Filip Helander signs 4 year deal now Confirmed

This is what makes me think the mentally challengeds have no transfer strategy whatsoever. They are claiming to have paid what, 6-7 million on a french defender who was part of one of the worst, if not THE worst defence in Ligue 1 last season. While we have signed a 26 year old international defender from Serie A for half of that. I bet they have paid about 3 million for that lad and as usuall trying to appease the hordes with media bullshit.

I really hope they have paid that on him.

That's £6-7m they won't have when the court cases finally land.

Welcome to Rangers Filip.
Barring any sales of current first choices and cover (Tav, Barisic, FIanagan, Halliday) I think that must be business done defence wise. Though expect to lose a keeper in Fod or Alnwick.

Been saying since January we needed a CH. This is the kind of player I was thinking about.

Hopefully make a formidable partnership with Katic. Goldson is a good back up.

Let’s not go back there Cloodie ? I think we’ll trust Steven to make the right call & just be happy that we have a great squad again ?
Definitely not denigrating Katic. I really like the big fella but if someone believes Helander is here to partner Katic with Goldson as backup I'm 100% certain they're wrong.

Funny :D

It looked cool. I’ve been in Sweden a few times & their language is a nightmare :mad:

Place I quite fancy visiting, that and Iceland. Closest I've been is Amsterdam so that not saying much lol.

As for the language I am struggling with Spanish mate (might come in handy if I bump into Alfredo) :)

Anyway I think I've detailed the thread a little. Buzzing for this signing :)

Just heard a loud bang !
Not sure if it was big Fil slamming the door on paedo fc’s season or their all things Rangers thread imploding ?

Definitely not denigrating Katic. I really like the big fella but if someone believes Helander is here to partner Katic with Goldson as backup I'm 100% certain they're wrong.
Well I hope you are wrong because Goldson is not a patch on Katic who is heading to be the centre back for the Croatian national team, in my opinion Goldson is a decent centre back probably championship quality but no more than that.

OK mate. I don’t claim to be as smart as you mate. I’m just a Rangers fan.
He's left sided and left footed. All the clips I've seen show him in that position. We're not going to be playing two left sided players at the same time. There is a small chance we would do it in a back 3 but I honestly can't see it.

Well I hope you are wrong because Goldson is not a patch on Katic who is heading to be the centre back for the Croatian national team, in my opinion Goldson is a decent centre back probably championship quality but no more than that.
There's a reason Goldson played so much last season, he's our best centre half.

Here's a good article analysing centre halfs in the league including how they compare to their partners.

Goldson played 54 times last season far too many , as season before he played 3 . That showed towards the end of the season .

He's left sided and left footed. All the clips I've seen show him in that position. We're not going to be playing two left sided players at the same time. There is a small chance we would do it in a back 3 but I honestly can't see it.

o_O Katic is right-sided and right-footed is he not? As are Edmundson and Goldson. Helander could partner any of our other three centre-backs.

I agree it will be a Goldson - Helander partnership as first choice by the way.

Id say the most sensible decision here would be to play a 3-4-3. Cant see Goldson sitting on the bench, nor do I want to see Katic on the bench, but signing this boy for 4m means surely he cant be on the bench.

So them 3 at the back, Tav pushed up to RM but covering the RB area, kind of sorts out the LB problem aswell, as we wouldnt particularly need one.

Front 3 of Kent Defoe Ojo :cool:

Katic is right footed. He’s just played left side many times, incl at Slaven Belupo.

It’s a good day getting our man. Just don’t feel like disrupting the feel good factor over who will join him today mate. Too many threads turning to arguments recently. That’s all.

o_O Katic is right-sided and right-footed is he not? As are Edmundson and Goldson. Helander could partner any of our other three centre-backs.

I agree it will be a Goldson - Helander partnership as first choice by the way.
My mistake he's right footed, but he does play on the left. That's where he played before he came to us and also where we play him. I'm probably just used to seeing him use his left foot a lot because he's in that position.

Katic is right footed. He’s just played left side many times, incl at Slaven Belupo.

It’s a good day getting our man. Just don’t feel like disrupting the feel good factor over who will join him today mate. Too many threads turning to arguments recently. That’s all.
That's fair enough but I was just addressing the fact that someone was claiming this means Goldson will be back up.

Back