Rossiter loan confirmed

You know what Andy, just for all your updates, and of course for Rossiter, I'm rooting for you guys to win that league.

I know you don't want to get carried away, as Lincoln are ahead with a game in hand, but with them still to go away to Mansfield I hope you take them to the wire.
Thanks for that. hopefully we will win the league but in all honesty as long as we get promoted out of this terrible league we are not too fussed whether it's first,second or third. The football we play is the best since the 1960's but we keep getting done by pub teams launching long throw-ins and hoofball into our box. Last night they had 10 men behind the ball for 90 mins and their only means of attack was some guy with a 50 yard throw.

Thanks for that. hopefully we will win the league but in all honesty as long as we get promoted out of this terrible league we are not too fussed whether it's first,second or third. The football we play is the best since the 1960's but we keep getting done by pub teams launching long throw-ins and hoofball into our box. Last night they had 10 men behind the ball for 90 mins and their only means of attack was some guy with a 50 yard throw.

Sounds like the SPFL mate.;)

Noticed Bury won 1-0 with a 95th minute goal today, looks like Rossiter played the full game again.

Now we wait patiently for Andy's report!
Just in after a 4 hour drive home. What an awful game played in gale force winds. Both sides unable to control the ball but Stevenage should have wrapped it up with 5 mins to go when they blew a one-on-one with our keeper. Utter chaos then in the away end when Rossiter's cross is flicked on and falls to Maynard to bury it with 60 seconds to go. As usual Rossiter was the one breaking up attacks and covering for about 3 other players. He got a nose bleed at one point when he appeared on the edge of their penalty area. Without him in the team I think we would have lost today. He has played 180 mins for the last few weeks with no signs of tiredness. We just have one game a week now (apart from Easter). We should be secure for a play-off place so now to aim for automatics.

Just in after a 4 hour drive home. What an awful game played in gale force winds. Both sides unable to control the ball but Stevenage should have wrapped it up with 5 mins to go when they blew a one-on-one with our keeper. Utter chaos then in the away end when Rossiter's cross is flicked on and falls to Maynard to bury it with 60 seconds to go. As usual Rossiter was the one breaking up attacks and covering for about 3 other players. He got a nose bleed at one point when he appeared on the edge of their penalty area. Without him in the team I think we would have lost today. He has played 180 mins for the last few weeks with no signs of tiredness. We just have one game a week now (apart from Easter). We should be secure for a play-off place so now to aim for automatics.

Brilliant to see him getting through a heavy schedule with no problems. Also great to see Bury get another win, automatic promotion is yours to throw away by the looks of things.

Checked the score just before I drove home and it was 0-0 in injury time so I thought that was that
Delighted when I came on here and saw Bury got a 95 min winner
Great stuff m8!

no update this week due to it pissing down all Friday night. Son bought me tickets for hospitality as well for my birthday. Hope you give Stevie G another season, most of our fans wanted Ryan Lowe replaced this summer but he has matured unbelievably as a manager this season.

Glad hes getting game time. Hopefully he'll make it to the end of the season injury free.

How did he get on today?

I see the game finished 0 - 0
It was a pretty poor game as it always tends to be when the home side sets up for a 0-0. Plenty of energy and crunching tackles from Rossiter again, possibly shaded MOTM. Only complaint was that he had a couple of good shooting opportunities from around 25 yards but seemed reluctant to take them on and passing sideways instead. Got a nasty knock in the first half but ran it off within 5 minutes. He is the good old fashioned midfield terrier ! Was still running in the 90th minute like it was the 1st.

It was a pretty poor game as it always tends to be when the home side sets up for a 0-0. Plenty of energy and crunching tackles from Rossiter again, possibly shaded MOTM. Only complaint was that he had a couple of good shooting opportunities from around 25 yards but seemed reluctant to take them on and passing sideways instead. Got a nasty knock in the first half but ran it off within 5 minutes. He is the good old fashioned midfield terrier ! Was still running in the 90th minute like it was the 1st.
Would you say he's comparable to McCrorie?

Sign of a good team when the opposition do that at home.A shame you never got all 3 but it’s another point in the bag.
Upwards and onwards m8

I noticed bury actually have some decent players in their squad.

Jermaine Beckford
Neil Danns (pretty sure we were close to buying him a while back)
Nicky Maynard

And of course - JR!

Fingers crossed they go up this season.
I live in Manchester so will try to get along to a match this season.

I noticed bury actually have some decent players in their squad.

Jermaine Beckford
Neil Danns (pretty sure we were close to buying him a while back)
Nicky Maynard

And of course - JR!

