change things for me.
That’s a fair enough point but it would need to include BF3 is going to be used for a standing/singing section and if you want to be part of it you don’t need to move if you do move you will get so much off your ticket for next season.
It really isn’t hard.

Btw does anyone know if everyone in BF3 is all season ticket holder it used to be RSC ticket in there.

Superb. :D

Nothing more needs added from me. You don’t get it, and don’t want to get it. You don’t mind how bad the atmosphere is at Ibrox, and don’t care about the majority % of ST holders opinion.

Its not my job to change that, as I doubt anyone could. I’ll leave it at that. Have a good day.

Thank you, how nice.

Everyone says the folks in BF1 create a great atmosphere. If that is true, they don't need to move.
Unless we're now saying they don't generate an atmosphere.

That’s a fair enough point but it would need to include BF3 is going to be used for a standing/singing section and if you want to be part of it you don’t need to move if you do move you will get so much off your ticket for next season.
It really isn’t hard.

Btw does anyone know if everyone in BF3 is all season ticket holder it used to be RSC ticket in there.

Simple enough survey.

Are you in favour of your BF3 area becoming safe standing?

If yes, would you wish to remain?
If no, would you accept being relocated at no extra expense?

Would be funny if everyone said they wanted it and wanted to be in it. Then where would the BF1 group go!

Why would you put safe standing in BF1?
Why not?, It's got to go somewhere....
But it's a good point to raise. If it was say CF, you've still got the logistics of trying to place a large group in there and move others out. I assume the UB won't get priority with any safe standing in another part of the ground so it's still quite a task to find them a home as a group.
At least with BF1, they are already there in one cluster so logistically it's a little easier.

The problem with all these comparisons is very few, if any, of the other clubs who have done this have such a high proportion of seats sold as season tickets. I'm not in an area the UB would want, so I'll be ok either way.

But I still think the vast majority who pay their money to go to Ibrox don't care about this issue. But those who will get forced to move will think it unreasonable, and it saddens me how little their opinion is thought of here.
BECAUSE THE ATMOSPHERE AT THE STADUIM IS F**KING DIABOLICAL AND NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED FFS! How is this so difficult to understand?

Surely the solution should be that the people in bf3 are told that the UB are moving to bf3 and BF will be safe standing. You can stay if you wish and join SS or if you wish to move you will get money off your next season ticket etc and first pick on seats before a public sale . If anyone gets moved directly Cos UB get there seats then they just get first pick of either the seats left in bf3 by the people moving or first pick if any seats left after renewals before a general sale on the remaining seats

Surely the solution should be that the people in bf3 are told that the UB are moving to bf3 and BF will be safe standing. You can stay if you wish and join SS or if you wish to move you will get money off your next season ticket etc and first pick on seats before a public sale . If anyone gets moved directly Cos UB get there seats then they just get first pick of either the seats left in bf3 by the people moving or first pick if any seats left after renewals before a general sale on the remaining seats
Too much sense mate.

Reactions: JMA

What happens if most want to stay and not enough seats left for all the UB?

What happens if most want to stay and not enough seats left for all the UB?

Based on what people have been saying I assume they get to stay and once the section is full people get put on a waiting list I would have thought.

The Union Bears, and the Blue Order before them, have led to the rest of the stadium becoming lazy and not creating any atmosphere.
That said, atmosphere's were better before organised fans groups took over the mantle of being unofficial singing sections.

Atmospheres began dying with the advent of all seater stadiums where only a handful of palssit togerther, not like the old standing days of the enclosure where enitre supporters buses and groups of pals stood together.

Coming back to safe standing the UB are aware of the issues that need to be addressed to get this over the line.

That’s the starting point. I’m looking forward to sitting down with them as I feel that will be productive.
Would the song list be one of the barriers mentioned as the latest rejection came immediately after the Kilmarnock manager incident?

The whole idea that fans will be punted to make way for the UBs is wrong and is one of the reasons for disagreement, IMO.

Last edited:
This isn’t going to be resolved .

I’ve said from the start the club will pay it lip service as usual but when it comes down to it, they(the board) don’t fancy safe standing and will just continue to say surveys being done, costs , plans etc which I know have been looked at , with no intention whatsoever of actually implementing it.

