Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Can it be clarified that Fergus McCann, often quoted as the guy who put Tommy Burns in his place when Tommy Burns vouched for Frank Cairney e.g in the article below, was still the Chief Executive in 1998?
1998 was the year the 4 year, 1998 - 2002, contract was signed and was also the year when Torbett was jailed for 2 years.
I'm not accusing McCann of being involved but what happened during his tenure as Chief Executive from 94 -99 where he didn't want the club associated with Cairney yet agreed to a £1m contract with a convicted paedophile the same year he was jailed.
Money for silence?

THE OTHER SIDE OF PARADISE
Scotland on Sunday 18/08/1996

"Last week, as the story developed from allegations against Torbett - who was suspended from the boys' club six days ago - to claims that Cairney fondled boys as they sat in the front seat of his car, many men with long associations with the club began to grow uneasy.
Former players backed Big Frank whom they knew as a "father figure" and Burns rushed out to Cairney's terraced home in Viewpark,
Lanarkshire, after receiving a call from the man he considers a close friend. Leaving his house the manager was reported to have said:
"He [Cairney] has the whole of my backing and that of Celtic Football Club to a man."

The following morning Burns must have been wishing he had bitten his tongue. Incandescent at his manager's assumption that the club
would back Cairney, McCann issued a statement. "While I sympathise with Tommy Burns' personal position as a friend of Mr Cairney,
the club cannot condone or defend or take sides in a matter which involves a criminal complaint," he said."

McCann was certainly in charge but I have to query this idea there was some kind of fixed 4-year contract. If it's true, can we have the original source?

The article I posted in post #5,559 by Charles Lavery only referred to payments to the Trophy Centre being stopped by CEO Ian McLeod in 2002. Nowhere does it mention that this contract only started in 1998.

In fact, one part of the article suggests these payments were long established:

A spokesman for the club said: "Celtic had a long-term contractual obligation with the Trophy Centre.

"This has now lapsed and we are opening up the supply of our merchandise to tender."

It is indeed a disgusting Web of corruption over at neverland
Everything ties in with mcginn and especially that creepy bastard Kelly being involved in Torbetts return and certainly complicit in the 86 sweep job

In Lawwell's letter he states
"We are constrained in what we can discuss owing to legal processes"

From my understanding the Police are currently talking to Bennell regarding pressing more charges.
(apologies if I have go this wrong)

Are these 2 connected - linking Bennell to Celtic?

Probably due to alleged links with McCaffterty

Thank you for your email about this matter which we take extremely seriously.

We value all our clients and customers and apologise for not replying to your previous email.

We abhor these crimes and our sympathy is with those who were the victims and whose lives were impacted.

We welcome both the Police investigations and the on-going inquiry which is being conducted by Celtic FC into this matter.

As a broadcaster it is essential that we remain completely independent and we will continue to work with all Scottish football clubs as part of our day-to-day business.

Best regards
Graham

Graham Bryce
Group Managing Director
Hits Radio Brand Networks

Just received this (the only response ive had from all sponsors) A bloody sham of a response. Furious to be honest.

Last edited:
Dear Alan

Thank you for your email about this matter which we take extremely seriously.

We value all our clients and customers and apologise for not replying to your previous email.

We abhor these crimes and our sympathy is with those who were the victims and whose lives were impacted.

We welcome both the Police investigations and the on-going inquiry which is being conducted by Celtic FC into this matter.

As a broadcaster it is essential that we remain completely independent and we will continue to work with all Scottish football clubs as part of our day-to-day business.

Best regards
Graham

Graham Bryce
Group Managing Director
Hits Radio Brand Networks

Just received this (the only response ive had from all sponsors) A bloody sham of a response. Furious to be honest.

Agree. Usual whitewash.

Watch using your own name mate. This mhob are all over this & not to be trusted.

A spokesman for the club said: "Celtic had a long-term contractual obligation with the Trophy Centre.

"This has now lapsed and we are opening up the supply of our merchandise to tender."

It would be interesting to know if they gained a new supplier and what were their yearly outgoings compared to the contract with the Trophy Centre.

The devil could be in the details.