Fingers crossed they go up this season.
I live in Manchester so will try to get along to a match this season.
All are welcome ! Beckford will probably never kick another ball for us as he is out for the season and is possibly our biggest earner so will be let go in the summer. Danns has just scored for Guyana and is our international star lol - ironically being kept out of the team by Rossiter. Maynard we snapped up on a free as our manager used to play with him. Miles too good for this league and will probably move on in the summer.

First of all, I hope none of you had us in an accumulator. We were dire. Not one player got more than 5 out of 10. I could moan for 2 hours but I know you just want to know about Rossiter. Possibly his worst game for us today, tried to get involved but nothing seemed to go right. Like last week he got a knock early on but ran it off. In the other thread comments were made about him being too good for our league but I am afraid he was no better than the other 10 today. His workrate is outstanding but his passing is always sideways or backwards - there is never that defence splitting pass. Maybe we have brought him down to our level (tongue firmly in cheek). Hopefully just an off day and he will be back to his best on Tuesday. PS Good luck tomorrow lads.

First of all, I hope none of you had us in an accumulator. We were dire. Not one player got more than 5 out of 10. I could moan for 2 hours but I know you just want to know about Rossiter. Possibly his worst game for us today, tried to get involved but nothing seemed to go right. Like last week he got a knock early on but ran it off. In the other thread comments were made about him being too good for our league but I am afraid he was no better than the other 10 today. His workrate is outstanding but his passing is always sideways or backwards - there is never that defence splitting pass. Maybe we have brought him down to our level (tongue firmly in cheek). Hopefully just an off day and he will be back to his best on Tuesday. PS Good luck tomorrow lads.

Much appreciated Andy. Good luck on Tuesday.

Hopefully just an off day for Bury and Rossiter.

Been a great run of form so sure it'll just be a blip.

Hopefully just an off day for Bury and Rossiter.

Been a great run of form so sure it'll just be a blip.
Hopefully, but the signs were there in the last 2 games. Everything went wrong - we lost, our 3 main contenders won, our best player got sent off (3 game ban) and B*lton won 2-1 away. I need a lot of beer tonight !

Was at the game today, Bury pretty poor Swindon deserved the win, Rossiter didn't stand out in that team today but most of the team were below par.

PS Stewards don't mess about.

You have good days and bad days. Today didn't sound like your day so if 11 are under par well that's just it.

I hope JR gets the rest of the season under his belt and can start getting into our team next season .

Be an off day next Saturday once the mighty Cumbrians get a hold of you.Then again maybe not as Pressley has been the disaster I thought he would be

Seems like you guys are having a bit of a ‘blip’ as the business end of the season approaches. Sometimes you need to just knuckle down and grind out the draws or the lucky win you need to get you back on track. Hopefully midweek sees you back to winning ways.

JR maybe ‘tiring’ after the longest run of games he’s had in a while?

Seems like you guys are having a bit of a ‘blip’ as the business end of the season approaches. Sometimes you need to just knuckle down and grind out the draws or the lucky win you need to get you back on track. Hopefully midweek sees you back to winning ways.

JR maybe ‘tiring’ after the longest run of games he’s had in a while?
The whole team seemed 'tired' today for some reason. Nothing would happen for us and we just became more and more frustrated until Mayor got hacked down the the 200th time and retaliated and got sent off. Can see us blowing this big time. Massive game in hand on Tuesday.

The whole team seemed 'tired' today for some reason. Nothing would happen for us and we just became more and more frustrated until Mayor got hacked down the the 200th time and retaliated and got sent off. Can see us blowing this big time. Massive game in hand on Tuesday.
Mayor on his day looks like one of the best in the league as well, big loss if he's out for 3 games

Hopefully, but the signs were there in the last 2 games. Everything went wrong - we lost, our 3 main contenders won, our best player got sent off (3 game ban) and B*lton won 2-1 away. I need a lot of beer tonight !
Watched the highlights on EFL earlier. I would be raging at your man getting sent off like that tbh. Reacting to an admittedly bad challenge like that was uncalled for. Let his team mates down.

It is not difficult to understand why Rossiter was the captain of the young England team. He displayed real leadership qualities tonight and even when the game had become a bit of a lost cause, he kept trying to drive on his teammates. Quite glad that Portsmouth have progressed. In the same way as Rangers, that club were victims of some very dubious characters but the efforts of their supporters enabled Portsmouth to turn the corner.
I sincerely hope the likes of Rossiter and Docherty are given a chance at Rangers,certainly in Jordan's case I think we're well overdue a season or two from him and I think they could be a couple of aces for us.

Back