Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Has anyone got a full timeline of events at septic FC in a word doc or something similar?

Just noticed a Guardian article and at the bottom they wrote this:

More people are reading and supporting The Guardian’s independent, investigative journalism than ever before. And unlike many news organisations, we have chosen an approach that allows us to keep our journalism accessible to all, regardless of where they live or what they can afford. But we need your ongoing support to keep working as we do.
The Guardian will engage with the most critical issues of our time – from the escalating climate catastrophe to widespread inequality to the influence of big tech on our lives. At a time when factual information is a necessity, we believe that each of us, around the world, deserves access to accurate reporting with integrity at its heart.
Our editorial independence means we set our own agenda and voice our own opinions. Guardian journalism is free from commercial and political bias and not influenced by billionaire owners or shareholders. This means we can give a voice to those less heard, explore where others turn away, and rigorously challenge those in power.

Wonder if its worth sending something to them to see if they take it up?
That's a terrific idea. Challenge them to rise to their own code of practice.

Make it so they have no choice due to their 'inform the common man' strategy.

Anyone up for 'daring' the Guardian to put their money where their mouths are?

Wonder which European clubs fans would have an appetite and possibly an ear to learn about this abuse and its cover up by these bheasts

Good shout. Possibly any and every team they meet in Europe as they'll be televised as well. A few banners/comments, etc from rival fans may help spread the word to some and may also be a wee reminder to UEFA too.

A similar action for the paedo harbourers next opponent, anywhere, shortly before their game. That keeps the thought 'fresh' for their rivals.

Don't get off these c*nts back for a second.

Good shout. Possibly any and every team they meet in Europe as they'll be televised as well. A few banners/comments, etc from rival fans may help spread the word to some and may also be a wee reminder to UEFA too.

A similar action for the paedo harbourers next opponent, anywhere, shortly before their game. That keeps the thought 'fresh' for their rivals.

your last sentence especially is spot on mate,keep on at these animals relentlessly and back them into a corner, the moment we drop our guard they will regroup and come out swinging at our club and our fans,we need to make their lives hell going forward now ,for their failure to get their club to do the right and honest thing for the many ,many victims of that clubs employees

That's the first I've ever seen that article GTB.

Made me feel sick to my stomach.

I'd forgotten the dates of the Strachan conviction, but now having looked at that link, I think the following questions need to be asked by politicians or an investigative journalist.

The Chief Constable of the then Lothian and Borders Police was David Strang, an ex pupil of Loretto School, a place that isn't without sexual abuse convictions from staff and was included in the Lady Smith inquiry into CSA.

The big question around the 7 people that were convicted with Strachan is, did Strang stifle the investigation as it would have implicated more people and given Strachan must have known Torbett and the others from his football links, were they also involved?

Lothian and Borders did have a history of botched investigations!!

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/may/07/scottish-paedophile-ring-guilty-child-abuse

That's the first I've ever seen that article GTB.

Made me feel sick to my stomach.

This was evil on an industrial scale @George Goudie
With Strachan (CBC) being one of the two main ring-leaders of the evil gang.
It’s so harrowing that the public gallery was cleared at one point due to the horrific images that were to be shown to the jury. That in itself tells you something about the depravity of these monsters.

The police uncovered the paedophile ring after Strachan, a maintenance engineer for a paint firm and formerly secretary of Celtic Boys Club in Edinburgh, handed his computer in for repair. On its hard drive, a repair technician found an image of an 11-year-old boy abusing himself.

Polluted by deviant compulsion”

Last edited:
Honestly don't think this is something to be "chanting" about. We have to go through the proper channels here for this to be taken seriously.

There's a fine line between raising awareness and goading etc and we need to treat this topic with the respect it deserves otherwise it's easy for people to brush it off as "point scoring".
Nobody said chanting there are many ways to display contempt for their behaviours without making it crass, they have made their beds and should be shamed on a global scale. We were hounded by that lot even after extreme punishment for something not even in the same galaxy as their sins they have to go. FFs they took an advert out in a European paper to try and slaughter us on a wider scale.