What a cesspit this country is

Majority of mhedia suppressed the child abuse and never called for a full independent inquiry to find the full facts of who knew. Who covered it up. Who was given hush money who else was involved

SNP Govt ministers ignoring the victims and families and excluding sporting and religious organisations from the child abuse inquiry by Lady Smith

The sooner these alledged documentaries are aired the better

The sooner the English FA push for the SFA to investigate Bennell and other known paedos at Southampton Newcastle Man City Crewe and if Nonce FC are totally involved then football sanctions must be served on Nonce FC

The police should be arresting anyone guilty of hiding the paedos or paying hush money to victims and families as that is a crime

Nonce FC should never be allowed to forget their filthy past

I'm now starting to get more than a bit concerned, that the victims and their families are seemingly NEVER going to get the justice, accountability and compensation they richly deserve (to say the least) from Paedo FC :(

The SNaziParty are never going to hold a full scale public enquiry into this - they disgustingly put the Catholic vote before child abuse!

Even down here in the south of England, every time I try to discuss/post the TRUTH on social media - I get accused of bringing this up, just because I'm a Rangers man FFS! Some jungle Jims even having the brass neck to say had this not been Celtic, I would not be so venomous or even post anything at all............I responded to that with 'If Rangers staff did those monster acts and then covered them up for DECADES' - I'd never set foot in Ibrox again! ..........result - my comment deleted.

On one football Luton Town fans forum yesterday, my comments were also deleted when I countered about Celtic trying to sign young Hatters starlet James Justin - I pointed out why would JJ want to join a club that had covered up child abuse for over 40 years and were STILL getting away with covering it all up? ............the abuse I received from local Tims was staggering! ............each time I tried to respond with factual references in an adult mature way and that this isn't about whataboutery as a Rangers fan - my comments kept being deleted (what's this got to do with LTFC? was one response I had - (despite page after page of Brexit shite on there) ............well I've left that forum (Luton Outlaws) after years, for good now. Donald Duck them!

Back on track, am I alone in thinking these Joe hunts ARE going to get away with the biggest scandal to hit Scottish football EVER?

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there is no enquiry ( or if there is - it'll be their own internal fiasco only - & relevant authorities will use that as an excuse to not pursue matters further)

I can see them getting off relatively scott free - with maybe the odd out of court compensation settlement & a few unsavoury mhedia articles here & there - but nothing significant, substantial or remotely close to what they deserve

Can it be clarified that Fergus McCann, often quoted as the guy who put Tommy Burns in his place when Tommy Burns vouched for Frank Cairney e.g in the article below, was still the Chief Executive in 1998?
1998 was the year the 4 year, 1998 - 2002, contract was signed and was also the year when Torbett was jailed for 2 years.
I'm not accusing McCann of being involved but what happened during his tenure as Chief Executive from 94 -99 where he didn't want the club associated with Cairney yet agreed to a £1m contract with a convicted paedophile the same year he was jailed.
Money for silence?

THE OTHER SIDE OF PARADISE
Scotland on Sunday 18/08/1996

"Last week, as the story developed from allegations against Torbett - who was suspended from the boys' club six days ago - to claims that Cairney fondled boys as they sat in the front seat of his car, many men with long associations with the club began to grow uneasy.
Former players backed Big Frank whom they knew as a "father figure" and Burns rushed out to Cairney's terraced home in Viewpark,
Lanarkshire, after receiving a call from the man he considers a close friend. Leaving his house the manager was reported to have said:
"He [Cairney] has the whole of my backing and that of Celtic Football Club to a man."

The following morning Burns must have been wishing he had bitten his tongue. Incandescent at his manager's assumption that the club
would back Cairney, McCann issued a statement. "While I sympathise with Tommy Burns' personal position as a friend of Mr Cairney,
the club cannot condone or defend or take sides in a matter which involves a criminal complaint," he said."
I believe it was Matt McGlone who told McCann to 'get Burns to f**k' in regards the attempt to rehire Cairney.

I'm now starting to get more than a bit concerned, that the victims and their families are seemingly NEVER going to get the justice, accountability and compensation they richly deserve (to say the least) from Paedo FC :(

The SNaziParty are never going to hold a full scale public enquiry into this - they disgustingly put the Catholic vote before child abuse!

Even down here in the south of England, every time I try to discuss/post the TRUTH on social media - I get accused of bringing this up, just because I'm a Rangers man FFS! Some jungle Jims even having the brass neck to say had this not been Celtic, I would not be so venomous or even post anything at all............I responded to that with 'If Rangers staff did those monster acts and then covered them up for DECADES' - I'd never set foot in Ibrox again! ..........result - my comment deleted.

