Joe Aribo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what you mean mate. Definitely a player in last season or two was meant to be all but signed with us but didn't happen can't remember who though.

I never mentioned Rangers, I dont know anything about a collapsed transfer at Rangers.

I must admit, he is a lot taller, more physical and far more mobile than I thought.

From what I've seen of his play, he can make a robust challenge, picks up the ball from a deep position and can drive forward, passing under pressure is good, first touch seems a bit so-so and he does seems to power up like a steam locomotive but once he gets going he seems very difficult to stop.

Also, a threat from Corners.

Has this guy ever played at a higher level than League 1? I think people are getting carried away here
He is 22 , not every good player has to come from a big club right away, plenty of good players have moved up through the divisions.

I am guessing you know absoloutely nothing about him and the fact he plays for Charlton doesn't impress you?

No signing is guaranteed to work out but a lot of teams are interested in him and if he decides to come to us then its a great coup.

Noticed that you’re a bit of a greeting faced fucker Heggy.

Not getting faced, just not jumping the bandwagon over a guy who has played in league 1 all his carrier. He may be decent but I think people are getting carried away. If he was that good he would already be snapped up by another English club who could offer fsr more than we could. Maybe I'm old school but I struggle to get excited by the signing of a guy plying his trade in the English 3rd division

My post

It’s never done till it’s done & he’s paraded

So bare that in mind

But I have enough information to say that baring a disaster he is Rangers bound & we are confident

Repeat it’s NOT done but looking great & I am very confident

Just back from having a little beverage, that appears to be great news.

If we are succesful can we expect Aribo to arrive on Monday, when SG and the majority of players return to training?

Maybe I'm old school but I struggle to get excited by the prospect of signing a player from the English 3rd division. He's 22 and I'm sure if he was in demand that much there's clubs who could pay him far more than we could would have already signed him. I want real quality, guys like this guy Greg Stewart aren't doing it for me. They won't even being guateteed a game. If we are going to make real progress free transfers aren't going to cut it. We need to start spending money as well as getting bargains

Not getting faced, just not jumping the bandwagon over a guy who has played in league 1 all his carrier. He may be decent but I think people are getting carried away. If he was that good he would already be snapped up by another English club who could offer fsr more than we could. Maybe I'm old school but I struggle to get excited by the signing of a guy plying his trade in the English 3rd division
You clearly have read %^*& all about this boy then considering he’s wanted by clubs all over England and Europe

Maybe I'm old school but I struggle to get excited by the prospect of signing a player from the English 3rd division. He's 22 and I'm sure if he was in demand that much there's clubs who could pay him far more than we could would have already signed him. I want real quality, guys like this guy Greg Stewart aren't doing it for me. They won't even being guateteed a game. If we are going to make real progress free transfers aren't going to cut it. We need to start spending money as well as getting bargains
It’s public knowledge that’s he’s got offers from Southampton and teams in Germany.

Dundee are probably low league two/non league level.

Kamara's done not too badly.

It’s public knowledge that’s he’s got offers from Southampton and teams in Germany.

Has he got an actual offer from Southampton or just speculation? If it's the former then I'd be very surprised if he gave up an EPL opportunity for the Scottish League.

I haven't seen any of the player so can't comment. But there are a number of people putting a lot of faith/pressure on this signing.

Has he got an actual offer from Southampton or just speculation? If it's the former then I'd be very surprised if he gave up an EPL opportunity for the Scottish League.

I haven't seen any of the player so can't comment. But there are a number of people putting a lot of faith/pressure on this signing.

It does seem weird how so many know he’s a good player when charlton must have been on sky about 4 times this season. Also if charlton were playing on tv I would be finding anything else to do rather than watch.

I hope he signs because the teams interested suggest there is a player there but I do feel people are whipping each other into a frenzy about an untested guy who’s been playing third tier football. A lot of pressure on his shoulders already so I hope he starts fast (if he signs).

Many seem excited about this player but in all honesty I’ve never seen him play, I’ve no clue as to what he will add to our squad in terms of quality and have no idea if he’s good enough for Rangers in terms of talent and character. So forgive me if I won’t get too excited about a player currently playing his trade with Charlton Athletic. If we sign him and he proves to be a talent, wonderful. If we don’t, we don’t.

I’m not daft enough to think it’s like the old days and we should be signing Gazza’s and Laudrup’s and De Boer’s etc. Equally I know we need to find those unheralded young talents, bring them in, develop them and sell them on for millions. That’s where we are. But I have to admit to struggling to get so excited about signing a lad from Charlton who’s done nothing really special thus far to warrant any excitement. I’d love him to sign, turn into a Morelos or Kamara that we instantly know will turn into something special, and I hope that’s what happens if he does join us.

Many seem excited about this player but in all honesty I’ve never seen him play, I’ve no clue as to what he will add to our squad in terms of quality and have no idea if he’s good enough for Rangers in terms of talent and character. So forgive me if I won’t get too excited about a player currently playing his trade with Charlton Athletic. If we sign him and he proves to be a talent, wonderful. If we don’t, we don’t.

I’m not daft enough to think it’s like the old days and we should be signing Gazza’s and Laudrup’s and De Boer’s etc. Equally I know we need to find those unheralded young talents, bring them in, develop them and sell them on for millions. That’s where we are. But I have to admit to struggling to get so excited about signing a lad from Charlton who’s done nothing really special thus far to warrant any excitement. I’d love him to sign, turn into a Morelos or Kamara that we instantly know will turn into something special, and I hope that’s what happens if he does join us.

Could have stopped at I've never seen him play' here, to be honest:))

I have seen him play a couple of times and he’s definitely talented and has the physique to cope with our league, but I do think some folk are going overboard and its not fair on the lad to pile those expectations on him before he’s kicked a ball.

I think we need to reel it in a bit here troops. The boy looks like a player but we are bringing him in from League 1, let's not put unnecessary pressure on the kid and expect him to come from that level and start bossing Old Firm games and Europa League ties without breaking sweat.

Aribo seems to have a lot of suitors which suggests he is a talent. Can't say I've saw him play but if our management team are keen on him it's good enough for me.

Think some on here are over playing the potential of signing him, so they can claim some type of superiority over others on here if Aribo is a big success for us.

I agree that posters are probably hyping him up a bit much. We don't know who else were seriously after him. However, by all accounts he bossed it in League 1, he appears at least Championship standard(generally the standard of top end spl sides such as us) and may be a standard higher than that. Also, he appears capable of doing the business at the business end of a football pitch - these type of players, if any good, are worth their weight in gold. Finally, if he does sign it will have been for minimum financial outlay.

I think we need to reel it in a bit here troops. The boy looks like a player but we are bringing him in from League 1, let's not put unnecessary pressure on the kid and expect him to come from that level and start bossing Old Firm games and Europa League ties without breaking sweat.
Very true. I’m confident he can perform for us and has the ability to be a starter, but its a different kettle of fish playing in front of 50k and having to win every game, when only a few years ago he was at Staines FC.

This is why I think we need another creative central midfielder on top of Aribo.

He is 22 , not every good player has to come from a big club right away, plenty of good players have moved up through the divisions.

I am guessing you know absoloutely nothing about him and the fact he plays for Charlton doesn't impress you?

No signing is guaranteed to work out but a lot of teams are interested in him and if he decides to come to us then its a great coup.
Jamie vardy came from non league football I'm sure

I don't think many people are expecting that, we should be excited if we manage to beat other clubs to his signature as he looks to be a talent, time will tell how good he will be.

If we are offering him 20k Gerrard must rate him very highly.

None of that however guarantees success but you can't blame folk for getting excited about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back