Where are the biggest Rangers/Celtic areas in Glasgow/Scotland?

Yes
Do you seriously think Celtic are bigger than Rangers?

Me personally no, but at the same time I didn’t realise so many areas of Glasgow and towns and villages were so overrun by mentally challengeds if we are to believe this thread.

Even any area which is Rangers, it’s always not what it used to be.

Every thread on pubs talks about how this and that pub used to be Rangers but is now Celtic .

Christ even in our capital city which has only a small RC population there is we are told not one Rangers friendly pub and we seem to have a smaller support than Celtic there.

If we are to believe these posts in these threads.

Govanhill has always had a good bluenose presence.

All of my friends bar one or two were bears.

Sadly most of the bars are now plastic paddy slophouses and reek of fiddle dee dee music and confused Glaswegians gather singing songs of a country they have never been to.

My local is not an overtly "rangers shop" but 99% of the clientelle are bears and it always has been since the day it opened.

Me personally no, but at the same time I didn’t realise so many areas of Glasgow and towns and villages were so overrun by mentally challengeds if we are to believe this thread.

Even any area which is Rangers, it’s always not what it used to be.

Every thread on pubs talks about how this and that pub used to be Rangers but is now Celtic .

Christ even in our capital city which has only a small RC population there is we are told not one Rangers friendly pub and we seem to have a smaller support than Celtic there.

If we are to believe these posts in these threads.
There's no doubt they are catching up but we are still miles in front

Just about every single post states it’s not what it used to be.

So given the RC pop hasn’t grown in 40 years it can only be from Protestants supporting Celtic.

I live in the shadow of the Garngad and even though it’s a big Celtic area there are still a good number of bears there but I'm making this up as I need attention: on this of districts of the city , some I’ve never heard of , which se to even more Celtic than there.

Worryingly going by this thread they seem to be the biggest club now and by a mile , as towns I thought thought were heavy Rangers are according to this now 50/50 or even worse.

I know a few guys who claim that when Ibrox turned all ST when Murray took over it cost us a huge amount of fans, it’s becoming hard to argue with that reading this thread.

It seems to me that most are posting that our majority is reducing in some previously overwhelming areas of Rangers presence. This in no way suggests that there are more of them, merely that they are infiltrating areas that were once almost out of bounds for them.
It is also true that a combination of factors give a temporary and false inflation of their infestation. They live in the grey and green hoops whilst we have suffered the embargo on strips in recent years, additionally they have crawled out of the woodwork (gutter) due to their temporary dominance.
We are on the way back, our football tops will be more and more prevalent and they will slink back into their sewers where they belong.
We are by a country mile the dominant and biggest support in Scotland and are hugely more represented in England than they are.
Stop talking shite.

It seems to me that most are posting that our majority is reducing in some previously overwhelming areas of Rangers presence. This in no way suggests that there are more of them, merely that they are infiltrating areas that were once almost out of bounds for them.
It is also true that a combination of factors give a temporary and false inflation of their infestation. They live in the grey and green hoops whilst we have suffered the embargo on strips in recent years, additionally they have crawled out of the woodwork (gutter) due to their temporary dominance.
We are on the way back, our football tops will be more and more prevalent and they will slink back into their sewers where they belong.
We are by a country mile the dominant and biggest support in Scotland and are hugely more represented in England than they are.
Stop talking shite.

Who’s talking shite, read the feckin thread.

Ayr! Now I don’t have a clue about Ayr been in it once , but I would have thought that would have been an overwhelming Rangers town but we have someone posting, presumably from Ayr and knows it far better than I would has said it’s now “full “ of them.

That to me says a majority of them.

North Lanarkshire I always thought had as many Rangers areas as Celtic but someone, again presumably from there says Airdrie is the only Rangers area in N Lanarkshire, and no doubt someone else will then tell us Airdrie is not as Rangers as it once was.

