Joe Aribo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think many people are expecting that, we should be excited if we manage to beat other clubs to his signature as he looks to be a talent, time will tell how good he will be.

If we are offering him 20k Gerrard must rate him very highly.

This would be one of the first signings in many years that we have beat Celtic when head to head for a player if it’s to happen. Plus the only reason we even have a chance of getting him is because of Gerrard. It would be a big signing for us.

This would be one of the first signings in many years that we have beat Celtic when head to head for a player if it’s to happen. Plus the only reason we even have a chance of getting him is because of Gerrard. It would be a big signing for us.

It's similar to Souness - Stevie G has a personal pull guys like Lennon can only dream about.

He'll get a few signings over the line just because of who he is.

Transfer news LIVE: Rangers 'poised' to win race for Charlton star Joe Aribo

Rangers are set to win the race to sign Joe Aribo on a free transfer.

The Charlton midfielder has been the subject of interest from various clubs, including Celtic, but now looks likely to join Rangers - according to a report.
Aribo is out of contract at the London club and although they want him to move elsewhere in England for a better development fee, the 22-year-old has his heart set on Ibrox.
The Scottish Daily Mail say an agreement is close and he could be signed soon

Maybe I'm old school but I struggle to get excited by the prospect of signing a player from the English 3rd division. He's 22 and I'm sure if he was in demand that much there's clubs who could pay him far more than we could would have already signed him. I want real quality, guys like this guy Greg Stewart aren't doing it for me. They won't even being guateteed a game. If we are going to make real progress free transfers aren't going to cut it. We need to start spending money as well as getting bargains

You’re going to need to talk me through this part? You want us to target players we have no chance of signing?

True mate, i like to get excited about some signings but i am not naive enough to think every signing will work out because i know they don't.

I am confident this one will though.

The Charlton midfielder has been the subject of interest from various clubs, including Celtic, but now looks likely to join Rangers - according to a report.
Aribo is out of contract at the London club and although they want him to move elsewhere in England for a better development fee, the 22-year-old has his heart set on Ibrox.

Tickly bit !!

Not getting faced, just not jumping the bandwagon over a guy who has played in league 1 all his carrier. He may be decent but I think people are getting carried away. If he was that good he would already be snapped up by another English club who could offer fsr more than we could. Maybe I'm old school but I struggle to get excited by the signing of a guy plying his trade in the English 3rd division

Dave King and Stewart Robertson have authorised Mark Allen and Gerrard to bring in some quality on bigger money. An English Club would have to pay a large development fee plus match wages on offer. We only need to pay a small cross border fee. So it allows us to ensure we can go higher on wages to stave off competition. To give you an idea Danny Ings cost Liverpool £8M in development fees at a tribunaral

Dave King and Stewart Robertson have authorised Mark Allen and Gerrard to bring in some quality on bigger money. An English Club would have to pay a large development fee plus match wages on offer. We only need to pay a small cross border fee. So it allows us to ensure we can go higher on wages to stave off competition. To give you an idea Danny Ings cost Liverpool £8M in development fees at a tribunaral

Good point, this transfer although you can never know, seems a smart investment. If he progresses we should be looking at a good profit in next couple of years.

Oh yes!

Maybe I'm old school but I struggle to get excited by the prospect of signing a player from the English 3rd division. He's 22 and I'm sure if he was in demand that much there's clubs who could pay him far more than we could would have already signed him. I want real quality, guys like this guy Greg Stewart aren't doing it for me. They won't even being guateteed a game. If we are going to make real progress free transfers aren't going to cut it. We need to start spending money as well as getting bargains

They'd also need to pay a substantial fee for him though. That eats into the wages they can offer.

Bradley Dack signed from Gillingham to Blackburn
Ricky Lambert Bristol City to Southampton

Jamie Vardy. ...
Charlie Austin. ...
Gary Hooper. ...
Troy Deeney. ...
aye they were all mince tho :) I don't watch enough football now to know about current players I only go to our games and watch very few others look at the impact kamara made after a good few on here sayin he wouldn't get a game there's a team of people far more qualified than the majority on here identifying these players after the season we've had I'm happy to let them do thier job and welcome and back anyone that comes to the club one exception that a won't mention but I'll guess a good few people will know who a mean a greedy bastard ...

Sounds like a smart deal if you ask me. Out of contact, so minimal fee. And has a lot of interest so if it doesn't work out shouldn't be hard to shift. But the amount of interest and reports suggest he could be quite the find.

Remember Tav was playing at this level before signing for us.

Davis, Kamara, Aribo and Arfield... I’m wet. 4 Players who press, keep the ball well, tidy in possession and can make things happen.

If we want to compete on all fronts, then we need 6 quality mids.

Davis, Kamara, Jack, Aribo (if he signs), then at the moment the pecking order would probably be McCrorie, Rossiter/Doc.

Will that be enough, or will we go for someone else?

