Where are the biggest Rangers/Celtic areas in Glasgow/Scotland?

When I was growing up in Knightswood it was almost entirely staunch, lots of shipyard workers and office types. The high flats in Kirkton Avenue brought about a mild infestation of tramps. The west end is quite mixed these days. I was on the train last Saturday and a few "middle class types" were wearing mhank scarves and they had the temerity to alight at Jordanhill. The train was crawling with filth who were heading for Dumbarton. The yahoos were singing IRA crap and, to their credit, the reasonable punters told them to shut up. You can imagine how queasy I felt.
I was brought up in Knightswood ,in our Street there was 1 tim

Love working in larkhall an hearthill both good proddy areas every house I go to I can openly talk abt the bears without having to pop the question (team dae ye support mate) an wait on the good answer where the jobs getting done right or the dreaded answer where I start the, f uck it not ma hoose attitude

Last edited:
Not in Scotland I know, but here in Blackpool we really outnumber them,. We also have the excellent, and recently extended Gallant Pioneer to meet, they have a crappy ex Catholic Church social club (they have been kicked out of all previous meeting places). One of their prominent members described Blackpool as the 'Larkhall of England", which was well appreciated by us Bears. :p

Springburn a real split I would say. Would still say a 60/40 lean towards us though.
I'd say most of the Springburn area (with the exception of Germiston given it's proximity to Royston) slightly favours us, so 60/40 sounds about right. Changed days from when I was younger and the tims were clearly in the minority.

Not that it's the most reliable measure, but Rangers stickers (usually UB ones) around Wallacewell Road are increasingly outnumbering mentally challenged ones, so maybe there's some hope in the young team.

See tbh Glasgow had its rangers an Celtic areas an ppl tended to stick to yer own, nowadays ppl will live anywhere an I don’t think there is more of them than us it’s just that the bastards are so obsessed with us they now want to live beside us

Port Glasgow is infested. Greenock getting there. Gourock is the last bastian of all that is good in the world down here.

The local council is trying to put a stop to that by removing the non-denom school from gourock and giving it to the tims. Trying to entise more into the area.

Alloa / Clackmannanshire has the following who run buses to every game.

Wee County True Blues RSC (double decker every home game, full coach every away game)
Alva & District RSC
Horseshoe Bar RSC
Alloa Royal Blue RSC
Amoruso True Blues RSC

There are also smaller RSC's that don't run buses.

The tarries have two buses that leave from Pepes, both of which have to pick up elsewhere to fill them..... manky tramps.
I love the Pepe’s Loyal flag! I met those boys at Inverness a few years ago.

I love the Pepe’s Loyal flag! I met those boys at Inverness a few years ago.
Haha, I got that flag made. We got our picture taken with it outside their pub before our bus left for an OF game, unfortunately lost that day so the flag was seen as a bit of a jinx!

Haha, I got that flag made. We got our picture taken with it outside their pub before our bus left for an OF game, unfortunately lost that day so the flag was seen as a bit of a jinx!
I must’ve spoken to you - you told me the story and showed me a photo on your phone. We were talking about my mate Greig who used to have the Abercrombie Arms in Tullibody.

I must’ve spoken to you - you told me the story and showed me a photo on your phone. We were talking about my mate Greig who used to have the Abercrombie Arms in Tullibody.
Aye it would have been me. I still see Greig back and forward, he's got a pub in Alloa now.

Anyone know what team Norway favours as it's just north of Fraserburgh?
Due to my good work the island of Stord is staunch. Well in reality they don't have much interest in Scottish football but anyone I've met knows the score. There are vert few RCs in Norway but like Scotland religion is becoming less important.

I’m from Ayrshire but I had to go through to Falkirk to work, I was pleasantly surprised at how staunch the factory was!

Good thread to get back up and running again for any new members that haven't contributed yet as to how their area is split be it in or outside Glasgow. Partick, Kelvinside, Drumchapel, Whiteinch and Yoker should definitely all have blue dots on the map on page 1 though.

Came across this Stade Rennais online fans forum earlier on and they have created a map of Glasgow showing which areas are more Rangers or more Celtic. Do you agree the map is accurate or do you think that some areas have been labeled wrongly?

Also, is your town more Rangers or more Celtic?

http://forum.stade-rennais-online.com/viewtopic.php?id=3085
Vlqx4.jpg
Having lived in Tollcross/Shettleston for 35 years between 1960 and 1995
Shettleston was always known as Rangers where as where I stayed in Tollcross was hoaching with the tramps

I don't think it's anywhere near the way it used to be years ago where certain areas were known as predominantly being one or the other.

One place I always smile when I pass is a place in the east end which I had only heard of until a few years ago but never knew anything about is Haghill just before going into Carntyne.

Union flags and red hand of Ulster flags are proudly hanging from people's house windows and streetlight poles.

It looks like a minature Shankhill road.

I'm no expert but I would hazard a guess that it's a very "Rangers" orientated little scheme.

Don't get much more staunch than Harthill.
Used to love going to visit family during the summer when I was a kid in the eighties, red hand & Union flags in almost every garden.
I watched the 82 world cup final in Harthill.
Great memories.

Peterhead is blue, stayed there for a few years. Infact Aberdeenshire as a whole is Rangers. Either that or I just keep good company.

From my experience there, it is 75% sheep/mentally challengeds. massive hatred up there for us

Aberdeenshire in general that is

Loyalist Linwood is 85%-15% Blue.
Springburn is 70-30 Blue. They have the Morven and the Bells. We have Shevlanes, the orange halls, the Masonic and Springburn bowling clubs. Also, noticing more and more bears frequenting the morven but don't tell that lot :cool:

Haghill, Bridgeton, Dalmarnock (what’s left of it) and Wellhouse in Easterhouse all Rangers.

Royston, Calton, and Blackhill are Celtic.

Out in northern north lanarkshire

Cumbernauld, Airdrie, Greengairs, Kilsyth, Glenmavis

All Rangers and strongly so

Croy and Coatbridge

The less said the better

Moodiesburn i dont honestly know, same with Caldercruix

From my experience there, it is 75% sheep/mentally challengeds. massive hatred up there for us

Aberdeenshire in general that is
Have to differ mate. Lived in Aberdeen from 1988-2000 & it's riddled, but the Blue Toon was a haven. The few scum families are well known. Foggy Loan & a dozen other villages are staunch too.

Have to differ mate. Lived in Aberdeen from 1988-2000 & it's riddled, but the Blue Toon was a haven. The few scum families are well known. Foggy Loan & a dozen other villages are staunch too.

aye mate, very possible peterhead is, but aberdeenshire/aberdeen in general is majority aberdeen/celtic and very anti Rangers

if you walked down union street wearing a Rangers top theres not a chance it would end hassle free :))

aye mate, very possible peterhead is, but aberdeenshire/aberdeen in general is majority aberdeen/celtic and very anti Rangers

if you walked down union street wearing a Rangers top theres not a chance it would end hassle free :))
Absolutely anti Ranger majority,but let it be known there are less papes in Aberdeen,than any
other city in Scotland.

Back