Truth be told my personal opinion is they don’t even want the union bears in BF1 either and see them as hassle and the board worry that if that section grows it could become a problem for the club/board as numbers mean strength.

I think the board would be happy if the UB chucked it and Ibrox was sold out but silent for every game .

The usual suspects will probably pounce on my honesty and say “ but but but we’ve had costings done , the UB said 19th Century Terrorist , can’t be trusted “ etc . It is just my opinion that the UB are being led a merry dance and have been since 2007.

Any chance of a proper , youthful, vibrant, noisy , colourful and intimidating Ibrox stadium has been strangled before it can even begin .

Wrong on every level - but it’s not a surprise .

I’ve said from the start the club will pay it lip service as usual but when it comes down to it, they(the board) don’t fancy safe standing and will just continue to say surveys being done, costs , plans etc which I know have been looked at , with no intention whatsoever of actually implementing it.

Truth be told my personal opinion is they don’t even want the union bears in BF1 either and see them as hassle and the board worry that if that section grows it could become a problem for the club/board as numbers mean strength.

I think the board would be happy if the UB chucked it and Ibrox was sold out but silent for every game .

The usual suspects will probably pounce on my honesty and say “ but but but we’ve had costings done , the UB said 19th Century Terrorist , can’t be trusted “ etc . It is just my opinion that the UB are being led a merry dance and have been since 2007.

Any chance of a proper , youthful, vibrant, noisy , colourful and intimidating Ibrox stadium has been strangled before it can even begin .

I agree & think the board will end up getting their wish.

Its sad, just when you think the atmosphere can’t get any worse.

Dead.... Could hear the players shouting at eachother!

Was in Copland rear today and it was the talk amongst a few bears how bad the atmosphere is without them. Didn't hear anything until Alfie scored our equilizer in the second half!

Supporters are blaming these boys for our recent defeats, due to protest. Pish! They are the heart and noise of our support, especially at Ibrox. I understand the football needs to be better. Did Gerrard not say make Ibrox a fortress?
Rangers need to sort this out!

Or the UB'S need to stop acting like spoilt, we are better than the rest of the support entitled little children.

The same olf faces in this thread. Laughable. ‘Coked up dicksplash’ i seen earlier in this thread. An absolute disgrace talking about supporters like that. Some of you really should take a hard look at yourselfs trying to abuse a set of supporters because they are doing what everyone else is doing - nothing. Shameful. Embarrassing.

Or the UB'S need to stop acting like spoilt, we are better than the rest of the support entitled little children.
How are they?

They spend thousands of pounds of displays, flags & the rest. They spend hundreds of hours of their spare time organising displays and the like. They put a massive amount of effort it & in return all they want is for Ibrox to be even louder.

I just don’t get the thinking behind “they think they’re better fans”, just screams bitterness to me which is very strange.

They are campaigning for safe standing to be introduced to Ibrox, which 90% of fans want and just less than half of the 90% want to stand in it.

The selfish patter is a load of fucking shite, pathetic.

Great post mate - and nails it.

The prospect of another 20 years of dire atmosphere within our stadium is not something to look forward to. You'd think that people would want to improve things, but sadly it doesn't feel that way.

I don't know why the Union Bears bother based on a look at this thread. They have provided the atmosphere over the last 5-6 years and have did a number of impressive displays. They only want to move 2 sections into the middle of the stand in order to grow the group and people seem outraged by this. The people throwing the toys out the pram here are the ones defending season ticket holders who may be displaced by a grand total of 20 metres or so. The weird hatred some people have is bizarre, is it jealousy or something?

I don't know why the Union Bears bother based on a look at this thread. They have provided the atmosphere over the last 5-6 years and have did a number of impressive displays. They only want to move 2 sections into the middle of the stand in order to grow the group and people seem outraged by this. The people throwing the toys out the pram here are the ones defending season ticket holders who may be displaced by a grand total of 20 metres or so. The weird hatred some people have is bizarre, is it jealousy or something?
Absolutely mate.

What the Union Bears are looking for is not unreasonable - at all.

Only at Rangers do we squabble about things that will actually help to improve things within stadium.

Other clubs just get on and do things - we just procrastinate and look for excuses to not do things.

