Filip Helander signs 4 year deal now Confirmed

Safe to assume that Helander and Goldson will be the first choice centre backs going forward.

Gerrard hasn't forked out £7m on the pair of them not to play.

Absolute certainty.
Although Katic will get plenty game time, you can't go through a season with 2 centre backs.

Unless you're Mark Warburton!

A key position filled. Left sided international centre half's are hard to find. Get the strikers sorted and we are looking good.

Reactions: TQ3
Welcome aboard Filip
Here's wishing you every success
Hope you - & us - enjoy every minute of your time here - & you win trophies / medals
All the best & more

Welcome to Scotland Filip. Your career, life and even your name have just changed forever.

Wherever you go you’ll now always be Filip Helander of The Rangers.

Wear your new identity with pride and should you do it proud you’ll be loved for the rest of your life and remembered long after you’ve gone to the great game in the sky.

Win 55, become immortal you magnificent big Viking warrior.

I find this view hard to accept, although acknowledging think this way, out of the 3 centre backs we had at our disposal last season, Katic finished the season the best. If is the one to make way, I think it is a raw deal.

I agree. Based on the football i've seen over the course of the season, it would be natural to suggest Niko is the one who would hold his place.

I'm happy we're signing what sounds like a quality CB. It's hard to be happy with the thought of Niko being dumped to the bench again though.

Hope Mihajlovic beats whatever medical issue he has that he’s needing to quit for. That doesn’t sound positive at all.

Hoping the deal is already done (sounds like it is and Helander wants to come anyway), and a change of management team at Bologna doesn’t throw a spanner in the works.

Hopefully announced today at some point.

Hopefully

Delighted with the big man signing, a real show of intent by Rangers.
Being left sided, he will naturally play in Katic slot, but that doesn’t mean Katic can’t play on the right, that’s his natural position. They may become the first choice pairing as the season goes on?
Also, this is the legacy of our Euro run, the extra revenue we created by reaching the group stage. Aided by the shareholders allowing the board to convert the loans. Thank you Mr.King and the 3 Bears.
I think we are finally READY to take our place back at the top of Scottish football!

Absolutely brilliant news, great backing from the board and a massive statement of intent. Normally you would want that sort of outlay on a striker or creative player by the last time we spent £4m was Jelavic and what a player and what a turn we got out of him! Bear in mind Smith had already built his base from the back with Weir, Ehiogu then Cuellar? By the time Jelavic came.
Stevie knows what he's doing, scoring wasn't the problem but we've still added scoring threats to our side and now building what all league titles are built on!!
Get the %^*& in there

Last edited:
I’m a happy camper today

580be6f81bbcc.jpeg

Looks like a bit of a tank, which is nice.

Another good piece of business done, really happy with the depth and options we have throughout the team now and there’s still time to add to it.

Back