On one football Luton Town fans forum yesterday, my comments were also deleted when I countered about Celtic trying to sign young Hatters starlet James Justin - I pointed out why would JJ want to join a club that had covered up child abuse for over 40 years and were STILL getting away with covering it all up? ............the abuse I received from local Tims was staggering! ............each time I tried to respond with factual references in an adult mature way and that this isn't about whataboutery as a Rangers fan - my comments kept being deleted (what's this got to do with LTFC? was one response I had - (despite page after page of Brexit shite on there) ............well I've left that forum (Luton Outlaws) after years, for good now. Donald Duck them!

Back on track, am I alone in thinking these Joe hunts ARE going to get away with the biggest scandal to hit Scottish football EVER?

Good efforts mate. We aren’t dealing with normal people here. We are dealing with A TRIBE.
We only recently woke up to the fact that we’ve been in a propoganda war with this lot for decades.
We are fighting back now, and we’ll done to you.
NO SURRENDER !!!!!!

Just sent this email to my MSP

Dear Derek,

As you are or may not be aware ,there has recently been a lot of media attention about the alleged historic child abuse .which occurred at celtic f.c over the past 50 plus years.

I’m sure you and others within your party will have noticed the growing calls for a full,independent and transparent public inquiry into this issue and the implications it has had on its many hundreds of victims over the years.Can I ask,why your party have to date,completely buried its head in the sand in answer to such calls from other MSP’s and some sections of the Scottish media?.

I would like you,as my parliamentary representative ,to raise this issue in the Scottish parliament and ask the question at first ministers question time,when are we going to stop ignoring this serious matter and call for a full,independent and transparent public inquiry into the goings on behind the scenes at celtic f.c?.

I would also ask,why the government saw fit to conduct a child abuse inquiry into schools and other organisations but omitted “sporting institutions” ,does your government know something about this scandal and wanted to avoid it? ,surely ALL institutions ,sporting or otherwise,should,ve been included,hence the demands for an inquiry into this latest scandal.

Child protection should be of the utmost importance in society and governed properly by laws and child protection policies and I feel that to date,your government and governments before you ,have failed to investigate this matter properly,given the amount of evidence and convictions made in court over the years,surely it is time for your government to step up to the plate and demand justice by way of an inquiry for all the victims? , or does your government support such heinous crimes against children?.

There have been 6 criminal convictions against employees of this club or connected to this club ,one of whom has been jailed twice!!...that is 6 too many,we need the government to protect children and allow them complete safety in life.

As I stated,I would like you to raise this issue in parliament at the earliest opportunity and forward my concerns to your justice secretary ,as to date,he as been anonymous in any statement or action on this serious matter.

I would also welcome a detailed reply on what you,your party and your justice minister intend to do about this child abuse scandal an I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

This has a long way to play out yet, why the despondency? There is two documentaries to come yet and there is the drip drip of negative stories to come out yet. Just keep chip chip chipping away at Celtic Paedophile Ring, it's all going to come crashing down, sometime hopefully.

This has a long way to play out yet, why the despondency? There is two documentaries to come yet and there is the drip drip of negative stories to come out yet. Just keep chip chip chipping away at Celtic Paedophile Ring, it's all going to come crashing down, sometime hopefully.

Completely agreed. I think people just wanted to see it done quickly, but that's not how this works.

I also think people remember where they were when they heard we were demoted and how painful it was. Due to the lack of remorse or admittance of any wrong doing, celtic haven't felt that same feeling... And there's is much more deserved than what we felt.

I think many thought they'd just go to bed one night and wake up to news of Celtics crumbling.

Just sent this email to my MSP

Dear Derek,

As you are or may not be aware ,there has recently been a lot of media attention about the alleged historic child abuse .which occurred at celtic f.c over the past 50 plus years.

I’m sure you and others within your party will have noticed the growing calls for a full,independent and transparent public inquiry into this issue and the implications it has had on its many hundreds of victims over the years.Can I ask,why your party have to date,completely buried its head in the sand in answer to such calls from other MSP’s and some sections of the Scottish media?.

I would like you,as my parliamentary representative ,to raise this issue in the Scottish parliament and ask the question at first ministers question time,when are we going to stop ignoring this serious matter and call for a full,independent and transparent public inquiry into the goings on behind the scenes at celtic f.c?.

I would also ask,why the government saw fit to conduct a child abuse inquiry into schools and other organisations but omitted “sporting institutions” ,does your government know something about this scandal and wanted to avoid it? ,surely ALL institutions ,sporting or otherwise,should,ve been included,hence the demands for an inquiry into this latest scandal.