Is it the UB that are allowed in before games to place plastic sheets on seats for us to hold up at displays or another fan group?

Maybe 1000 pieces of A4 with some well written facts could have been placed on the Oxford fan seats. This information would be read and spread back down south in one of Englands main (i.e. university) towns.

And are now trying to cover up the cover up.
Nearly as many cover ups as Paedophile abuser convictions.

Cover up the cover up.
Thats the real celtic way.
The unwashed tramps know that they are drowning in a sea of evidence that will prove there was a paedophile ring operating at their rancid club. They now know that the paedophile ring operated with impunity, with the club hierarchy turning a blind eye. It is highly likely that the hierarchy turned a blind eye due to their own paedophilic tendencies and/or money laundering practices with paedophile Jim Torbett’s Trophy Centre business.
So while the the aforementioned unwashed tramps digest the horrific criminality that occurred at their rancid club, they resort to type. They look at how they can drag Rangers FC into this. They are absolutely clutching at non existent straws. We are a proper football club, a proper institution. And absolutely no parallels can be drawn between the heinous crimes committed by Celtic and anything that has ever happened at Rangers FC.
The Kerrydale Street swamp needs to be drained and the monsters need to be exposed, in a court of law, for nearly half a century of crimes against minors. Those who are still alive who mercilessly aided and abetted the crimes by failing to call the police must go to prison for covering up the evil crimes that took place during their ‘watch’.
Only then will the innocent victims feel that they have any kind of justice.

This is a great idea but why limit it to just Europe? Opening weekend of the season could see every ground have a mins applause in support of the victims at X mins with maybe some banners just saying #CelticKnew. Then at every Separate Entity FC away game, the home support could do the same again. All their away games are on tv so it would get a UK wide audience.

How we get fans of other clubs involved tho is the tricky bit as anything coming from us will be seen as toxic??.

Probably been discussed elsewhere but did Cullen, the celtic view photographer, stay in a flat which was part of Torbett's business premises?

"A third man claimed he was abused on occasions as a five-year-old when he visited the Trophy Centre on Shawbridge Street, Glasgow, which was owned by Mr Torbett."

"Cullen, of Shawbridge Street, Pollokshaws, Glasgow, was questioned about the 250 pictures."

Cover up the cover up.
Thats the real celtic way.
The unwashed tramps know that they are drowning in a sea of evidence that will prove there was a paedophile ring operating at their rancid club. They now know that the paedophile ring operated with impunity, with the club hierarchy turning a blind eye. It is highly likely that the hierarchy turned a blind eye due to their own paedophilic tendencies and/or money laundering practices with paedophile Jim Torbett’s Trophy Centre business.
So while the the aforementioned unwashed tramps digest the horrific criminality that occurred at their rancid club, they resort to type. They look at how they can drag Rangers FC into this. They are absolutely clutching at non existent straws. We are a proper football club, a proper institution. And absolutely no parallels can be drawn between the heinous crimes committed by Celtic and anything that has ever happened at Rangers FC.
The Kerrydale Street swamp needs to be drained and the monsters need to be exposed, in a court of law, for nearly half a century of crimes against minors. Those who are still alive who mercilessly aided and abetted the crimes by failing to call the police must go to prison for covering up the evil crimes that took place during their ‘watch’.
Only then will the innocent victims feel that they have any kind of justice.

Well said Coop ;)

This is a great idea but why limit it to just Europe? Opening weekend of the season could see every ground have a mins applause in support of the victims at X mins with maybe some banners just saying #CelticKnew. Then at every Separate Entity FC away game, the home support could do the same again. All their away games are on tv so it would get a UK wide audience.

How we get fans of other clubs involved tho is the tricky bit as anything coming from us will be seen as toxic??.
Minutes applause for abuse victims ? C'mon tae feck !

Fans of other Clubs will have to have a think to themselves about the VICTIMS and ask themselves Who are the toxic one’s in this case Rangers Fans or CFC Paedo’s .

