Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

We are getting closer to them. Maybe they're just getting worse, I don't know.

But we played that game with very little to offer in midfield - Jack was really poor and McCrorie was anonymous for stretches of the game. We're playing with a central defender with delusions of grandeur about his own ability. We played with 10 men for most of the game, thanks to our talented but brainless striker. We handed them 2 goals on a plate.

Yet in spite of all of that, we deserved to take something from the game; the second half was spirited and we had some decent spells of football.

We have to fix the midfield. Top priority for me.

Unsure how to take that. Feels worse than the rout that was expected after the red card. Scored a good goal and had a few reasonable opportunities. McGregor has only had to make one save in the second half.

Tav, made 1 mistake and the horders are out calling for him to go. It was a short pass but maybe he expected movement. Anyway we played well 2nd half. Pity we wont have kent as he is the player that we need. Also Morelos has had too many chances. Need a time on the sidelines to grow up. Still want him here next season mind.

The number of times our defensive players receive the ball being pressed and have to twist and turn against a forward player is ridiculous. A forward or midfielder will win those 9 times out of 10 and it usually results in a break with the defender left for dead.

Oh great! .... the value of Morelos goes down and now Kent has increased his. Just a side bonus of today’s events.

Game management is awful in this team. We need a leader with experience at the heart of that defence also. The time for the stupid wee kid we have up being our main man needs to be fixed also. A physical striker who can play up front in that role is a necessity. Preferably someone you might think might score with the head, or get a header down.

Gutted as they were there for the taking.

As much as we shot ourselves in the foot with individual moments of madness, the real disappointment for me was the way we Started the game.

How many times have we watched the team this season and know within the first 5mins if they are up for it or not?

A slight positives today is that Kamara looked back to his best. Give him the ball in tight situations and he will keep it, not only that, he will find a blue jersey too.

Horrible mistake from Tav but he was also instrumental in getting us back into the game.

Emotions running high but some very poor comments on him already in here.

Par for the course.

I'm proud of the players efforts in the second half, huge effort to turn that game around and they had.

So heartbreaking to throw it away like that. I'd almost rather have got beat 3-0.

I really, really, really want to post Browns home address, but it's not worth the jail time.

Look away @Yer da , he's a classless bastard who couldn't spell sportsmanship if you branded it on his flesh to show him.

A pig rolling around with the shit at the Piggery...no more, no less.

When we were strong and ourselves 7/8 years ago this prick was an also-ran. They needed to ball-fvck us, destroy the refereeing set-up in this country, access to well in to 100 million plus without a challenge and years of a head start to be barely a goal in front.

We can turn this around if we sell Morelos, add ten million and invest wisely.

We played well second half and got me thinking ws could even win it. The Jack sitter was crucial.

Both their goals from terrible passes from our own players.

Bottom line for me is winners find a way to win and losers find ways to lose.
We find ways not to win far too often.

Feeling weirdly optimistic after today’s game. That is the best they have got and with a full home support behind them. Genuinely think Gerrard would get the better of Lennon. Fingers crossed he gets the full time job.

Listen to this classless c@@t Broonaldo talking about flash points "Aye Halliday came up to congratulate me after the game" a captain and manager that club deserve

Still not a red for Alfie, anyone else does that and it's handbags.

Penalty denied

Broonaldo stone wall red

That stuff happens with Tavernier too often I'm afraid, consistently good but consistently lacking concentration at the worst times.

It's a sickener but I'd say we should be the happier set of fans today. Brilliant to get back in the game and really should have won it. I think their jubilation is them knowing the party is over. They're still a threat but nowhere near what they were and were not too far now. Unlucky Rangers, good effort.

Good player who is, unfortunately, a total loser. Should never be our captain. Can anyone honestly visualise Tav lifting a trophy for us? I can’t.
I can’t, no. I think Gerrard will regret giving Tav the captaincy. Too late now, strip him and you’d destroy his confidence and value. Catch 22

Proud of the 10 men second half. Really tough one to swallow and Jack and Worrel should have taken those chances.

Quite simply, we have given ourselves too much to do at the start of a game again.

how did Alfie cost us? It was 1-1 when Tav made the mistake ( again) so its his fault and he's never a capt of our club

Really? We played how long again with 10 men? How much extra running does that mean the rest have to do? We had to change our shape and game plan because of his petulance and inability to control himself.

Yes, Tav made the mistake for the goal, but how many mistakes did Worrall make? Why not blame Jack for missing the good chance?

We may not have got a result with Morelos on the park, but he cost us. He let us and the team down.

Penalty denied

Broonaldo stone wall red

That stuff happens with Tavernier too often I'm afraid, consistently good but consistently lacking concentration at the worst times.