Once remember googling some you tube videos of Glasgow Neds and to my dismay everyone from Arden was clad in the green and grey which is a far cry from what I remember the area in the 70's.

Surprisingly however a similar type Blackhill version had most of them wearing Bears tops.

Ayr! Now I don’t have a clue about Ayr been in it once , but I would have thought that would have been an overwhelming Rangers town but we have someone posting, presumably from Ayr and knows it far better than I would has said it’s now “full “ of them.

North Lanarkshire I always thought had as many Rangers areas as Celtic but someone, again presumably from there says Airdrie is the only Rangers area in N Lanarkshire, and no doubt someone else will then tell us Airdrie is not as Rangers as it once was.

I have read the thread thoroughly. You seem to be taking a very negative view, whereas I just see a shift in demographics. There is more social movement and because of the mentally challengeds inclination to wear the green and grey at all times it gives the impression they are spreading.

There are not more of them they are merely spreading their unwelcome presence further afield. In fact their presence, unfortunately is being diluted in some areas as they infiltrate previous staunch areas in the hope of bettering themselves, whilst no doubt devaluing any area they move into.

I did not mean to insult you but your comment that they are now in the majority needs to be challenged as believe it to be way off the mark.

Tend to agree that you are talking shite

The amazing part of this thread is the number of folk equating religion to football loyalty. Only a tiny portion of folk even bother with religion nowadays. I work in Glasgow and as part of my job I have to take stats from all clients I deal with. Part of the councils "Reaching out to everyone " policy. Need to record age, gender, sexuality, religion, ethnic origin etc.
About 40% now state "none" under religion. The biggest percentage offering a religion each month is ALWAYS roman catholic. I would guess that it is a matter that they are less inclined to "drop" their religion than we are.
I think that less and less will religion determine who you support in Glasgow and it will become more like other cities like Manchester, Birmingham and London. The could be to our detriment as folk will naturally attach to winning clubs. Just my humble opinion.

He is. Celtic will never be bigger than Rangers. It's comical to even go there

Well why not tell the posters saying their area is full of them or overrun they are talking shite.

And where do you come from. Or are you going to tell me you come from a strong Rangers area, just not as strong as it used to be, or how you used to drink in a pub that was a good Rangers Bar but us now sadly a mentally challenged hole?

Again read the thread and what I’ve said.

Rutherglen traditionally has been Rangers although i feel its becoming more 50/50. Think we shade it at the moment

Royal Rutherglen. I’d say you’re right, same with Kings Park where I live. Always like to think we just shade it.

As someone else mentioned, the yahoos always wear their tops 7 days a week. Only washing it when it rains.

I think a lot of it is to do with the fact that Protestants/Rangers fans don't make as big a deal of it as they do.
We tend to get on with our lives ie. work, go to see the Gers, have a quiet drink in pubs/clubs and spend time with our families etc.
Ok there are exceptions but generally that's how I see us, whereas they are loud and always wearing mentally challenged tops or shouting about sellik.
If you check street checker site you will see that no G post code has more than 35% RC's and that includes Clydebank and Dumbarton where we are told are 19th Century Terrorist strongholds.
Ayr we are told is now full of them and RC population isn't even 12%.
I know this doesn't mean all the others are bears but there are only 3 19th Century Terrorist places in reality in Glasgow and surrounds and that is the three C's -
Coatbridge, Croy and Carfin

The amazing part of this thread is the number of folk equating religion to football loyalty. Only a tiny portion of folk even bother with religion nowadays. I work in Glasgow and as part of my job I have to take stats from all clients I deal with. Part of the councils "Reaching out to everyone " policy. Need to record age, gender, sexuality, religion, ethnic origin etc.
About 40% now state "none" under religion. The biggest percentage offering a religion each month is ALWAYS roman catholic. I would guess that it is a matter that they are less inclined to "drop" their religion than we are.
I think that less and less will religion determine who you support in Glasgow and it will become more like other cities like Manchester, Birmingham and London. The could be to our detriment as folk will naturally attach to winning clubs. Just my humble opinion.