Last edited:
Minutes applause for abuse victims ? C'mon tae feck !
I’d rather us turn our back on them for a minute each time we play them at the piggery in total silence. That would have a bigger effect. Crocker and Walker would obviously talk through it and sky wouldn’t show it. But other press outlets would see it. No banners and no singing for one minute. Total silence and backs turned.

I’d rather us turn our back on them for a minute each time we play them at the piggery in total silence. That would have a bigger effect. Crocker and Walker would obviously talk through it and sky wouldn’t show it. But other press outlets would see it. No banners and no singing for one minute. Total silence and backs turned.

Choir the Capo lead it off on the 72nd minute?

As soon as they disk click hits 73 - The Sash belts out.

This sounds great but it might be more effective at Ibrox? We’re hidden away in the corner at the piggery so it might not be picked up. 50k bears with their backs turned at Ibrox might make a bigger impact. It would be more difficult to ignore as well.

I still think we need to get fans of other clubs involved too. If it’s just us it’s too easy for the media to dismiss it as point scoring.

This sounds great but it might be more effective at Ibrox? We’re hidden away in the corner at the piggery so it might not be picked up. 50k bears with their backs turned at Ibrox might make a bigger impact. It would be more difficult to ignore as well.

I still think we need to get fans of other clubs involved too. If it’s just us it’s too easy for the media to dismiss it as point scoring.
Fans of other clubs in Scotland have shown no interest. Fck them. I’ve had more interest from English clubs fans

Fans of other clubs in Scotland have shown no interest. Fck them. I’ve had more interest from English clubs fans

I’ve seen fans of other Scottish teams show support for the Grays on twitter, admittedly most of the support comes from us. Maybe if the Grays and Kenny tried to get in touch with some of the fans groups to get some sort of match protest organised? Not through twitter tho but privately.

@jf1960 @Bobafett Bear do you think this is something Michelle and Kenny might consider?

I’m really just thinking out loud at ways we can get more media attention and force the politicians/SFA into doing something. As I said before, writing to politicians doesn’t seem to be working. It’s far too easy for them to dismiss it or in many cases just ignore.

IMO the best way to highlight what we think of their cover up at Parkpaed is to refuse any away tickets for that dump

Tell the mhedia our fans refuse to attend the place until they either apologise and compensate the victims or are sanctioned by the SFA and SPL for covering up the child sexual abuse for 50 years

We only get 800 tickets but I think this tactic gets more coverage and embarrasses the shower of shite

Let Hollicom try and make good PR out of us refusing tickets until something is done to punish the club. The new board are now complicit in cover ups too

Lieswell has been there since 1990 so he needs to be shown up for their actions

I fully
I’ve seen fans of other Scottish teams show support for the Grays on twitter, admittedly most of the support comes from us. Maybe if the Grays and Kenny tried to get in touch with some of the fans groups to get some sort of match protest organised? Not through twitter tho but privately.

@jf1960 @Bobafett Bear do you think this is something Michelle and Kenny might consider?

I’m really just thinking out loud at ways we can get more media attention and force the politicians/SFA into doing something. As I said before, writing to politicians doesn’t seem to be working. It’s far too easy for them to dismiss it or in many cases just ignore.[/QUOTE
I fully understand where your coming from but I honestly don’t see the press doing anything until the inquiry is launched. Many of us on here have been contacting sponsors and media outlets and the republican SNP for months. With limited reply from sponsors. I myself have also contacted Westminster and still awaiting reply.
I’ve said it before that when the inquiry is launched then it will be game on but until then we have to keep pushing for justice in anyway we can. We also need to give Professor Thomkins as much support as we can. I can’t wait until it comes up in Holyrood as it will be comical watching Lawwell trying to take on a professor in law.
We need the inquiry. That’s the important bit here as when it was launched down south reference bennell then all media outlets were all over it. But again the republican SNP have put votes before justice.