It's a sickener but I'd say we should be the happier set of fans today. Brilliant to get back in the game and really should have won it. I think their jubilation is them knowing the party is over. They're still a threat but nowhere near what they were and were not too far now. Unlucky Rangers, good effort.
Agree in

Penalty denied

Broonaldo stone wall red

Agree on Morelos. It’s just not a red card.

It wasn’t a penalty though.

Arfield is not a bad player. Decent. But disappointing I think I thought he would score or create more goals. I think we need another player in that position. I think we need more quality in the middle of the park. I think airfield and mccrorie aren’t the type of players we need.

Kent was sensational in that second half scored a stunner put 2 on a plate. As I said hard to take but the ten men gave us everything in that second half, last season we would of lost 6-0 but we battled away superbly and we should be proud of the team, disappointing result but we couldn’t of asked for any more.

Anybody who thinks we aren’t a better team compared to last is absolute clueless, we are a few players short which I’m confident the manager will bring in this summer. Full trust and support of the manager.

WE WILL improve further next season.

Proud of our players today, great 2nd half, we are closer than people think, we play like we did 2nd half every game and we will stop dropping points. Ryan Kent top drawer today
Kent is the sort of player we need at the club. Comes alive on the big occasion. Almost every other player in our team, Defoe aside would have bottled it with the goal chance.

Sell Morelos and buy Kent is now looking good for me. Not sure now though who would want to buy Freddy as he will never learn. As for Tav could be a good midfielder with a decent right back behind him. Worral I have never liked and although close I prefer Katic.

We must now ensure we get second which will not be easy.

I expect Freddy and Kent will now miss games so Defoe and Lafferty should step up.

Remember we are Rangers and we never lose support for the worlds most successful club.

What a game of downs and ups. I will stand by Gerrard I believe he had a plan to stifle them and I appreciate they scored but they did not run away with it and our second half showing was excellent with 10 and you wonder what would we done with 11.

Alfredo I'm sorry is another Boyd and I never took to him and neither have I to Morelos. He excels against the weaker teams but his mental attitude leaves alot to be desired of for a Rangers player.

Winning the last game against them is a must to salvage anything from this season and show we are slowly moving in the right direction. It will come lads, we need to hold firm and calm our thoughts when alot around us will lose theirs.

Can we drop Tav and Morelos for the rest of the season please

You’re on drugs. You need to be with a comment like that.

Alfredo has been a dickhead today and Tav made one mistake, but those two account for almost half our season’s total goals and assists between them

Compared to last two season’s shameful capitulations, this squad at least has the right fight about them.

There are very few surrender monkeys in this squad.

Hugely disappointing to have gifted them this win but I am bloodied but unbowed this evening

Agree 100%.

Sick of a fullback costing us season after season. His job is to defend and until we get a defence that just defends days like today will keep happening.

I’m not intestered in his forward play, we should have midfielders, wingers or forward that should be able to do that job.

Get rid of him.
Be careful what you wish for, if I was to say to you we have a right back option, with England Youth and full international honours, European experience, Premier League appearances with man of the match displays hailed by Jürgen Klopp...that's Flanagan! He is fucking terrible!! Selling Tav or hanging him out to dry doesn't solve the issues and bringing somebody else in certainly doesn't guarantee you any improvements going forward

Morelos is a dumbfukk. He probably costs us as many big moments as he creates. What a talent, but it’s infuritaing having him getting sent off time and time again.

Great way to talk about our best player and biggest asset.
Shouldn't have reacted, but Brown initiated & faked the reaction.
Doubt we'll be reading that however.
Hope Alfie stays another season and leaves with a league winners medal.

Penalty denied

Broonaldo stone wall red

Agree in

Penalty denied

Broonaldo stone wall red

Agree on Morelos. It’s just not a red card.

It wasn’t a penalty though.

Really? We played how long again with 10 men? How much extra running does that mean the rest have to do? We had to change our shape and game plan because of his petulance and inability to control himself.

Yes, Tav made the mistake for the goal, but how many mistakes did Worrall make? Why not blame Jack for missing the good chance?

We may not have got a result with Morelos on the park, but he cost us. He let us and the team down.

Worral isn't the Capt , that's Tav and he fails at that.

Tav, made 1 mistake and the horders are out calling for him to go. It was a short pass but maybe he expected movement. Anyway we played well 2nd half. Pity we wont have kent as he is the player that we need. Also Morelos has had too many chances. Need a time on the sidelines to grow up. Still want him here next season mind.
I saw on the replay that Goldson was back pedalling just as Tav hit the pass, I think he was expecting him to keep coming forward

Back