I've omitted Dorrans because of the talk surrounding his future and Arfield because if we're playing the Xmas tree formation he's more advanced.

Big pre season and opportunity to impress for Ross, Jordan and Greg imo.

Davis, Kamara, Jack, Aribo (if he signs), then at the moment the pecking order would probably be McCrorie, Rossiter/Doc.

I've omitted Dorrans because of the talk surrounding his future and Arfield because if we're playing the Xmas tree formation he's more advanced.

We still would need a creative mid like holtby , I know we can’t spend big but need to think outside boxes .

Do we fit them all in but. For me , we need to try. The midfield is the key area for upgrading.

I think injuries, suspensions and a bit of squad rotation means we'll fit them all in. Going into a season with, say, 5 or 6 first class midfielders are all too easily whittled down to 3 available midfielders for particular games or periods in the season.

Davis, Kamara, Aribo and Arfield... I’m wet. 4 Players who press, keep the ball well, tidy in possession and can make things happen.
When you put it like that,that looks very decent.

You then have a very very strong bench from...
Docherty
Jack
Rossiter
Murphy
Candeias
Hastie
McCrorie

Could have stopped at I've never seen him play' here, to be honest:))

I have seen him play a couple of times and he’s definitely talented and has the physique to cope with our league, but I do think some folk are going overboard and its not fair on the lad to pile those expectations on him before he’s kicked a ball.

I could have done, true :))

Glad someone has seen him play and he has some talent. Agree on expectations. Talent and physique are two important criteria, but probably the most important one to actually make it at Rangers is character, we only really find that out when a player arrives.

So happy we have Gerrard as a gaffer. Because with signings like this it gives us that extra pull of having folk join. Imagine it was someone like mcInnes....nae chance.

Posters complaining at his playing level: Aged 22 the Liverpool squad that won the champions league final, played for:

• Alisson > Internacional - 44 appearances.
  • Alexander-Arnold > Not yet 22
  • Matip > Schalke 2.
  • van Dijk > Groningen after starting at Willem 2.
  • Robertson > Hull City and well I don't need to say where before that...
  • Henderson > Sunderland.
  • Fabinho > Rio Ave loaned to Real Madrid 2. Fluminese before that, 0 Appearances for Rio ave.
  • Wijnaldum Substituted for Milner - PSV started at Sparta Rotterdam / Aston Villa.
  • Salah > Basel after moving from El Mokawloon.
  • Firmino: Substituted for Origi > Figueirense 38 games, 8 goals. / Liverpool after 51 appearances.
  • Mané: Substituted for Gomez at > Just signed for Southampton after being at RB Salzburg and Metz. / Gomez is 22 now and played just 65 times in his career.

Is he the quality of any of those players? I don't know... but you can't judge him based on where he's been before.

I don't think many people are expecting that, we should be excited if we manage to beat other clubs to his signature as he looks to be a talent, time will tell how good he will be.

If we are offering him 20k Gerrard must rate him very highly.

None of that however guarantees success but you can't blame folk for getting excited about it.
I think your gonna wank yourself into oblivion if he signs mate haha . Your making me excited about him just because how excited you are lol. I really hope we do pull this one off he looks like an upgrade on ejaria and can score goals too he's the type of player we need in the midfield going by what people have said about him. Have you seen much of him just curious to see what he'll bring to the team?

I remember the same thing when rossiter signed they reckoned if an English team got him it would cost them between 8 and 10 million in development fees

No matter where someone played before, or what experience he has. What he needs to do is produce at Rangers. That is what counts.

I can`t say I ever heard of Aribo, Kent, Kamara et al, before the latter two actually signed. Some of them needed time, others don`t. Some have and some won`t be able to rise to the challenge (or won`t let to - due to tactcial strictness that don`t suit them or their style).

For me, Jones, Stewart and Hastie come with a clean sheet, as will any new arrival. They have to write their story themselves and as always, I hope it is a good one.

I think your gonna wank yourself into oblivion if he signs mate haha . Your making me excited about him just because how excited you are lol. I really hope we do pull this one off he looks like an upgrade on ejaria and can score goals too he's the type of player we need in the midfield going by what people have said about him. Have you seen much of him just curious to see what he'll bring to the team?
I didnt realise i sounded that excited lol not as excited as i was when we got Kamara but i knew more about him so was more confident.

I think its an exciting signing for sure but i have only seen him 4 or 5 times so a lot of my confidence is on what i have heard and his reputation down south rather than having seen him play a lot of times.

He has an allround game, big powerful guy with good skill and can defend and attack.

Personally I think we need another option in there. That could be an area where we spend decent money to ensure we have a full range of options and limit the chances of ever losing the key battles on the pitch

Personally I think we need another option in there. That could be an area where we spend decent money to ensure we have a full range of options and limit the chances of ever losing the key battles on the pitch
I would like a really technical Spanish midfielder in there, maybe from the lower half of La Liga but i know they don't come cheap.

A bargain bucket Parejo would be lovely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back