I fully understand where your coming from but I honestly don’t see the press doing anything until the inquiry is launched. Many of us on here have been contacting sponsors and media outlets and the republican SNP for months. With limited reply from sponsors. I myself have also contacted Westminster and still awaiting reply.
I’ve said it before that when the inquiry is launched then it will be game on but until then we have to keep pushing for justice in anyway we can. We also need to give Professor Thomkins as much support as we can. I can’t wait until it comes up in Holyrood as it will be comical watching Lawwell trying to take on a professor in law.
We need the inquiry. That’s the important bit here as when it was launched down south reference bennell then all media outlets were all over it. But again the republican SNP have put votes before justice.

IMO the best way to highlight what we think of their cover up at Parkpaed is to refuse any away tickets for that dump

Tell the mhedia our fans refuse to attend the place until they either apologise and compensate the victims or are sanctioned by the SFA and SPL for covering up the child sexual abuse for 50 years

We only get 800 tickets but I think this tactic gets more coverage and embarrasses the shower of shite

Let Hollicom try and make good PR out of us refusing tickets until something is done to punish the club. The new board are now complicit in cover ups too

This would get everyone talking, the media couldn't ignore it.

I brought this up a while back. Like you said we only get 800 tickets. But this would be seen around the world and not only in the football community. The press could not ignore this.

To show support in their fight for justice and the truth?? How else can we show support? Writing to politicians is not working. We need to show support en masse and what better way to do that than at or during matches.

I mentioned a while back we should wave white handkerchiefs at a set time, however, some think this is a sign of defeat. Spanish fans do it as a sign of disgust, either way, I think it is visual, hard to ignore, and something easily obtained by all.
The most important thing is would it gain attention as to why it is being done?

Submitted the following foi:

Dear Sir/madam,

I would like to make the following FOI Request

1) the number of emails (sent or received) between any member of the Scottish Parliament/government/MSP and the company Hollicom - Public Relations & Strategic Communication over the past 3 years

2) a list of all recipients and dates (to, cc or bbc) on each email (sent or received) between any member of the Scottish Parliament/government/MSP and the company Hollicom - Public Relations & Strategic Communication over the past 3 years

3) the contents (to, cc or bbc) on each email (sent or received) between any member of the Scottish Parliament/government/MSP and the company Hollicom - Public Relations & Strategic Communication over the past 3 years

4) a list of all payments made between any member of the Scottish Parliament/government/MSP and the company Hollicom - Public Relations & Strategic Communication over the past 3 years
I'm not sure someones emails fall under a FOI request. You can't just read someones emails by an FOI request.

This thread gets madder and madder every single day.

I’m really just thinking out loud at ways we can get more media attention and force the politicians/SFA into doing something. As I said before, writing to politicians doesn’t seem to be working. It’s far too easy for them to dismiss it or in many cases just ignore.
The more people that contact them the better I contacted every team in Scotland got I reply from Ayr United saying they will comment in time also sent emails where possible to every supporters fans forum as yet no replies

Sky wouldn't film our fans and probably use stock images from previous games

I don't think anyone would highlight us doing it to be honest, they'd try not to.

The best way to send a message is for Rangers fans (and other clubs if they had any morals) to not attend their shit hole at all.

I never have funded them and I never will, I couldn't live with myself if I gave that "club" money.

Dear NN,

...(Goes on to talk about organisation)...

Through our Safeguarding in Sport service, Children 1st support and challenge sports governing bodies and other sports organisations including the Scottish Football Association, and Celtic Football Club to ensure that the strongest possible safeguards are in place supported by safe culture, and practice to help ensure that children are safe and can enjoy participating in all levels of sport in Scotland.

This work is making a difference to children across all sports, including football, today.

As well as the work we are doing through our Safeguarding in Sport service we also believe that the infrastructure to support adults who have been abused in childhood must be strengthened and that everybody who experiences abuse in childhood should get rapid access to the support they need to recover and be able to move forward with their lives. This was an issue that we highlighted in our evidence to the Scottish Parliament Health and Sport Committee Inquiry into safeguarding in sport.

We are currently in discussions with stakeholders and partners about what more can be done to progress these issues and our Chief Executive will come back to you later in the summer with further detail about this.