And that is where your dad, brother, uncle etc come into the picture. Bring the kids up properly !

The Kingdom of Fie is predominantly blue...

When I was a kid,Possil,the Milton,Hamiltonhill,Springburn and Auchinairn were all good Rangers places...not sure nowadays.

Agree mate, although Lochgelly is a fucking mentally challenged hell hole!!

Is Dundee more Rangers or Celtic or is it more in Dundee United/Dundee's favour? Haven't seen it mentioned too much?

Plantation is staunch, unlike mentally challenged loving Kinning Park. :cool:

Plantation has two Presbyterian churches, an Orange Halls and Social Club, a non-dom primary school and a few bluenose bars.

Kinning Park had a chapel, RC primary school and The Stanley Bar, from which a Celtic Supporters Bus picks up.
you will never build a Chapel in the Plant(is the cry)proud to be part of the Plants Rangers/
Loyalist community.

Is Dundee more Rangers or Celtic or is it more in Dundee United/Dundee's favour? Haven't seen it mentioned too much?
Rangers and Celtic well behind the local teams. Tims have more due to the influx of some Irish back in the day, similar to what happened in other big industrial areas of Scotland. Still lots of good Bluenoses in Dundee though.

Always been told Croy is a roman sh*thole
Wee story my dad always told me . Made me laugh... When he was dating my mum late 50s he had joined the army.Well my mum's aunts cousins uncles etc all stayed in Croy.one Sunday my dad home on leave and in those days you worse your uniform went to croy to meet my mums relatives.. Sitting down to lunch and the bells of the pineapple start ringing out. Load... The family start all grabbing there coats etc n one says too my dad John .. are you coming.. my dad replies "were too"
12oclock mass. My dad says I'm CHURCH OF SCOTLAND.. .. NOT ONE OF MY MUMS RELATIVES EXCPT HER 2 BROTHERS N MUM CAME TO THE WEDDING ALL BECAUSE IT WAS IN a cos church the noahs arc in castlemilk.... My dad never forgave them for that.. bitter bitter people...

Nearly at 20,000 views for a thread created on Thursday! Absolutely no doubts about it that Celtic and Aberdeen fans have been creeping on here to boost the numbers.

I grew up in cardonald and it was def more Rangers than them however Lourdes was definitely 100% them for obv reasons however they were mainly from Pollok.

Penilee was def more Rangers though.

Now living on Skye and I would say more Rangers. Watched the last OF game in the Isles bar and it was 70/30 us was strange though watching a game in among them. Hadn’t done that since Oz. Not a whiff of trouble though
Thats because they won. There will be plenty of trouble when we start pumping them again!

Thats because they won. There will be plenty of trouble when we start pumping them again!

Not in Skye. I’m from Gladgow so don’t know many folk here but these were def friends who all obviously had grew up with each other on the island. They were all drinking with each other at the end.

Tims faces must be a picture to any of them living in Kinning Park when they see Nacho Novo's just opened up a new pub, first home game game it'll have been opened for today. Gets it right up any of them around Springfield Quay! Also see an increased number of Rangers scarves on show today down to the cold weather :D

The fhilth have slowly spread their fhilthy fingers into once diehard Rangers areas,My grandson is 8 yrs old and occasionally I collect him from school the school is riddled with mhankie bags scarfs and tammies, I live 2 minutes from the local academy and the fhilth gear is everywhere it wouldn't happen in my day,The fhilth do not just get their support from their traditional backgrounds they now have dyke jumpers I blame the parents.

The fhilth have slowly spread their fhilthy fingers into once diehard Rangers areas,My grandson is 8 yrs old and occasionally I collect him from school the school is riddled with mhankie bags scarfs and tammies, I live 2 minutes from the local academy and the fhilth gear is everywhere it wouldn't happen in my day,The fhilth do not just get their support from their traditional backgrounds they now have dyke jumpers I blame the parents.

