"Ibrox" without the unionbears

The UB lad is needing to contact SG and get him on side so they get there move for the start of next season.
100% this.

Guaranteed that SG will want a constructive conclusion to this. He knows how important atmosphere is. Seems our board are out of sync on this.

DK might well be from Castlemilk, when it was all shiny and new, plus he went to a private school. I don’t know many scheme kids that did that. All that aside, DK is very rarely here. He is not fully engaged in the day to day running of Rangers as he spends most of his time where he stays, in SA.
The attention therefore, turns to the board members who are involved.

Right, so you are looking for someone, from a scheme, which is run down, who didn't go to a good school, who lives in or near to Glasgow and is qualified to sit on the board of Rangers.

Let’s stick to this specific issue. The club cares about all our supporters - to prioritise a request from one group without due consideration/consultation to another is a slippery slope. If there was a proposed move other supporters would need to be offered alternatives (such as clubs like palace have done). These things can be done but for it to appear a few weeks before ST renewal info is finalised was too late imo.
Not too late. How much notice do they need?? It's a simple communication with a simple outcome.

The club are failing on lack of movement to improve the atmosphere at Ibrox which is almost at an all time low. AND they are failing on disabled facilities. There is NO excuse for not having dealt with either.

Right, so you are looking for someone, from a scheme, which is run down, who didn't go to a good school, who lives in or near to Glasgow and is qualified to sit on the board of Rangers.

Nailed it. I’d be prepared to take on the roll if you can help set it up for me.

Let’s stick to this specific issue. The club cares about all our supporters - to prioritise a request from one group without due consideration/consultation to another is a slippery slope. If there was a proposed move other supporters would need to be offered alternatives (such as clubs like palace have done). These things can be done but for it to appear a few weeks before ST renewal info is finalised was too late imo.
I’m sorry but that’s absolute jibberish.

Not too late. How much notice do they need?? It's a simple communication with a simple outcome.

The club are failing on lack of movement to improve the atmosphere at Ibrox which is almost at an all time low. AND they are failing on disabled facilities. There is NO excuse for not having dealt with either.

This season the atmosphere at Ibrox has been amazing in many big games (the last few aside for obvious reasons).

Disabled facilities have been identified and work to progress that is being done.

The club has had continual works done on it in the last few years with millions being spent on Ibrox and the training centre. All this takes time. This summer we will have a packed programme on repairs and improvements

The comparisons with Madrid and Palace.
Do they have as high a percentage of seats allocated to designated season ticket holders? I don't know.

Is your simple communication basically just to tell season ticket holders in the area wanted by the Union Bears they are moving, like it or not?

If the club wrote to me and informed me that they were undertaking project which meant that the outcome was for the better of the matchday atmosphere I would be fine with it.

And I would be aware that have never owned my bit of plastic.

If the club wrote to me and informed me that they were undertaking project which meant that the outcome was for the better of the matchday atmosphere I would be fine with it.

As someone who is motivated for safe standing I would expect that to be your position.

Do they have as high a percentage of seats allocated to designated season ticket holders? I don't know.

Is your simple communication basically just to tell season ticket holders in the area wanted by the Union Bears they are moving, like it or not?
If some of the people in BF3 wanted to remain and be part of the new "set up" then I don't think there would be much of a problem.

For every situation there is a solution. Nothing is impossible.

They won’t be as high. We will likely be one of the highest clubs around.

You have to agree that rewarding loyalty has also got to be considered though. There are people who have bought season tickets for years, decades, who have supported the team through thick and thin, particularly recently. Who have kept the club alive by buying their season ticket to go and watch bottom division football.

It can't be as simple as telling them "We are moving you, like it or lump it". Is that really how you want the club to behave.

You have to agree that rewarding loyalty has also got to be considered though. There are people who have bought season tickets for years, decades, who have supported the team through thick and thin, particularly recently. Who have kept the club alive by buying their season ticket to go and watch bottom division football.

It can't be as simple as telling them "We are moving you, like it or lump it". Is that really how you want the club to behave.
We're not taking big numbers here. And if they want to stand and sing in that area then they can.

There is a solution to everything.

The club don't seem to be looking for solutions. The seem to be looking for excuses and reason to avoid. That's weak.

We're not taking big numbers here. And if they want to stand and sing in that area then they can.