Child protection should be of the utmost importance in society and governed properly by laws and child protection policies and I feel that to date,your government and governments before you ,have failed to investigate this matter properly,given the amount of evidence and convictions made in court over the years,surely it is time for your government to step up to the plate and demand justice by way of an inquiry for all the victims? , or does your government support such heinous crimes against children?.

There have been 6 criminal convictions against employees of this club or connected to this club ,one of whom has been jailed twice!!...that is 6 too many,we need the government to protect children and allow them complete safety in life.

As I stated,I would like you to raise this issue in parliament at the earliest opportunity and forward my concerns to your justice secretary ,as to date,he as been anonymous in any statement or action on this serious matter.

I would also welcome a detailed reply on what you,your party and your justice minister intend to do about this child abuse scandal an I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards
Very good mate

Are the papers still running with the story, it seems to be strangely quiet when you consider the shitstorm we faced over the EBTs

In England there has been almost nothing on this story - in either the english newspapers or english t.v. channels

I understood there were limitations on reporting due to current, active or on-going legal issues - and was expecting the floodgates to open when the last court case was over - are there any un-finished legal proceedings still underway ?

In England there has been almost nothing on this story - in either the english newspapers or english t.v. channels

I understood there were limitations on reporting due to current, active or on-going legal issues - and was expecting the floodgates to open when the last court case was over - are there any un-finished legal proceedings still underway ?
I can only surmise this will go to court and septic are keeping their collective heads down as if it does then that’s when the press down south will take an interest.

Back on track, am I alone in thinking these Joe hunts ARE going to get away with the biggest scandal to hit Scottish WORLD football EVER?

Fixed that for you

No mate your definitely not alone.
This scandal and cover up has been going on for decades and it will take time and patience for the whole story and nature of all the guilty parties to be brought to the fore.
The Pandora's box has been opened and there is no closing it now,it's only a matter of time,how much time we can only guess for now.
The victims deserve justice, compensation and a full apology from them and they the vermin deserve every punishment that is coming their way,despite their denials and cover ups.

very soon they are gonna be linked with everybody Man.City,Crewe,Southampton and Newcastle for starters, they are right in the middle of it all and no-where to hide

Doesn't that mean they'll just play the "see it wasn't just us" card?

Doesn't that mean they'll just play the "see it wasn't just us" card?
No mate,it means they where part of a paedophile ring,which was just not at the pigpit but also organised right across Britain, but there
was at least 6 of them operating at cbc with the full knowledge of the club from top to bottom(pardon the pun) the cover up and subsequent denials also add to their guilt by association.

The headlines were coming thick and fast for a couple of weeks there, but it wasn’t going to keep up that intensity constantly. That was just the first salvo. Don’t believe for a second that this scandal is just going to magically vanish. Things are happening.

another 'blow'to seperate entity mince. From Celtic View 25/4/90 quotes from John Kelman their Chief Scout at the time(wonder what secrets he may hold)
24guee8.jpg

No mate,it means they where part of a paedophile ring,which was just not at the pigpit but also organised right across Britain, but there
was at least 6 of them operating at cbc with the full knowledge of the club from top to bottom(pardon the pun) the cover up and subsequent denials also add to their guilt by association.
Said it before and still believe it, who told them to say " Separate Entity " has backed them into a corner where all they can do or say will make them out liars one way or another might be mistaken but don't think they have used that term again since November was it

Said it before and still believe it, who told them to say " Separate Entity " has backed them into a corner where all they can do or say will make them out liars one way or another might be mistaken but don't think they have used that term again since November was it
No, they stayed quiet after McCafferty was found guilty, then they broke silence after about 4 days and they stated that they stood by the separate entity stance.

An own goal on their behalf,with so much evidence pointing to total opposite of their claim of them being a separate entity.
When you tell lies on such a huge scale you have to have a very good memory is very adept in this case.

An own goal on their behalf,with so much evidence pointing to total opposite of their claim of them being a separate entity.
When you tell lies on such a huge scale you have to have a very good memory is very adept in this case.

You also lose your credibility & them going to court & being proven to be liars during the case won’t help them at all ;)

Last edited:
At BBC question time now.

Just submitted my question, which goes in with everyone else's

let's see if they have the balls to let me ask it.

Will there be someone from the snp there mate?
Nail them why there not saying a word about it and if they aren’t there get the point over the Scottish government has said hee haw about the uks biggest sports scandal.

If you get asked ;)

Back