HH

Children 1st

Saw a Tim on Twitter giving it Torbett worked as a Rangers youth coach for 3 years prior to CBC. Basically accused us of doing nothing, even though there’s never been any accusations from anyone other than at his time at CBC. I could not see anywhere that he worked for us. Is this just another bit of deflection bullshite? If he’d been at us the mhedia would be all over it would they not?!?!
Yep that's there come back that we planted him with Celtic to abuse kids. A more deranged bunch of c.unts you could meet.
Was Torbett not about 18 when he started CBC?

I brought this up a while back. Like you said we only get 800 tickets. But this would be seen around the world and not only in the football community. The press could not ignore this.
It might make other Clubs Fans have a deeper thought about the way the schum are treating the victims and their families and with a bit of luck start realising that some support to help the victims and their families would make a lot of sense instead of hating Ranger’s Fans who are trying to do their bit to show their support for the victims .

Saw a Tim on Twitter giving it Torbett worked as a Rangers youth coach for 3 years prior to CBC. Basically accused us of doing nothing, even though there’s never been any accusations from anyone other than at his time at CBC. I could not see anywhere that he worked for us. Is this just another bit of deflection bullshite? If he’d been at us the mhedia would be all over it would they not?!?!

Impossible.... Torbett founded CBC in 1966 aged 18.....So he was a 15 years old?

Also the glaring fact that Rangers did not employ RCs at that time

They are not very good liars are they?

Torbett was never in our employ ever

Timmy deflect tactics mate
Liars from cradle to grave

Impossible.... Torbett founded CBC in 1966 aged 18.....So he was a 15 years old?

Is Torbett an RC? Genuine question.

It might make other Clubs Fans have a deeper thought about the way the schum are treating the victims and their families and with a bit of luck start realising that some support to help the victims and their families would make a lot of sense instead of hating Ranger’s Fans who are trying to do their bit to show their support for the victims .
I understand that alex. But tbh when we were in the dark days I don’t remember any club supporting us. And please this is only my opinion. I want to have no solidarity with any other club in Scotland. I think we have had one reply and that was from Ayr Utd which was along the lines of monitoring the situation. So my personal opinion is if we have to stand alone for justice, and if we get justice then we can hold our heads high as we are the only active support pressing for what’s right.
Justice for victims and families and that rhancid club dragged through the courts and heavily punished by uefa.

Dear NN,

...(Goes on to talk about organisation)...

Through our Safeguarding in Sport service, Children 1st support and challenge sports governing bodies and other sports organisations including the Scottish Football Association, and Celtic Football Club to ensure that the strongest possible safeguards are in place supported by safe culture, and practice to help ensure that children are safe and can enjoy participating in all levels of sport in Scotland.

This work is making a difference to children across all sports, including football, today.

As well as the work we are doing through our Safeguarding in Sport service we also believe that the infrastructure to support adults who have been abused in childhood must be strengthened and that everybody who experiences abuse in childhood should get rapid access to the support they need to recover and be able to move forward with their lives. This was an issue that we highlighted in our evidence to the Scottish Parliament Health and Sport Committee Inquiry into safeguarding in sport.

We are currently in discussions with stakeholders and partners about what more can be done to progress these issues and our Chief Executive will come back to you later in the summer with further detail about this.

HH

Children 1st
This statement seems to dwell on what they are doing NOW and what they are going to do in the FUTURE NN but still avoiding the issues of the past and no mention of support of any kind ( mentally or financially ) for the victims . Well done though NN for what you are doing in support of the victims although trying to get an apology or an admission of liability is like trying to get blood out of a stone . Cap doffed to you for your efforts and Good Luck !

Yeah, I know it's bullshite. Still can't believe the measures they will go to! Disgrace!

I mentioned a while back we should wave white handkerchiefs at a set time, however, some think this is a sign of defeat. Spanish fans do it as a sign of disgust, either way, I think it is visual, hard to ignore, and something easily obtained by all.
The most important thing is would it gain attention as to why it is being done?
On the 67th Minute

Ask him where he seen the proof of Torbett employed at Rangers, end of conversation

Back