We are talking hundreds or Rangers supporters surely, and a reasonable number of them can't or won't want to stand for two hours.

I support safe standing, all I am saying is that "You are getting moved, like it or lump it" is not the best, or even proper, way to achieve it.

Coming back to safe standing the UB are aware of the issues that need to be addressed to get this over the line.

That’s the starting point. I’m looking forward to sitting down with them as I feel that will be productive.
Let's hope so. But I'd suggest the fact that they have been continuing with this protest indicates that there is a wide gap in terms of constructive common ground.

We are talking hundreds or Rangers supporters surely, and a reasonable number of them can't or won't want to stand for two hours.

I support safe standing, all I am saying is that "You are getting moved, like it or lump it" is not the best, or even proper, way to achieve it.
Like with anything in life, if we are to move forward, decisions have to be taken. Nothing can stay the same forever. That's half the problem with Ibrox and why we are are where we are.

A reminder that no-one owns their seat.

The club have to be assertive in this. But I won't hold my breath.
Well that works both ways, and if the club say they are not willing to move season ticket holders tough, you can stay in the seats that you don’t own. Your attitude stinks you couldn’t careless about any other supporter apart from the UB. Will say it again I’m alright jack syndrome

Let's hope so. But I'd suggest the fact that they have been continuing with this protest indicates that there is a wide gap in terms of constructive common ground.

They have agreed to meet and I’ve spoken with many of them since. I don’t think we as a club are on bad terms. They have made the choice they felt was best to highlight their wishes and believe that will help them achieve their goals

I think dialogue will achieve them so hopefully we can get working on it

This season the atmosphere at Ibrox has been amazing in many big games (the last few aside for obvious reasons).

Disabled facilities have been identified and work to progress that is being done.

The club has had continual works done on it in the last few years with millions being spent on Ibrox and the training centre. All this takes time. This summer we will have a packed programme on repairs and improvements
Its been “amazing” in two or three games.

Its not, and who is proposing that?

It should go the same way Palace did it. Offer them the chance to stay but inform them that UB will be moving in to the section & it’ll be turned in to SS, if they dont want to stay they can move to another area with incentives offered (such as money off ST etc).

“I’m not moving, like it or lump it” also isn’t the best, or proper way, to act here.

Its not, and who is proposing that?

It should go the same way Palace did it. Offer them the chance to stay but inform them that UB will be moving in to the section & it’ll be turned in to SS, if they dont want to stay they can move to another area with incentives offered (such as money off ST etc).

“I’m not moving, like it or lump it” also isn’t the best, or proper way, to act here.
Too much sense mate.

They have agreed to meet and I’ve spoken with many of them since. I don’t think we as a club are on bad terms. They have made the choice they felt was best to highlight their wishes and believe that will help them achieve their goals

I think dialogue will achieve them so hopefully we can get working on it
Which is why I have been 100% behind their protest since day one. It was a necessary evil - and will be until a sensible conclusion is reached.

Well that works both ways, and if the club say they are not willing to move season ticket holders tough, you can stay in the seats that you don’t own. Your attitude stinks you couldn’t careless about any other supporter apart from the UB. Will say it again I’m alright jack syndrome
Say what you want, but all I want is to avoid another 20 years of poor atmosphere within our stadium.

There is nothing "to look into" with regard to safe standing.

Just the club dragging its heels and delaying tactics as usual.

I back the UB's stance 100%.

Given the club are clearly spending money on the stadium given the work to the roof etc then maybe rather than “dragging their heels” the board have decided that other work in the stadium is of a higher priority?

I can think of a quite a few things I’d personally rather happen to the stadium than spending money on safe standing!

Personally I don’t care where the UB sit/stand. If they get what they want then fine.
If they don’t then I really don’t care

There is a solution to everything.

The club don't seem to be looking for solutions. The seem to be looking for excuses and reason to avoid. That's weak.

You could argue a solution is turning BF1 safe standing, and nobody needs to move.
That's called give and take.

Why would you put safe standing in BF1?

Why not?

Those who want it most are there already. Minimum inconvenience for the 45000 who aren't fussed anyway but like where they sit.

You could argue a solution is turning BF1 safe standing, and nobody needs to move.
That's called give and take.
That would be a ridiculous solution. The physical location is the issue.

