Levein: Walker let down by Rangers

Walker will be hoping that Windass doesn't kick on and/or Nemane doesn't do the business or this move will not happen.

We made a fair offer. They refused it, hoping to extort more money from us. We told them to ram it.

As another poster brilliantly put it on the old forum, "Levein, ya where's wally paedo looking c*nt" LOL :D

Or alternatively Walker will now sign on for free, get a nice signing on fee and Hearts get %^*& all now which is nice.

Avril is just trying to twist actual events to try force Walker to sign a new deal

We will see how much we have let him down when he signs a pre-contract with us in December and we offer Hertz £200k take it or leave it option!

Hopefully clubs in the future will take note of our stance in the walker saga and realise we arent going to be held to ransom .
It may help shape their attitude to doing business with us

Using us to get the maroon spoon burners onside. He's a wa.nk, his clubs dying on its arse and he knows it!

Last year of his contract and desperate to leave, sad Hearts dug their heels in and demanded a ridiculous fee - offering £500k was generous imo.

Rangers are being painted as the bad guy for not overspending on a guy we can get for free next year?

The same Rangers that many claim brought doom to Scottish football by overspending in the past? :rolleyes:

The hypocrisy by these cunts is staggering

So we let Walker down by not paying £1m? I'm sure we never directly said to Walker "we are 100% signing you this summer". We'll see if Walker is so let down come January that he refuses to sign a pre contract in January. This is another reason I hope we take our normal Tynecastle allocation when it comes to the Murrayfield game, give Hearts no extra money whatsoever if they think they can publicity criticise our club over the Walker saga.

While not in the know
The story i heard re this is very different
And walker is not overly fussed as when he signs his pre contract in january its now worth 3k per week more for 3 years
His offer from rangers was aprox 6k per week if a transfer was paid .
Its now circa 9k
His wage on offer at hearts is 3 k
The same as lafferty but he has a comlicated bouns shedule.

My info comes from a hearts trust member who works at THE club

I do feel a bit for Walker as he has been the loser in all of this.

That article is absolute bollocks though.

I should also add hearts dropped their fee to 750,000 acording to same source .

Hes unsure of what rangers actulay offered as only levin and budge were priviy to this.

Just passing on what i was told

Did Hertz overprice the player in the last year of his contract to fund the main stand - I think yes
were Rangers right to not pay asking price - Yes

Its a no story - will Jamie Walker sign in January I think so Hertz end up with nothing for a player they could have got something for

Levein is a total wank and a hater of Rangers. %^*& him.

Walker will be will us for nothing or a very small fee. Hertz let Walker down no one else

Well didn't let him down.

We made it clear we wanted him, we made an offer, Hearts deemed that to be unacceptable so they rejected it.

We chose to then wait until January instead of bowing to them.

I don't get the 'Promises' thing. All we can do is 'promise' the guy we'll keep trying to get him up to the the very last minute, which we did. Not as if we've told him/his agent we're interested, turn the player's head but yet not bother trying to bid.

Surely that would disappoint the player more?

Its obvious we wanted him but weren't willing to pay what Hearts wanted, and rightly so if they were looking for £1million.

Surley we would have needed hearts permission to speak to Walker so either he is lying or we broke the rules

Avril and Budge hung the player out to dry trying to demand 1 mil for him when he can do a pre contract in a matter of months.

They made silly demands from Rangers that were never going to happen, and I am glad that the Rangers board never caved in.

Levein now needs to go grovelling to the player that he will need until January to bail him out, JW will imo sign a pre contract with us leaving them with nothing which pleases me greatly.

Surely if he is speaking the truth about these promises being broken, then they'd have cause to report us for tapping up a player? If they never accepted any offer, how were we making promises?

bitter that hertz fucked up. Now he leaves for free so he spits the dummy out. Face it mate... you fucked it

Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

The same speccy wank would be in the papers moaning if we had got him. "Big bad Rangers tapping up" or something similar.

The fee offered was reasonable and it was up to the seller to decide on acceptance. It is like buying anything where the price us negotiable. At the conclusion of the negotiations the seller has the decision to make. Hearts decided not to sell. QED.

If Hearts had valued Walker reasonably then he would be a Rangers player now.

There's no way anyone should be paying £1M for an uncapped Scottish player from the Scottish Premiership who only has a year left on his deal.

Do a pre-contract deal as soon as we can and he can join our squad for next season and Hearts get nothing or a small compensation payment.

This for me - how many other Clubs were putting in bids for the play - it looks like none!

Of course blame us who else can he blame?
He doesn't even have to open his mouth. The transfer window is closed, we didn't offer anything they wanted. There should be no blame, we couldn't work out an agreement so why the need to blame anyone? Just get on with it.

Did we promise him to pay the ridiculous fee Hearts were demanding? If not, Avril is talking pish.

Levein is a fuckwit and playing to the gallery of Hearts cuntish support.

What were we meant to do, write a blank cheque and let them fill in whatever price they wanted?

More a case of Hearts feel let down because we wouldn't just give them a million smackers for a boy in the final year of his contract, and could well sign for us on a pre-contract in January.

Tough shit Levein.

This guy has always been a lady's front bottom. Remember he was at Dundee Utd and he kicked up a stink after a certain game at Ibrox. Can't remember all the details but do recall him going ape shit.

Back