Some amount of "Victor Meldrews" in these threads who seem to have forgotten what it's like to be young.
The types who love nothing more than to go to Ibrox after another shitey week at work or at home, and let out all their steam screaming abuse at our players - no matter the result. Yet they’ll moan at the UB for not singing for a couple of games with the end game to make Ibrox a very loud place.

Forgive me for not taking these folk seriously.

The club’s treatment of the UB is sickening and the board take the support for granted.

There is absolutely nothing to stop the UB from moving to BF3 and installing safe standing along the Broomloan front. It’s actually pathetic from the board.

The types who love nothing more than to go to Ibrox after another shitey week at work or at home, and let out all their steam screaming abuse at our players - no matter the result. Yet they’ll moan at the UB for not singing for a couple of games with the end game to make Ibrox a very loud place.

Forgive me for not taking these folk seriously.
Round me the young folk shout as much shite at players as the older guys.

Moaning faced folk all around when things ain't going well.

So if they are younger its ok? Maybe the moaners and abuse shouters don't care much for you? :D

Id rather curse the ref or opponents though.

I hope season ticket holders in the Broomloan Rear don't get too attached to their seats because once your kids turn 17 you're getting moved out of there. Not really fair but it's not your seat. See, it does happen.

How are they?

They spend thousands of pounds of displays, flags & the rest. They spend hundreds of hours of their spare time organising displays and the like. They put a massive amount of effort it & in return all they want is for Ibrox to be even louder.

I just don’t get the thinking behind “they think they’re better fans”, just screams bitterness to me which is very strange.

They are campaigning for safe standing to be introduced to Ibrox, which 90% of fans want and just less than half of the 90% want to stand in it.

The selfish patter is a load of fucking shite, pathetic.

The previous thread I put over a fair few questions no one could answer so there is no point going over it all again as no one has the answers or refuses to answer pertinent questions.

FWIW, Iv donated to the UB's previously, I like the noise and colour they bring, I think they should be allowed to expand and I think Ibrox should have safe standing installed, I think the way they are going about it, the way certain people on here act in regards to it and the demand to be allowed to force other fans to move to accommodate them is wrong and smacks of self-importance and arrogance.

This protest isn't about safe standing IIRC btw.

The previous thread I put over a fair few questions no one could answer so there is no point going over it all again as no one has the answers or refuses to answer pertinent questions.

FWIW, Iv donated to the UB's previously, I like the noise and colour they bring, I think they should be allowed to expand and I think Ibrox should have safe standing installed, I think the way they are going about it, the way certain people on here act in regards to it and the demand to be allowed to force other fans to move to accommodate them is wrong and smacks of self-importance and arrogance.

This protest isn't about safe standing IIRC btw.

They have lost a lot of the support the way they have acted me included.

They have lost a lot of the support the way they have acted me included.

They haven't lost my support as I like what they bring, but I am not going to blindly agree with them when I think they are wrong and behaving like spoilt kids.

I also don't believe for one minute moving from BF1 to BF3 will improve the atmosphere at all, it won't change who joins in, it won't change the other 48k who don't sing, it won't change a thing in terms of atmosphere.

They haven't lost my support as I like what they bring, but I am not going to blindly agree with them when I think they are wrong and behaving like spoilt kids.

I also don't believe for one minute moving from BF1 to BF3 will improve the atmosphere at all, it won't change who joins in, it won't change the other 48k who don't sing, it won't change a thing in terms of atmosphere.[/QUOTE

I’m sorry mate but to have the best signing section at Ibrox sit on their hands at Aberdeen, some not even watching the game, is unacceptable.

I was right behind them until this. We sit in west enclosure and sing as much as we can without many others joining in but I would never give up supporting my team in the quarter final of a cup against Aberdeen. No matter what.

I also don't believe for one minute moving from BF1 to BF3 will improve the atmosphere at all, it won't change who joins in, it won't change the other 48k who don't sing, it won't change a thing in terms of atmosphere.

I’m sorry mate but to have the best signing section at Ibrox sit on their hands at Aberdeen, some not even watching the game, is unacceptable.

I was right behind them until this. We sit in west enclosure and sing as much as we can without many others joining in but I would never give up supporting my team in the quarter final of a cup against Aberdeen. No matter what.

Back