What other clubs have their main group of singers in such a location? It just doesn't happen (apart from at Palace where they have now resolved this)

What other clubs have their main group of singers in such a location? It just doesn't happen (apart from at Palace where they have now resolved this)

Which basically means your talk of a solution is just give the UB whatever they want and anyone unhappy is just collateral damage and their tough luck.

You keep telling us that the UB make a great atmosphere where they are. So location must be fine.

Which basically means your talk of a solution is just give the UB whatever they want and anyone unhappy is just collateral damage and their tough luck.
What they are looking for is not unreasonable and happens to similar groups all round Europe and beyond.

Christ, the MLS has a better set up on this kind of thing and they accommodate their singing sections better.

Why not?

Those who want it most are there already. Minimum inconvenience for the 45000 who aren't fussed anyway but like where they sit.
Everyone is already standing in BF1, why would you put it there? Its also terrible location for creating an atmosphere.

There is a rather large % of fans who want safe standing in Ibrox, and a lot of them would be wanting to move to the sections that get it installed. Stop trying to make it out like this is just for UB, theres plenty people like me who would move to a SS section.

You keep telling us that the UB make a great atmosphere where they are. So location must be fine.
We should always be looking to do things better.

They have made the best out of a bad situation where they are. Next stage is to improve on that.

Reactions: JMA
What they are looking for is not unreasonable and happrns to similar groups all round Europe and beyond.

Christ, the MLS has a better set up on this kind of thing and they accommodate their singing sections better.

The problem with all these comparisons is very few, if any, of the other clubs who have done this have such a high proportion of seats sold as season tickets. I'm not in an area the UB would want, so I'll be ok either way.

But I still think the vast majority who pay their money to go to Ibrox don't care about this issue. But those who will get forced to move will think it unreasonable, and it saddens me how little their opinion is thought of here.

Everyone is already standing in BF1, why would you put it there? Its also terrible location for creating an atmosphere.

There is a rather large % of fans who want safe standing in Ibrox, and a lot of them would be wanting to move to the sections that get it installed. Stop trying to make it out like this is just for UB, theres plenty people like me who would move to a SS section.

I've never been asked about safe standing in the 35 years of my season ticket. How do we know a majority want it?
Was there a survey and I missed it?

The UB can get round the table with the club. But it feels pretty pointless when the club seem determined to keep Ibrox as a library.

I'd like our manager at such a meeting. I know what side he would be on.

Incredible.

As is folk on here dismissing the points of the official SLO and telling him where there's seats available.

It's getting to be ridiculous now. We get the point, they want safe standing, the Club have other priorities. Get on with it.

I've never been asked about safe standing in the 35 years of my season ticket. How do we know a majority want it?
Was there a survey and I missed it?
Yes there was, a survey put out by Rangers at the start of the season. Led to believe that only a tiny % didn’t want it, or “didn’t care” such as yourself.

Yes there was, a survey put out by Rangers at the start of the season. Led to believe that only a tiny % didn’t want it, or “didn’t care” such as yourself.

I must have been too busy making my Horlicks and missed it. Any idea how many took part in it?

The survey identified that 10% of ST holders surveyed was against Safe Standing.

Of the 5800 odd ST holders who took part in the survey just under half wanted to move to a safe standing area.

The broomloan was highlighted as the most desired area for safestanding.

I must have been too busy making my Horlicks and missed it. Any idea how many took part in it?
No idea.

Will you give it a rest about a subject you “dont care” about now?

I’m sure I’m not the only one extremely bored of your little crusade against UB, despite this issue being bigger than UB. Its beyond tedious.

It's getting to be ridiculous now. We get the point, they want safe standing, the Club have other priorities. Get on with it.

There’s nothing stopping the club moving those in BF1 to 3 for the start of next season.
FFS the atmosphere would be 10xs better than the library it is just now.

Players would respond aswell.

The survey identified that 10% of ST holders surveyed was against Safe Standing.

Of the 5800 odd ST holders who took part in the survey just under half wanted to move to a safe standing area.

The broomloan was highlighted as the most desired area for safestanding.
Cheers mate.

There’s nothing stopping the club moving those in BF1 to 3 for the start of next season.
FFS the atmosphere would be 10xs better than the library it is just now.

Players would respond aswell.

The decision has been made by the club. They looked at it and it’s not possible for this season coming. That decision is what kicked off the protest.

Back