This is partly due to our clubs lack of defending itself against attacks in the media.

Celtic actively go after publications, tv companies and radio stations as well as the individual reporter if they are attacked in any way in the media. They very easily cite anti RC/Irish racism or sectarianism as the reason behind attacks .

We don’t reciprocate.

Just look at how the Billy Boys is viewed by many in our own support nowadays, , “ a disgrace, shameful, should have nothing to with us “ is just some of the stuff I have seen in here.

Meanwhile over the city that mob embrace the Tim Molloys as part of their history , heritage and culture. Many of our own , who for some reason have a problem with the Billy Boys see no problem in calling them their own nickname Tim’s.

It’s incredible how they now drive the narrative of what’s good and what’s bad and we accept it.

Glad to see all the Rangers fans in town yesterday after Scotrail ballsed up the trains yet again with none running to Partick due to 'congestion' so were all going straight to Glasgow Central Lower. What I did notice though was that every beggar on Argyle Street up were in Celtic tracksuits, incredibly strange. Almost as if their charity foundation had been handing their merchandise out freely to those in need. Why haven't we thought of this?

What’s the 3 clubs? I only know of the BTB’s and the recently formed GRSC that leaves from the Springcroft. The more the better though.

Is the Loggy not a Gers boozer? What’s the mhanks pubs? I know the Thistle is.

Loggys more rangers than celtic but its owned by mentally challengeds, and you cant sing and bar you for fk all.

The 3 clubs from baillieston are baillieston true blues, something climson memorial which leaves from the rabby and a guy womble also runs another bus from the rabby not sure what they call themselves.

The mhank pubs are thistle, baillie, rhinesdale. - argyles ran by poets as well but thats just an old mans pub.

My Gran stayed in stanper
It’s crawling mate, lived in the area most my life. The last 25 years has seen a significant shift.

My Gran stayed in stamperland gardens for 30/40 up until 3 months ago and I’m 27 and I can genuinely hand on heart say in those 27 years I’ve been going to visit I seen maybe 2 mentally challengeds.

I’m genuinely intrigued by this.

Having spent my early years in the Falkirk area, let me tell you 90 percent of the toons and villages in Stirlingshire, most of the good part of West Lothian and heading into Lanarkshire are of the staunch variety, some even so staunch they fall off the staunch scale!
pumpherston in livingston is blue always has and will be.

Some would argue against that. You do have the Rangers club and some busses but you have that mentally challenged club too plus the Heritage, the poet schools etc.

I believe Renfrewshire as a whole with a few pockets here and there is Rangers.

Johnstone with the exception of spateston and the thorn rangers . Erskine and Bishopton are strongholds although the housing development on the old ordinance factory may change this .

Renfrew is 60/40 bears

Linwood only has one pape school and the local Clifford's are headed by Paul The Tim.:D

The City of Kulchur aka Paisley is more methylated spirits territory.

And last but not least Lochwinnoch is six finger country

Western Isles - Lewis, Harris, North Uist all blue.

Anything South is bandit country.

I’d argue that the majority of the highlands would be blue, a lot of bears travel from up north for Rangers games.
I know a guy from Brora who attends every Saturday\Sunday game, drives down and back on the same day, ten hours minimum of driving.

There are definitely more Peasants around in Glasgow these days. My own belief is hen pecked turncoats marrying into Peasant families and sending their kids to sectarian schools where a Rangers scarf is rarely if ever seen.

My Gran stayed in stanper

My Gran stayed in stamperland gardens for 30/40 up until 3 months ago and I’m 27 and I can genuinely hand on heart say in those 27 years I’ve been going to visit I seen maybe 2 mentally challengeds.

I’m genuinely intrigued by this.

Think we both know it's nonsense mate.

Latest posts

Back